About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Backyard Ballistics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Backyard Ballistics This forum is dedicated to the safe teaching and responsible handling of high and low explosives. You will not find any information on how to make "bombs" or any such device(s) . Backyard ballistics will teach you the science and the art of pyrotechnics and how to manufacture and use explosives/pyrotechnics safely and responsibly. Backyard ballistics is also a haven for rocketry and pneumatic cannons. All information contained within this forum is for educational purposes ONLY. Totse does not accept responsiblity for any incident involving the use of the information contained within this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-02-12, 01:53
jak719 jak719 is offline
Regular
 
Default I have lots of matches?

hey,
I have tons of boxes of matches, i literally mean about like 1000 or something like that. What are some cool things can i use them for? And I need a quicker and easier way to crush them. Thank you

Oh yeah i recently got a bunch of alka seltzer, what could i use that for? thanks again
 #2 
Old 2002-02-12, 03:17
tek tek is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I have lots of matches?

lol, next time have an idea or plan first then go get the materials you need for it. it seems to work out better that way.
 #3 
Old 2002-02-12, 03:24
Monkeyman666 Monkeyman666 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I have lots of matches?

quote:
Originally posted by jak719:
hey,
I have tons of boxes of matches, i literally mean about like 1000 or something like that. What are some cool things can i use them for? And I need a quicker and easier way to crush them. Thank you

Oh yeah i recently got a bunch of alka seltzer, what could i use that for? thanks again



You LITERALLY have tons huh? Well guess what 1000 is not literally tons. Go smoke cigarettes lit by the matches then drink some alka seltzer!
 #4 
Old 2002-02-12, 05:46
SomeEverydayNobody SomeEverydayNobody is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I have lots of matches?

sit there and tirelessly and scrath away all of them for about 10 years then make soem pipe boimbs and sit on them.
 #5 
Old 2002-02-12, 16:20
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I have lots of matches?

Build a pyramid out of all of those boxes of matches and light it. That would be fun to watch.

You could line them all up on a paper cutter and give them the French Revolution treatment. Pack match heads into empty CO2 cartridges and you've got cratermakers.

~Zero the Inestimable
 #6 
Old 2002-02-13, 00:52
tek tek is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I have lots of matches?

i aggree, just one ton of matches lit on fire would be cool, but we are talking about more than one here. that would be cool. i would set it off using a chemical delay in some big parking lot. or in the car of someone you hate, hehe.
 #7 
Old 2002-02-13, 01:07
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I have lots of matches?

book matches are better. they are just more convenient
 #8 
Old 2002-02-13, 03:22
jak719 jak719 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I have lots of matches?

hey,
sorry monkey i wasnt thinking i know a ton is 2000. But, my mom has a catering business and i get lots of matches because people order them for their weddings with their names on them and shit and barely like half get used so I take the rest. But if anyone else has ideas I would appreciate the help.
thanks
 #9 
Old 2002-02-13, 03:44
Monkeyman666 Monkeyman666 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I have lots of matches?

Apology excepted, make cratermakers for sure, light up a joint. Later
 #10 
Old 2002-02-13, 04:46
jak719 jak719 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I have lots of matches?

hey zero,
once i put tjhe match heads in the co2 cartrige, how do i ignite it.
 #11 
Old 2002-02-13, 05:34
Rat_Bastard Rat_Bastard is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I have lots of matches?

-put cannon fuze in the end and seal it with epoxy or that putty stuff that Zero uses.

-light fuze.

-run for shelter to protect yourself from dangerous shrapnel.

not hard.
 #12 
Old 2002-02-14, 02:35
jak719 jak719 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I have lots of matches?

is there anything else i could do besides make crater makers? and does anyone know a good fuse to make?
thanks
 #13 
Old 2002-02-14, 03:10
tek tek is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I have lots of matches?

hmmm you might be able to make a fuse out of match head powder by mixing it with a little sugar and heating it then putting it on a string. not sure if this will work, it should but i have no idea of the ratios. maybe like match:sugar:water 30:30:40 by percentages. then you could pile matchheads inside a tennis ball and stick that fuse in side it a bit to make sure it lights and then ducttape the hole thing.
 #14 
Old 2002-02-14, 03:36
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I have lots of matches?

You don't need the sugar. Matches pack their own fuel, which is why they burn in the first place. Tightly roll some match powder into a strip of tape and test how fast it burns. That should make a cheap but mostly effective fuse. Remember, always test homemade fuse before you actually use it in something.

You can use matchheads in thick cardboard casings as well. Roll some strips of grocery bag paper together using some Elmer's glue and you have some nice quarterstick tubes. Cap them with water putty and fill with match heads.

~Zero the Inestimable
 #15 
Old 2002-02-14, 03:43
jak719 jak719 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I have lots of matches?

what kind of mixtures can you make with matches?
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics