About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Backyard Ballistics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Backyard Ballistics This forum is dedicated to the safe teaching and responsible handling of high and low explosives. You will not find any information on how to make "bombs" or any such device(s) . Backyard ballistics will teach you the science and the art of pyrotechnics and how to manufacture and use explosives/pyrotechnics safely and responsibly. Backyard ballistics is also a haven for rocketry and pneumatic cannons. All information contained within this forum is for educational purposes ONLY. Totse does not accept responsiblity for any incident involving the use of the information contained within this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-02-05, 02:01
tek tek is offline
Regular
 
Default easy loading of Co2 bombs

all you have to do is widen the hole using a phillips head screwdriver by grinding at it, then just take a 30-06 Springfeild rifle cartrige and fill it woth the powder of your choice. then slide the neck of the Co2 into the rifle shell and shake vertically till all the powder gets into the Co2. i can get like 3 every 10 min, and that includes grinding, affixing the fuse, and sealing it off. i also found that if you are running low on fuse you can use just a little(1.5in) and put some ductape on the fuse and light that. it stays lit well and usually always ignites the fuse. if i can get the digi cam working then i will get some movies up for ya of recent damage tests, which include a portable cd player, pipe(pvc), and a can of camp stove fuel.
 #2 
Old 2002-02-05, 02:15
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: easy loading of Co2 bombs

I made a funnel for cratermakers via the high tech method of cutting the top off a soda can and blasting the base with my pellet gun. The puckered .177 hole fits over the neck of a cartridge nicely so I can pour my powder right from the container.

You can roll custom funnels from kraft paper and glue them to make them nice and durable, too. I know of quite a few people that have done that.

~Zero the Inestimable
 #3 
Old 2002-02-05, 04:00
nexis nexis is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: easy loading of Co2 bombs

quote:
I made a funnel for cratermakers via the high tech method of cutting the top off a soda can and blasting the base with my pellet gun. The puckered .177 hole fits over the neck of a cartridge nicely so I can pour my powder right from the container.


Damn man you been hanging aroudn with that Martha Stewart chick?
 #4 
Old 2002-02-05, 17:30
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: easy loading of Co2 bombs

Martha Stewart is but an insect to me, for I am the king of resourcefulness.

That, and I have a lot of free time...

By the bye, if you're planning on doing this yourself I should note that you shoot at the inward curved part of the can, not the outward curved part. Set the can so the open end (from the part you cut off) is facing away from you and then blast the concave face.

Or you could... I don't know... Go get a small funnel from a kitchen appliance store like normal person. There's no fun in that, though.

~Zero the Inestimable
 #5 
Old 2002-02-05, 22:19
tek tek is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: easy loading of Co2 bombs

i like my method best because you can use larger sized bp grains(or whatever other powder u use) and my funnels always seem to get jammed. how do you overcome this? the only downfall of my method is that 30-06 cartriges arn't lieing(sp?) around everywhere. you could also cut the back(end with the primer on it) off and it would then be a funnel.
 #6 
Old 2002-02-06, 06:51
Aracheon Aracheon is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: easy loading of Co2 bombs

I never thought about using a pop can that had a BB fired through it. I got to start using that. My friends and I used to blow up shit ALL THE TIME with CO2 bombs. (Mailboxes, Nintendo 64, Old Radio, Lockboxes, Paint Cans full of paint, Gallon jugs full of piss, etc.) The way we used to fill them was just to take a piece of paper, make a U shape out of it, put the edge up to the CO2 hole, and just tap it into the canister.

Whilst I'm on the topic of gunpowder CO2 bombs: my friends and I are starting to get really bored with those things, and we want to make something more powerful of roughly the same size. What does everyone recommend? ANFO? AP?
 #7 
Old 2002-02-06, 14:55
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: easy loading of Co2 bombs

AP will give you several orders of magnitude of greater power than a blackpowder cratermaker. However, AP is very sensitive and needs to be handled with extreme care. I suggest you do as much research as possible on it before you attempt to make it.

~Zero the Inestimable
 #8 
Old 2002-02-07, 04:57
Aracheon Aracheon is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: easy loading of Co2 bombs

Yeah, I've got some extensive documentation on the systhesis of AP. I've got a fairly good idea as to how dangerous it is.

What about ANFO? Is that even worthwhile?
 #9 
Old 2002-02-07, 05:07
Rat_Bastard Rat_Bastard is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: easy loading of Co2 bombs

Anfo needs a blasting cap to detonate.

Zero, how did you get macheads to fit into your C02 bomb, because you said that you made one with BP & one with book match heads.
 #10 
Old 2002-02-07, 05:17
tek tek is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: easy loading of Co2 bombs

how about this. im gonna make an ap thread to talk about this shit in. you can make another thread for the other explosive since i have no idea what it is.
 #11 
Old 2002-02-07, 18:51
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: easy loading of Co2 bombs

For match heads, just drill out the end of the cartridge until it's large enough for a whole match head to fit through. Then you load them in by hand. It's slow, but it works. You get used to it.

I stick to black powder now because it's faster as well as more powerful.

~Zero the Inestimable
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics