About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Backyard Ballistics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Backyard Ballistics This forum is dedicated to the safe teaching and responsible handling of high and low explosives. You will not find any information on how to make "bombs" or any such device(s) . Backyard ballistics will teach you the science and the art of pyrotechnics and how to manufacture and use explosives/pyrotechnics safely and responsibly. Backyard ballistics is also a haven for rocketry and pneumatic cannons. All information contained within this forum is for educational purposes ONLY. Totse does not accept responsiblity for any incident involving the use of the information contained within this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-01-12, 23:31
psychojoe psychojoe is offline
Regular
 
Default Success!

Hi, today i went out and bought 200 boxes of 40 matches for �5. I spent this evening trying 3 different devices. The first involved match heads filling a 3 inch cardboardtube about 3/4 full, and then flour in a tissue paper packet on top. For the fuse I used match head powder in masking tape. The fuse burnt well and entered the tube and all i got was a jet of flame and the flour somehow survived.
Next I did the same basically but seperated the flour and matchheads with paper instead, and capped the top with cardboard and glue. I got a nice spew of flame and burning match heads lobbed in the air about 20 ft, scattering accross my garden.
Finally I made what looked like a pipe bomb, but still in cardboard. I got a nice loud report from this one and sum flame.
All in all, an encouraging result for my first fully successful devices. I took some photos with a digital camera but it fucked up and I cant get them on the computer. I will put them up as soon as i do.

I'd like to thank those who replied to my posts, your advice helped me alot.


 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics