|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Backyard Ballistics This forum is dedicated to the safe teaching and responsible handling of high and low explosives. You will not find any information on how to make "bombs" or any such device(s) . Backyard ballistics will teach you the science and the art of pyrotechnics and how to manufacture and use explosives/pyrotechnics safely and responsibly. Backyard ballistics is also a haven for rocketry and pneumatic cannons. All information contained within this forum is for educational purposes ONLY. Totse does not accept responsiblity for any incident involving the use of the information contained within this forum. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2001-12-12, 23:27
|
Zero the Inestimable 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Action Photography: An Extreme Sport?
Did I get your attention yet? I risked life and limb (not to mention camera) to get this action shot of a spraypaint can strapped to a cratermaker. Now that's entertainment. ~Zero the Inestimable ------------------ { DgZ | Forum | Email | Roms } [This message has been edited by Zero the Inestimable (edited 12-12-2001).]
|
|
#2
 2001-12-13, 00:43
|
insane_blaine 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Action Photography: An Extreme Sport?
That was crazy , im going to try that out. Good Job Zero. All you did was strap a crater maker to spraypaint can and lit it? Doe's it work everytime?
[This message has been edited by insane_blaine (edited 12-13-2001).]
|
|
#3
 2001-12-13, 01:13
|
Zero the Inestimable 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Action Photography: An Extreme Sport?
I've taken out lots of cans before this one and never had a dud. If you have a powerful enough cratermaker to rupture its own casing then it isn't much of a stretch to take out an aerosol can along with it.
~Zero the Inestimable
------------------ { DgZ | Forum | Email | Roms }
|
|
#4
 2001-12-13, 01:28
|
Rat_Bastard 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Action Photography: An Extreme Sport?
could you explode a spraypaint can by strapping many sparkalers to it, and coating it in rubber cement? Would that heat it up enough to explode?
|
|
#5
 2001-12-13, 01:32
|
Rat_Bastard 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Action Photography: An Extreme Sport?
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Rat_Bastard
could you explode a spraypaint can by strapping many sparkalers to it, and coating it in rubber cement? Would that heat it up enough to explode?
|
|
|
#6
 2001-12-13, 01:42
|
insane_blaine 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Action Photography: An Extreme Sport?
Yah Just Wip them in a fire or something and they go! its mighty Kewlish tho
|
|
#7
 2001-12-13, 02:05
|
|
Moderator
|
|
directly over the center of th
|
|
Re: Action Photography: An Extreme Sport?
in one of the other posts i saw that some one had made a crater maker useing match heads
is it possible to remove the powder or whatever the match head is made of easly and is it safe ?
------------------ the true stoner of the 21st century
|
|
#8
 2001-12-13, 02:22
|
|
Moderator
|
|
directly over the center of th
|
|
Re: Action Photography: An Extreme Sport?
also what kind of spray can did you use ??
could i use a butain ccan and get better results or are they about the same ??
------------------ the true stoner of the 21st century
|
|
#9
 2001-12-13, 03:47
|
Zero the Inestimable 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Action Photography: An Extreme Sport?
You can safely remove the material from matches with a razor or a mortar and pestle, but there is little point. The resulting powder actually burns slower than unmodified matchheads for the same reason that powder coated rice hulls burn faster than black powder- The fire can flash over the surfaces of the (comparatively) large matchheads faster than it can work its way through the powder and resulting ash. If match powder burned cleaner then it would be more effective to make the particles smaller, but as it stands there is no reason to.
Tossing a spraycan in a fire almost always results in a slow leak which causes an interesting jet of flame but no explosion. If you want to blow the can up you have to tear a sizable chunk out of it first.
I used a can of yellow spraypaint for this, evident by the even distribution of yellow paint spots in a 40 foot radius around the blast site.
~Zero the Inestimable
------------------ { DgZ | Forum | Email | Roms }
|
|
#10
 2001-12-13, 04:38
|
|
Moderator
|
|
directly over the center of th
|
|
Re: Action Photography: An Extreme Sport?
ok thanks  ------------------ im to lazy to type a signature DAMN i just did oh well this is now my new signature
|
|
#11
 2001-12-13, 11:08
|
Death Row 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Action Photography: An Extreme Sport?
hey zero keep sending in the pictures its fucken wicked
|
|
#12
 2001-12-19, 21:07
|
biot 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Action Photography: An Extreme Sport?
what i nice costal area.
|
|
#13
 2001-12-26, 00:33
|
unstable247 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Action Photography: An Extreme Sport?
hey great pic. how far away from the can were you on that one?
|
|
#14
 2001-12-26, 00:47
|
Infestation 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Action Photography: An Extreme Sport?
Ahh the joys and the safety of a zoom lens  [This message has been edited by Infestation (edited 12-26-2001).]
|
|
#15
 2001-12-26, 02:53
|
Zero the Inestimable 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Action Photography: An Extreme Sport?
I have an HP CL200 digital camera. There is no zoom, so I was perhaps twenty feet away from that. Interesting experience, it was.
~Zero the Inestimable
|
|
#16
 2001-12-26, 04:53
|
Bongman 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Action Photography: An Extreme Sport?
Real smart, really smart.
|
|
#17
 2001-12-29, 00:21
|
unstable247 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Action Photography: An Extreme Sport?
yeah bro, werent you worried about shrapnel?
|
|
#18
 2001-12-29, 02:51
|
Zero the Inestimable 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Action Photography: An Extreme Sport?
No.
Shrapnel is a concern in a situation like this, of course, but it's a well known fact that I have little to no regard for my personal safety. I'm not about to let something that stand in the way of art in the making.
~Zero the Inestimable
|
|
#19
 2001-12-29, 05:03
|
Monkeyman666 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Action Photography: An Extreme Sport?
quote: Originally posted by Zero the Inestimable: but it's a well known fact that I have little to no regard for my personal safety.
~Zero the Inestimable
That sounded rather kewlish. I'm very disappointed in you zero. [This message has been edited by Monkeyman666 (edited 12-29-2001).]
|
|
#20
 2001-12-29, 05:32
|
|
Moderator
|
|
directly over the center of th
|
|
Re: Action Photography: An Extreme Sport?
im sorry zero but i would have to agree with monkeyman666
|
|
#21
 2001-12-29, 23:54
|
Rat_Bastard 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Action Photography: An Extreme Sport?
hmmm..... I seem to stray away from cratermakers or any other potentially leathal metal or glass explosive devices.
|
|
#22
 2001-12-30, 03:18
|
Zero the Inestimable 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Action Photography: An Extreme Sport?
What is this, the Salem witch hunt? You people certainly are prone to fling the label of "kewl" around with no regard to its meaning, aren't you?
How many spectacular photographs and pages full of information have I given you? I'm just a "kewl", am I?
I will say this: At times I do disregard my own safety in the pursit of science or art or what have you, but I certainly don't suggest that you do so. Your life and opinions are your own, thank you.
~Zero the Inestimable
|
|
#23
 2001-12-30, 05:09
|
Rat_Bastard 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Action Photography: An Extreme Sport?
Wait a second Zero! I never said I was agreeing with Monkeyman666!
I do the same photography as you do (exept I use a video camera) It's just that I don't like using metal-shrapnel explosives.
|
|
#24
 2001-12-30, 06:11
|
unstable247 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Action Photography: An Extreme Sport?
well, thats fine. i was just making sure you knew that there were dangers involved. hell, if youre not worried, thats fine, just as long as you know.
i, personally, find it more impressive when i can make huge explosions WITHOUT getting hurt, people tend to think of me as less reckless, even more intelligent that way. not to mention the whole "i dont like metal in my eye" thing going on there.
|
|
#25
 2001-12-30, 07:09
|
Monkeyman666 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Action Photography: An Extreme Sport?
quote: Originally posted by Zero the Inestimable: What is this, the Salem witch hunt? You people certainly are prone to fling the label of "kewl" around with no regard to its meaning, aren't you?
How many spectacular photographs and pages full of information have I given you? I'm just a "kewl", am I?
I will say this: At times I do disregard my own safety in the pursit of science or art or what have you, but I certainly don't suggest that you do so. Your life and opinions are your own, thank you.
~Zero the Inestimable
I Never said you were a kewl, You said "I have little to no regard for my personal safety." & I thought that your statement sounded kewlish. I must admit, the pictures are impressive, but if you dont really give a flying fuck about your safety, I guess that its up to you, & I will no longer give a damn about your safety either. If anyone else wants me to never post anything about "Safety" again, please tell me so.
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|