About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Backyard Ballistics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Backyard Ballistics This forum is dedicated to the safe teaching and responsible handling of high and low explosives. You will not find any information on how to make "bombs" or any such device(s) . Backyard ballistics will teach you the science and the art of pyrotechnics and how to manufacture and use explosives/pyrotechnics safely and responsibly. Backyard ballistics is also a haven for rocketry and pneumatic cannons. All information contained within this forum is for educational purposes ONLY. Totse does not accept responsiblity for any incident involving the use of the information contained within this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2001-07-07, 03:55
Real Real is offline
Regular
 
Default The Real-lot's going on fella's

Hey it's The Real, I forgot my password and had to change my email addy, as I've moved.
But....

I know it's been a while, and I feel you deserve an explanation. The last week of May my apartment was struck by lighting and it burnt down. Fire investigators weren't happy when they found a few objects used for making explosives, so I'm in the middle of a big fiasco now and am keeping clean. Looks like my days, sadly, of making AP crackers are over. I ended up in jail for 10 days over the whole thing, and let me tell ya, jail sucks. I have no intentions of doing ANYTHYING that could get me back in there. My case is still under investigation and the cops are out to make me look like some sort of terrorist. When they found that I wasn't and I was ready for trial, they told me they were going to charge me with a 2nd degree felony, so I waived my first trial so they could have more investigation time. In return, they will not charge me with a 2nd degree felony. But it looks like I'll prolly have to plead guilty to a 5th degree.

Perhaps the prosecutor however will realize I'm just a normal guy that was experimenting and be more kind. I really don't want a felony nor think I really deserve a felony count. I warned the firefighters of what was in my apartment and busted my ass to get all the people out of the building, my intentions were never to hurt anyone and I think all of you know that. Fortunately no one was injured in the fire and all my stuff was stored safely enough to do no damage, hell none of it even so much as caught fire.

The ATF, FBI, EPA, the local police, and the local fire department were all involved at one point. I'm sure everything I do is being monitored closely and a lot of people have it out for me. Even a former employer is trying to sue me. So I'm taking things a day at a time, trying to have fun (I might not have the opportunity to do so in the near future), and keeping my nose clean.

They know about this place from my computer, so I advise you all to stop anything that could get you in trouble. Though I think I can be pretty sure that none of you intend to hurt people, the authorities tend to disagree.

Because of this I am going to step down as moderator as I probably won't be around, often, if at all.

I suggest you all decide who you would like to be or would make a good mod for this forum, and let enigma know about it.

The best of luck to all of you and be careful. I still have 10 fingers and I hope all of you keep yours as well. Nice knowing ya, maybe later. Peace out bro's.
 #2 
Old 2001-07-07, 15:58
SmartyPants357 SmartyPants357 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The Real-lot's going on fella's

I hope everything comes out ok for you.
 #3 
Old 2001-07-07, 21:21
doctor drunk doctor drunk is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The Real-lot's going on fella's

Holy shit that is fucking bad luck man. You are by a mile the most knowledgable and helpful person on this forum its going to suck without you. Hope you dont go down for this, you arent a terrorist. If you admitted the bombs to the authorities theyre probably going to go easy on you. Thank fuck you dont live in Britain its a mandatory 7 years for even planting a decoy bomb. Good luck
 #4 
Old 2001-07-08, 03:32
unstable247 unstable247 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The Real-lot's going on fella's

*cries*

wow, struck by lightning, THAT is weird. how many apartments get struck by lighting and end up BURNING DOWN? and the one that did happened to be full of supplies used for making explosives.

too bad youre not gonna be able to do much more experimenting. you are one of the most knowledgeable people on this topic. i really suggest you take all the steps necessary to make this legal for you. you know, like get a high explosives manufacturing liscense thing. that way, you could proceed to do this stuff legally. i really think youd be fit for that.

also, good luck with the legal issues. i hope they understand your case that youre not in explosives because your main goal is to cause terror, but because youre just highly curious on the subject and liked to experiment and have a little fun. if everyone was like that, explosives wouldnt be illegal.
 #5 
Old 2001-07-09, 13:36
Cube Cube is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The Real-lot's going on fella's

"if everyone was like that, explosives wouldnt be illegal." explosives are legal as long as you have a license and are used in a safe controlled enviroment.

mind you i never do anything illegal anyway so i don't have anything to worry about
 #6 
Old 2001-07-12, 03:04
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: The Real-lot's going on fella's

Cube, you narc, just to let you know...
We never forget, biotch...
 #7 
Old 2001-07-12, 03:48
Cube Cube is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The Real-lot's going on fella's

oh yeh i forgot.
 #8 
Old 2001-07-12, 05:42
dankgirl420 dankgirl420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The Real-lot's going on fella's

OMG! The_Real...I've missed you. Email me.
 #9 
Old 2001-07-12, 21:29
jonas jonas is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The Real-lot's going on fella's

Fuck man... This is a fucking shock for me..It is like a part of the forum died with The Real.Only a few like him.Really. Things will be much different from now on. We can only hope that the forum will keep its present profesionallity and that its glory won�'t fade in the future.And I MEAN that.
But naturally I have my doubts.As I happen to be very suspicious this came on my mind: what if the febs or some goverment agency came to realise that this forum can really give you many informations about explosives and anything else you are interested in and does therefore represent a danger to national security or whatever is the crap they are afraid of - and this could be the reason why they decided to get rid of it.The best way doing this would be by getting one of the main members out of the way.That way the forum would have stayed without an important part of the very neccessary inteligence and as such wouldn't have attracked so many visitors as it is now. Other key members woud soon have realised that the good old times have passed and therefore they would also have left.And eventually the forum would die...
I am not saying anything has happened to The Real - maybe someone is just blocking his electronic access to the forum and is sending us these false mesages about what really happened.
Just thinking thou.This could be true, but on the other hand, I could be completely wrong.In that case- sorry Real but we do have to take all measures of precaution to find out the truth. I am just worried about you and about the future of this forum...
 #10 
Old 2001-07-12, 23:04
kestreail kestreail is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The Real-lot's going on fella's

An employer trying to sue??? Well, there is the general stupidity of the american population. No offence to you all but you are amoung asshole who will do anything to try and get money when you get in trouble. But Real, as long as you didn't do anything during working hours or at work, which I am sure you didn't, you can tell him to go fuck himself and leave you in piece.

I hope it works out for you, but I'm sure having chemicals stored is perfectly legal, even if mixing them in the right amount will make explosives. I mean, some University guys blew up an oil drum barrel and that was heard for at least a mile. When they were arrested they had made explosives the were confiscated, and they got probabtion, so I can't see the cops doing too much with just chemicals. I wouldn't be suprised if they are just using scare tactics to try and encourage you to not do something like that again. that is what they did to me. Anyway, I'm sorry about your apartment and all, I wish you the best of luck for the future and I hope you get out of this ok. I'll see you around maybe...

------------------
I am guided by the beauty of our weapons. -- Leonard Cohen
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics