About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Backyard Ballistics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Backyard Ballistics This forum is dedicated to the safe teaching and responsible handling of high and low explosives. You will not find any information on how to make "bombs" or any such device(s) . Backyard ballistics will teach you the science and the art of pyrotechnics and how to manufacture and use explosives/pyrotechnics safely and responsibly. Backyard ballistics is also a haven for rocketry and pneumatic cannons. All information contained within this forum is for educational purposes ONLY. Totse does not accept responsiblity for any incident involving the use of the information contained within this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2000-09-21, 16:56
raverz_choice raverz_choice is offline
Regular
 
Default please help I need some info

Hey I recently found out about a bomb made buy taking a few drops of gasoline and letting them dry on the side of a glass bottle then take a few drops of potassium permangante and let that dry on the bottem then throw the bottle against a wall and BOOM.

But I need to know were I can get potassium permangante, I heard it is used in fish tanks to kill toxic things in the bowl but leave the fish and when mixed with highly toxic things like i don't know GAS it creats and explosion.

So please help me by finding out and telling me where I can get it.
 #2 
Old 2000-09-21, 21:55
Regular
 
Default Re: please help I need some info

isn't it also in snake bite kits?
 #3 
Old 2000-09-21, 23:19
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: please help I need some info

You read that in the anarchist cookbook. It won't work. But if your hell bent on doing it potasium permanganate is sold under the name potperm for the cleaning of septic tanks. For a working explosive fill the bottle with gas and sulfuric acid seal it wash it thoroughly and wrap a paper towel around it that has been soaked in a mixture of potperm and water. let dry and you have an auto igniting Incendiary device.
 #4 
Old 2000-10-27, 13:37
rxrgood4u rxrgood4u is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: please help I need some info

Raver, even tho i dont like you i m going to tell you, you can get KMnO4 at sears, in the water softener department, i have 6 oz of it right now,
 #5 
Old 2000-10-27, 20:21
Regular
 
Yami no tensai
Default Re: please help I need some info

The reason he is telling you that even though he doesn't like you is because you will pry catch some hellacious schrapnel from the glass when the chemical reaction begins instantly.

What I read is that you have to fully coat the inside of the jar w/ gasoline and let it dry, then apply a few drops of potassium permanganate. But remember, people have lost body parts cuz of this schitt!

I remember a teen who blew off 4 fingers trying to do the stuff thats in the cookbook, not my idea of a jolly good time! I also heard that it was just a book written by an ex CIA agent to get idiots to blow themselves up.

So I always let someone do some insane shit a couple of times and witness it personally before I even think about doing it. Unless you can regenerate body parts that is.
~Dark

-"Buried a couple of
"bouncing betties", you
remember those right? Anti-
personnel mine, the first
one triggers it and it takes
out the rest. You'd be amazed
at what a little scrapnel can
do to human flesh and bone."
-"The General's Daughter"
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics