Backyard BallisticsThis forum is dedicated to the safe teaching and responsible handling of high and low explosives. You will not find any information on how to make "bombs" or any such device(s) . Backyard ballistics will teach you the science and the art of pyrotechnics and how to manufacture and use explosives/pyrotechnics safely and responsibly. Backyard ballistics is also a haven for rocketry and pneumatic cannons. All information contained within this forum is for educational purposes ONLY. Totse does not accept responsiblity for any incident involving the use of the information contained within this forum.
I bought a chemistry set at a garage sale a few years ago and put it in to storage, I took a look at it the other day and decided to catalouge the contents here and ask for suggestions of any thing that I could do with the chemicals.
you might poison yourself if you mix them all togeather and ingest them.
#3
2000-08-30, 22:45
Alan Smithee
Regular
Re: various chemicals
not origional it says that on the label of the cobalt chloride.
#4
2000-08-31, 02:50
The Real
Regular
Re: various chemicals
All cyano compounds are very toxic, best to throw that away. Phenolthalein can be used as a color change pH indicator. It goes clear I believe in acids, it's been a while since I've performed a titration with it so I may be incorrect.
sodium ferrocyanide may be used as a color chang indicator for soluble Iron. Many cyano compounds are used in metal concetration titrations, but it would still be better to rid of it.
That's about anything there horrible interesting.
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.