|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Backyard Ballistics This forum is dedicated to the safe teaching and responsible handling of high and low explosives. You will not find any information on how to make "bombs" or any such device(s) . Backyard ballistics will teach you the science and the art of pyrotechnics and how to manufacture and use explosives/pyrotechnics safely and responsibly. Backyard ballistics is also a haven for rocketry and pneumatic cannons. All information contained within this forum is for educational purposes ONLY. Totse does not accept responsiblity for any incident involving the use of the information contained within this forum. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2000-06-13, 09:02
|
Kermit 
Regular
|
|
|
|
how to make naplam! easy & fast!
naplam is fun and easy to make. pretty much inexpensive too! ok first get like a big water bottle, like the hiking kind and fill it two thirds up with gasoline. then get a hell of a lot of styrofome. the thicker and more compacted (harder) the styrofome is the better, the little packing S's don't work very well but the chunks that come with a new computer or tv or something are the best. Break the styrofome up and put it piece by piece into gas filled bottle. after all the styrofome melts you will have a syrup like substusnt. NAPLAM!!! dont get any on your hands, that wuld be bad..
|
|
#2
 2000-06-14, 14:22
|
FuNkMaSta 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: how to make naplam! easy & fast!
Yep that worx, i made that years ago...except the best mix would be to make sure you don't put too much styrofoam, as it doesn't burn as effectively, and doesn't last long.. i used to: put petrol into a can/bucket, feed styrofoam into it..and make sure there's petrol left over, makin' sure the mixture is wet enuff, i used to put the 'Napalm' into lil lunchbags, the plastic ones,...tie it shut, and poke a hole in it..light and throw =) burns the plastic and sticks to the target.. pretty cool and if ya made it right..it burns for up to an hour or more! PEaCE~! happy 'Napalmin'
|
|
#3
 2000-06-15, 01:52
|
The Real 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: how to make naplam! easy & fast!
A gelled flame fuel that works well, but not napalm. Military napalm is not as thick, but sticks, it is thixotropic. Meaning at higer pressures and faster movement it becomes less viscous where as in situation of lower pressures and less forces applied it is more viscous. It has the ability to behave runny when fire out of a hose, but be sticky when it hits a wall. This property also allows planes to drop a bomb which pretty much puts a mist of napalm in the air then ignite it. How the real stuff is made at the home I'm not sure. But some gasoline additives come real close, I think one such additive is called SureFire, but I'm not sure where it would be avaliable.
|
|
#4
 2000-06-15, 10:21
|
peacemaker 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: how to make naplam! easy & fast!
I have read a book called Dragons Breath or something like that from Paladin. The book was about flamethrowers and it also discussed the different fuels that could be used for homemade flamethrowers, one of them was Sure Fire. In the book was written where you could buy it. I'm going to post it soon.
P.S. If you have seen the movie Hamilton, the flamethrower that they use is my work!
Peacemaker..
|
|
#5
 2000-06-15, 10:31
|
Jadedfool 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: how to make naplam! easy & fast!
The styrofoam gas trick is close to napalm but not the same thing. If you've seen both up close in action you know what I mean. The styrofoam is more of a thickener for the gas then anything else, but its a heluva lot more fun then napalm I'll tell you that...
|
|
#6
 2000-06-15, 22:00
|
smokey 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: how to make naplam! easy & fast!
to make a simular product all you need to do is warm your petrol in a double boiler(i shoulde not need to explaine that) then take soap flakes not soap powder,( in aus we have a product called lux soap flakes and no..liquid soap wont work)slowly add to warm gas whilst stiring, keep adding soap flakes untill the gas is a nice gell at this stage you could add some napthaleen flakes and some palm oil (both products obtainable from yourhardware store)this can then be used for molitovs or pumped . this info for educational purposes only i do not recomend the use of any incendary or other prohibited substance....:-)
[This message has been edited by smokey (edited 06-15-2000).]
[This message has been edited by smokey (edited 06-15-2000).]
|
|
#7
 2000-06-16, 03:29
|
The Real 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: how to make naplam! easy & fast!
I tried the heated gasoline and soap thing. I don't recommend it. It does work but you end up with little product because the gasoline evaporates so fast, you are surrounded by gasoline vapor (Hydrocarbons will kill you if inhaled too much) and at $2 a gallon it's outrageously expensive anymore.
I do disagree though, Napalm is much cooler. It burns hotter and is more applicable.
The neatest thing I perfected with the styrofoam and gasoline stuff was loading it into a shotshell. Mind you I wouldn't try it unless you know how to reload ammo well. The shelf life of this ammo is only a few hours, but the effects are neat. It clumps together so well the glob travels in one "slug" on fire, when it hits the target is splatters leaving a nice nearly unextinguishable wall of fire on the target. Max effective range was under 30yds, added velocity just atomizes the stuff and you get a huge very shortlive fire ball right at the end of your barrel.
|
|
#8
 2000-06-24, 16:33
|
Trippy_McGee 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: how to make naplam! easy & fast!
I've never tried this one, but I've heard that if you mix equal parts gasoline with frozen orange flavoured syrup you can get a clinging flame.
I'm not an expert pyrochemist, but my guess is that the orange syrup is all sticky and viscous. If it doesn't work, or if you ignite yourself, don't blame me.
|
|
#9
 2000-07-08, 05:00
|
Bob- 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: how to make naplam! easy & fast!
the closest to napalm you will ever get is mixing gas and chainsaw oil (3:1) this literally roars, for a thicker mix try pouring it over styrofoam bit by bit. But putting styrofoam or plastic into gas seems to be less effective. I take no responsibilty for your actions
[This message has been edited by Bob- (edited 07-08-2000).]
|
|
#10
 2000-07-10, 04:36
|
The Real 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: how to make naplam! easy & fast!
Bob-
I agree, styrofoam is very viscous, and would most likely be too thick to pump in a flame thrower or atomize in the air from bomb dispersment. But it does stick well and is great to load in a shotgun shell, though it's not all that accurate, it makes a hell of a firestarter.
|
|
#11
 2000-07-10, 11:57
|
Bob- 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: how to make naplam! easy & fast!
ooh, ouch, that would be one of those "limited shelf life" toys, but still sounds fun, for some fun also try finely powdered nitrocellulose. Sometimes it goes out, but its still cool. I am not suggesting you try/nor take for fact anything mentioned in this post, and I take no responsibilty for your actions
|
|
#12
 2000-07-10, 23:34
|
The Real 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: how to make naplam! easy & fast!
Yeah it's a make and use it right now type deal. But there's something cool about sending a flaming ball of "goop" on it's way to easily flammable objects. I had quite the fire going on some unlucky cardboard boxes.
|
|
#13
 2000-07-20, 09:44
|
Alan Smithee 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: how to make naplam! easy & fast!
there is a third and very important ingrredient that you have forgotten to mention and that is benzene a simple hydrocarbon C6H6. it is now very hard to purchase though. true naplam is one part benzeene one part polystyrene one part gasoline.
|
|
#14
 2000-09-01, 13:53
|
Shotgun303 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: how to make naplam! easy & fast!
The Real,
About that napalm/shotgun shell thing, I have three questions:
1. Why do you suggest that you only try it if you are good at reloading?
2. Do you think this could lead to damage to the shotgun?
3. You're talking about a 12-gauge right? (sorry if that sounds stupid, I'm just checking)
|
|
#15
 2000-09-03, 20:42
|
The Real 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: how to make naplam! easy & fast!
1. Because if you're not profficient at reloading and understand the science of shotshells, then you don't much about it. The less you know, can kill you. Some people thing they can rip the top out a shell dump the shot and put anything in there. What they don't understand is that it does matter. Weight is very important, too little and the powder won't all burn, too much and the reciever goes boom. Even the primers being used can cause dangerous pressures to develop or not enough. I load the exotic shells I make after knowing:how much the projectile will weight, how far do I want it do go, what velocities am I looking for, what is the nature of the projectile, and shelf life. From these you can make a good starting load components:Hull, Wad, Powder type, Powder charge, primer type, and what crimp to use. From there you can make fine adjustments. I have several books on reloading rifle, pistol, and shotgun ammunition, I also get every updated reloading manual as they come out. I just go the local gunstores frequently and see what new literature they have. All powder manufactures release updated manuals for their powder at least once per year.
2. I doubt it would do any harm to the shotgun. The goop is only in the barrel for a very short period of time and doens't get near as hot as combusting powder does. Just keep your gun clean.
3. Though I do have a 12ga, I do most of my testing with a 20ga first. 20ga is cheaper and my 20ga didn't cost much. If it blows up I'm only out $60 at the most. If I get it consistent in the 20ga, then maybe I'll try it in a 12ga, but converting still needs fine tuning.
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|