About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Backyard Ballistics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Backyard Ballistics This forum is dedicated to the safe teaching and responsible handling of high and low explosives. You will not find any information on how to make "bombs" or any such device(s) . Backyard ballistics will teach you the science and the art of pyrotechnics and how to manufacture and use explosives/pyrotechnics safely and responsibly. Backyard ballistics is also a haven for rocketry and pneumatic cannons. All information contained within this forum is for educational purposes ONLY. Totse does not accept responsiblity for any incident involving the use of the information contained within this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2000-04-26, 03:32
Militiamind Militiamind is offline
Regular
 
Default Explosives/Survivalism

Hey guys...
I would like some feedback on anyone who is interested in the information/experience i have in survivalism, pyrotechnics (explosives), or weapons....have lots to share, but im not going to waste my time if nobody cares..
It'll be worth you time
 #2 
Old 2000-04-26, 03:39
Jadedfool Jadedfool is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Explosives/Survivalism

by pyrotechnics do you mean wimpy little fireworks, or chemical explosives that you like to use to demolish abandoned houses in your spare time?
 #3 
Old 2000-04-26, 03:44
Militiamind Militiamind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Explosives/Survivalism

Shoulda made that more clear, these are chemical explosives, although i have some 'recipies' in which you could add some of the ingredients from fireworks...but mostly kitchen improvised (stuff found around your home)....
 #4 
Old 2000-04-29, 14:54
zeus zeus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Explosives/Survivalism

have you got any recipe for smoke bombs without using potassium nitrate?could you explain me where can i find saltpeter easily?
 #5 
Old 2000-04-29, 21:24
~V ~V is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Explosives/Survivalism

Question

Remember the 'predator' in that Arnold Swartzenegger(sp.?) movie?

How would you deal with those kinds of enemies, [Assuming] that they are spirit vampires, and they are stalking you?

Have you thought about that in your survivalism?

You know someone named Rx?

 #6 
Old 2000-05-01, 09:14
peacemaker peacemaker is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Explosives/Survivalism

One Smokebomb coming right up.

Here are the recipe:

80 g of Potato flour.

100g of Pottasium Clorate(NaCI03.

200g of NH4CI( Can't remember right now whats it's name)

Just mix and grind it all together and voila!!!


This is real good!!!

Peacemaker....
 #7 
Old 2000-05-01, 17:49
zeus zeus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Explosives/Survivalism

Thanks very much Peacemaker!!!
 #8 
Old 2000-05-02, 02:39
Militiamind Militiamind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Explosives/Survivalism

thanks peacemaker for that smoke bomb, i was trying to find that one, see i just use ole' faithfull, the suger/saltpeter has always been a great one for me, but i'll keep that one in mind now too
 #9 
Old 2000-05-02, 17:43
peacemaker peacemaker is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Explosives/Survivalism

This one is much better than the old Salpeter/Sugar because it gives more smoke and smells very nasty!!!!

Take Care!!!
New-Year 1999/2000 me and some friends made almost 1 kg of it, and after inhaling the smoke for some time, we caughed for two days!!(Nasty Shit)

And Remember:
Keep cool, don't open the frigde..

Peacemaker..
 #10 
Old 2000-05-04, 02:15
Militiamind Militiamind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Explosives/Survivalism

Hey peacemaker, you know if the sugar/saltpeter smoke bomb if not safe to inhale? i thought it might be a good piece of artillery for my paintball team..lol
 #11 
Old 2000-05-04, 07:39
peacemaker peacemaker is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Explosives/Survivalism

I mean the other smokebomb!!!!

Peacemaker...
 #12 
Old 2000-05-05, 05:00
GeSaMoore GeSaMoore is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Explosives/Survivalism

I neet to find a way to break some big rocks at ground level quietly can I drill holes and put in thermite, any suggestions will be apperacited. And where can I get powered aluminum?
 #13 
Old 2000-05-05, 11:05
peacemaker peacemaker is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Explosives/Survivalism

You can use some Special Effects squibs but these are very expensive, but they don't make much noise. I use them to blow holes in doors,metal,locks and other things..

By the way, why do you want to make holes in a rock???

Peacemaker
 #14 
Old 2000-05-05, 21:12
~V ~V is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Explosives/Survivalism

>>a way to break some big rocks at ground level quietly << ??

Sure you can break the rock quietly but drilling the holes wont be so quiet. Depends how big the rocks are, what their composition is, and where the holes need to be place to effectivly split the rock (has to do with cleavage planes in the rock--wich might require some study on your part.

There are chemicals, I believe a two part mixture which can be packed into the hole, [when] activated this mixture will expand with enough force, or pressure to break the rock.

I have not studied about this technique, I have only heard about it. I might look into it sometime.

Am. Indians and other 'ancients' used fire to heat the rock and water to fracture it in mining methods.
 #15 
Old 2000-05-06, 05:35
GeSaMoore GeSaMoore is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Explosives/Survivalism

Thanks V I have a name they call Japenese dinimite, but I'm not sure what is is but I will find and send it to you. I have seen it work you drill a hole in the rock and mix this stuff with water and pour it in and the next day is in tow pices.
The hard part is drilling the holes, we drilled into concret and it was easy and we drilled into grannet and we just made a llot of noise.

 #16 
Old 2000-05-06, 08:22
~V ~V is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Explosives/Survivalism

Good Topic Militiamind. I and probably others are interested. I can't get into it right now.

Once I found some fairly ancient stone tool making sites. From experimenting with the fragments (white flint in this case) I learned how remarkably efficient these tools were. I was able to carve in seasoned oak better than with a steel knife blade. A flint edge is sharper than surgical steel.

At one time I had wanted to live and survive for two years in the Great Lakes region using only tools and means I could make from natural things and experience what it was like to live in ancient times.

I have been to websites about stone tool making. I tried it on my own out in the wild, (no training) with partial success, and the problem I was having was knowing which rocks are right for making good tools. This varies depending upon where you are.

It probably has to do with cleavage properties. Conchoidal (like glass) for example as in (that black stuff...'volcanic glass'.. duh.. my mind isn't working to well) Obsidian! Some of the items produced by stone tool makers was awsome. I remember seeing some in National Geographic from an Inca tomb that was etraordinary.

Have you tried this before?

 #17 
Old 2000-05-06, 08:25
The Real The Real is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Explosives/Survivalism

MilitiaMind

The chemical you are looking for is not NH4CI
but NH4Cl, NH4CI cannot exist chemically. The name is Ammonium Chloride. We all make typos though, not bashing just trying to help. How long ya been doing this sorta thing. I've been into it for 9yrs now. I know all I feel I need to know. But I think making explosives is too dangerous when it's so much easier to buy them. My number one safety rule is:"If possible, let someone else make it". I've made RDX, Nitroglycerin, Tetryl, black powder, gun cotton, Kinepack, caps, etc. I've found it much easier and safer to just purchase double based smokeless shotgun powder and used a home made cap. It's more powerful than dynamite and cheaper, it will also sensitized ammonium nitrate (Allian Red Dot will anyways).
 #18 
Old 2000-05-06, 13:59
zeus zeus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Explosives/Survivalism

i can't found NH4Cl.could you tell me which
product (food,detergent etc)has NH4Cl.
here in greece you don't find easily that kind of chemicals in drug stores.they only sell medicine and other stuff.


[This message has been edited by zeus (edited 05-06-2000).]
 #19 
Old 2000-05-07, 16:34
GeSaMoore GeSaMoore is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Explosives/Survivalism

I have 2 acres of rocks that are just too big for my backho to move if I can break some of them in half i can move them I want to make for a garage. I think the rocks are granit. If I drill holes in then and burn thermite will that crack them? Last year we drilled holes in some of them and mixed some brown powder with water and put into the holes and the next day they were broken. The old man where I got the (Japanese Dynamite he called has passed away). Will the filiment from a broken light bulb ignite thermite and is IRONOXIDE ok to make thermite. Where can I find powered alunimum?
 #20 
Old 2000-05-08, 06:53
The Real The Real is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Explosives/Survivalism

Zeus,

The only thing I can tell you then is mail order. Try this site www.pyrotek.org
they carry quite a bit of chemicals. Or you could just use a different recipe.

2pt Potassium Nitrate KNO3
1pt Flour of Sulphur S

Just dry mix and ignite with a fuse it gives off thick white smoke and poisonous Sulphur Dioxide.

Pottassium Nitrate in the US atleast can be found in drug stores. It has been used in pickling, a laxative, and erection control by the military. Sulphur is found in gardening stores and nurseries. If all else fails you can do the mail order supply houses.
 #21 
Old 2000-05-20, 21:19
$Matius420$ $Matius420$ is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Explosives/Survivalism

What is the best alternative for The Works or drano to make a drano bomb. I heard snowbowl works, but I could never get it to work. Also, what other household non-scientific chemicals can be slapped together to get a cool result? Thanks, Matius
 #22 
Old 2000-05-31, 09:22
assyrian assyrian is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Explosives/Survivalism

AMMONIUM CHLORIDE IS IN DRY CELL BATTERIES(NOT THE ALKALINE OR MERCURY TYPES)THE ONE WITH THE MANGANESE PASTE MIX. GET THE BLACK PASTE MIXTURE AND MIX IT WITH PURE H20 THEN FILTER UNTIL H20 IS CLEAR THEN GET THE CLEAR LIQUID AND DRY IT. WHAT IS LEFT IS A OFFWHITE TO WHITE AMMONIUM CHLORIDE.
 #23 
Old 2000-05-31, 22:42
smokey smokey is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Explosives/Survivalism

>>>guessamore<<<<<
you get aluminium flake from a paint shop that sells metalflake paint yes iron oxide is good for thermate a light filament might do the trick, i like magnesium tape
you could try potasium permanginate(aka condies crystals) down the hole in your rock and then hit it with common glycerin (from the supermarket)take care:-)
 #24 
Old 2000-06-05, 20:44
Mortose Mortose is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Explosives/Survivalism

Hey milita ill gladly take any info you got on that espically on weapons but all of it would be great
 #25 
Old 2000-06-11, 02:11
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Explosives/Survivalism

your best bet for setting of thermite is powdered magnesium.

although filiments in light bulbs get extremly hot remember that the are in a near vacume and that the tungsten doesnt have much air conducting heat from it.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics