About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God For discussing any and all religious viewpoints. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Keeping your sense of humor is required. Posting messages about theological paradoxes is encouraged.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2000-09-04, 15:45
twiztd twiztd is offline
Regular
 
Default magick type poem

enjoy.

candle shining in the night
with you flame enchanted
by the power of magic might
may my wish be granted.
when the candle sheds it's gleam
at the mystic hour.
let the filiment of my dream,
gather mystic power.
flam of magic brightly burn,
spirit of fire let the wheel turn.


I don't know, but i is really cool to chant that, when you are done make a wish, according to what color candle you are using. red=love pink=friendship green=luck black=revenge whit= phychic development.
Have fun
 #2 
Old 2000-09-04, 16:21
Regular
 
Default Re: magick type poem

well done. paganism isn't my bag but that was well written.
 #3 
Old 2000-09-05, 03:24
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: magick type poem

Too bad it was full-o-shit.

Please don't polute the work and meaning of magick with your childish witchery.
 #4 
Old 2000-09-12, 18:56
Melissa Melissa is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: magick type poem

quote:
Too bad it was full-o-shit.
Please don't polute the work and meaning of magick with your childish witchery.


Charming, Z3m. Take someone's honest risk to share their personal writing and slam it down. I really don't understand people who have to deride others in order to make themselves feel important.

twiztd, don't let the posturing of others spoil magick for you. If it's honest and comes from your heart, if you have intent, that's what counts.

Blessings,
-M
http://www.bbzzz.com
 #5 
Old 2000-09-13, 02:58
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: magick type poem

Hehehe. I don't feel important, jerk. I'm already important. If you really understood what is meant by "MAGICK" you wouldn't have even thought that let alone said it to me.

Clearly you, like twizbit, have no understanding of what you speak.

And that's why I felt compelled to tell you about it. I mean... Seeing how I know what I'm talking about and all.

When the ignorant, intelligent set hear criticism, they enlighten themselves and grow. When the rest hear it, they blame the critic.
 #6 
Old 2000-09-13, 03:53
Trippy_McGee Trippy_McGee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: magick type poem

Is it just me or is this forum dying?
 #7 
Old 2000-09-13, 08:54
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: magick type poem

Well, since I'm the only person here who has a fucking clue and am not pretending to cast spells and summon spirits and such... Ugh. Even if we had a Wiccan here that was reasonable it might be fun. I've yet to meet one of those, however.
 #8 
Old 2000-09-13, 19:59
Bongman Bongman is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: magick type poem

Wicca is to traditional a religion for me, but some of the herbs and minerals may have powers, that science has not discovered. The idea of visualizing a "wish" to make it come true could work, because your intent on your goal. I liked your poem twisted. It's good, and if you wrote it, it means even more (or so they say in the belief of wicca). Z3M
 #9 
Old 2000-09-14, 04:34
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: magick type poem

As far as visualization goes, it's taught in many non Wiccan places.

Sigil work is much more effective.

Besides, Wicca is a silly neopagan, newage, lesbian fest.
 #10 
Old 2000-09-14, 19:51
Eldritch Eldritch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: magick type poem

Lesbians are good.
 #11 
Old 2000-09-15, 05:57
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: magick type poem

Not wiccan one's. They don't shave ANYTHING!
 #12 
Old 2000-09-15, 21:52
Melissa Melissa is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: magick type poem

<sigh> Folks, this forum is for genuine discussion of things Pagan.

Neo-paganism is a very large umbrella and it includes braggarts, leeches and idiots as much the next religious group. I urge folks to use common sense and judgement when assessing teachers and to remember that there's a very large difference between a wanna-be teenager claiming ultimate power and a experience and fully-trained practitioner, whatever their art, method or path.

Apologies to those who genuinely desire a discussion of Pagan philosophies, beliefs or systems. Hopefully we can ignore the grandstanding long enough to have a meaningful conversation.

B*Bzzz
-M
 #13 
Old 2000-09-16, 00:35
Eldritch Eldritch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: magick type poem

Bah you don't know many goth chicks then. The good ones shave everything worth shaving...
 #14 
Old 2000-09-16, 01:54
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: magick type poem

Classic stance of wiccans: If you don't agree with me I won't talk with you.

Heaven forbid I actually state my opinion. I mean... When they're so correct and thought out and I can actually offer proof... Hmmm. Wicca, indeed.

quote:
braggarts, leeches and idiots


Whoah! I'm sure glad I'm not one of them.

quote:
a wanna-be teenager claiming ultimate power and a experience


That too!

On the whole, those with the truth are most credible. Truth: Magic is fallacy. Those who deny the truth must prove their opinion.

So, busy bee, prove it.
 #15 
Old 2000-09-16, 15:48
Trippy_McGee Trippy_McGee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: magick type poem

I wanna be a teenager.
 #16 
Old 2000-09-18, 17:57
twiztd twiztd is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: magick type poem

fuck you z3m, you can state your opinion but don't down on us just because you think you are right. And just in case you decide to care I Have been readin about Magick almost as long as i have been able to read. Just so you know wicca is a form of female magick, and That does indeed involve casting spells. Some forms of pagans are witches and mages and such, including the celtics. Who warship the horned god. on't tell me i don't know what i am talking about, you are obviously the only one who doesn't like what i put up there.

 #17 
Old 2000-09-18, 19:04
Melissa Melissa is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: magick type poem

quote:
So, busy bee, prove it.


You've already done that for me, dear.

Rudeness and derisiveness towards other belief systems is nearly always a sign of immaturity.

B*Bzzz
-M http://www.bbzzz.com

[This message has been edited by Melissa (edited 09-18-2000).]
 #18 
Old 2000-09-19, 04:11
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: magick type poem

Another wiccan tactic: Avoid direct questions and/or challenges that require any statement of fact.

Twiz, that's fine and dandy but then you should know who coined the term "magick" and what he described it as. You, like many others, have taken the term's meaning, as first apparent, and applied it to areas where it was not intended. You are simply restating an error made by someone else. I wouldn't expect you to know this unless you were well versed in Crowley's work so that's why I felt like pointing it out. Take a chill pill.

Being shown your wrong turns isn't a bad thing. Everyone takes it so personally. Sheesh!


quote:
Rudeness and derisiveness towards other belief systems


Why do I take people seriously when their language contains SERIOUS flaws in logic like this one?
 #19 
Old 2000-09-20, 18:48
Melissa Melissa is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: magick type poem

quote:
Why do I take people seriously when their language contains SERIOUS flaws in logic like this one?


Hm. Seems rather apparent to me that your writing gives all the appearances of rudeness and derisiveness.

Try courtesy, even when you disagree. You'll get much farther. Also try and not to raise hackles by attacking an entire group based on generalizations - it's a more mature tactic and ultimately will gain you more respect than strutting about.

B*Bzzz
-M http://www.bbzzz.com
 #20 
Old 2000-09-21, 00:53
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: magick type poem

I'm not interested in respect of those who I don't feel in kind.

Besides, you've still left my question unanswered. This leads me, and those silent here, to believe you have no basis of fact.

I'll wait.
 #21 
Old 2000-09-21, 04:47
twiztd twiztd is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: magick type poem

Z3 this is what I am trying to say. I could give a fuck who coined the term magick. What i beleive is what i believe, this is my way and you can't talk me out of it. You live beiliving your fairytale just as i Live believing mine. So Strike me, that I Was in your own eyes wrong.
 #22 
Old 2000-09-21, 08:12
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: magick type poem

You're wrong from an objective, historical standpoint, silly goose.

And what good is a language when people, like you, give up and stop using it properly? It's role is to allow us to use common symbols(ie words) to communicate our otherwise nontransmissable thoughts to one another. When you use words incorrectly, your point is not made and you either mislead those listening or upset those trying to understand you.

I don't care what your individual faith is. Do what you will and suchness, but when you start claiming that magic, as defined, is real - just as claiming elephants can fly - people will scoff and ask for proof. If and when you cannot provide that proof, those people will consider you a fool. That's life. Get used to it.
 #23 
Old 2000-09-21, 22:49
Evil_Mastermind Evil_Mastermind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: magick type poem

i often find i use language better incorrectly. or too correctly. whichever. either way my point gets across more often than never. Ling.
 #24 
Old 2000-09-21, 22:57
Eldritch Eldritch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: magick type poem

Skyclad rituals. Now that's cool...
 #25 
Old 2000-09-22, 04:41
Melissa Melissa is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: magick type poem

quote:
I'll wait.


That's nice. Call it another Wiccan plot, but I have no intention of allowing you to manipulate me into going into a defensive position.

Wicca is my religion in which I am a priestess and elder in my tradition. No one is asking you to believe it or subscribe.

What I AM asking is for a modicum of courtesy. If your default stance is ridicule than you have a hell of a closed mind.

If you're hear to discuss varying philosophies and beliefs from a Pagan standpoint, welcome. If your only reason for being here is to act as a troll, then accept the consequences.

B*Bzzz
-M
http://www.bbzzz.com
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics