About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God For discussing any and all religious viewpoints. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Keeping your sense of humor is required. Posting messages about theological paradoxes is encouraged.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2003-02-02, 06:56
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default What does the bible say about sex?

The other week in a "christian" chatroom I was involved in a agrument whetever or not it is okay according to the bible to have premartial oral sex.

From my understanding the bible doesn't speficially comment on oral sex, just premarital sexual intercourse (man sticking penis into women's vagina).

Someone then said and I paraphrase "you cannot lust after anyone." WOW is that true? Therefore a wet dream would be a sin according to the bible?

Would premartial french kissing be wrong according to the bible? espically if it left you with a hard on afterwards?

And finally when did all this "born again" shit start and who started it? I don't recall the being "born again" trend to be big until the mid to late nineties.
 #2 
Old 2003-02-02, 12:32
Regular
 
Taunton, Somerset, UK
Default Re: What does the bible say about sex?

who cares???!
 #3 
Old 2003-02-02, 18:11
Regular
 
Default Re: What does the bible say about sex?

quote:
Originally posted by I Love Poop:
Someone then said and I paraphrase "you cannot lust after anyone." WOW is that true? Therefore a wet dream would be a sin according to the bible?

Well you can always masterbate every day while looking at the wall. That should stop the wet dream lust problem.

quote:
Would premarital french kissing be wrong according to the bible? especially if it left you with a hard on afterwards?

Is it wrong to lust against your wife?

The thing is, every Christian interprets the bible differently. Whether their view is right or wrong. Ignorance is a sin according to Christianity. Therfor every Christian that interprets anything wrong in the bible is bound to hell.
 #4 
Old 2003-02-02, 18:28
Dr.Murdok Dr.Murdok is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What does the bible say about sex?

read the book leviticus it has i think from lev15-26 all the sexual offenses and punishments(all are death depending on how)
all forms of casual sex are band including gay & lesbian sex is only for reproduction and that's that and sex with an family member of anykind is also an offens intentions of sex also results to death that's why the taliban isreali's have so many public exicutions because they still work on these laws you think they do it for the fun the do it because the bible says so and the koran also contains leviticus
 #5 
Old 2003-02-02, 18:46
Regular
 
Monkey Island
Default Re: What does the bible say about sex?

Depends on where you look:
Most christianity hates sex, sex is evil, contraception is evil, masturbation is evil, etc.
In something like judism sex is a good thing.
 #6 
Old 2003-02-02, 19:28
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What does the bible say about sex?

quote:
Originally posted by Lewneedsrs:
who cares???!


Obviously Poop cares and he explained why he wanted to know. What's YOUR problem?

BTW I don't know the answer either.

Nox
 #7 
Old 2003-02-02, 20:10
Regular
 
somewhere up there
Default Re: What does the bible say about sex?

quote:
Originally posted by I Love Poop:
From my understanding the bible doesn't speficially comment on oral sex, just premarital sexual intercourse (man sticking penis into women's vagina).


I'm pretty sure oral sex counts as sex. Nowadays, teens try not to think about it that way so it's easier on their conscience when they suck dick.
 #8 
Old 2003-02-02, 20:36
AceFlyer AceFlyer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What does the bible say about sex?

oh I think they DO tend to think about it that way, so they can say to themselves "yeah i just had sex" when all they did is eat some girl out or something
 #9 
Old 2003-02-02, 21:17
weedman1234 weedman1234 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What does the bible say about sex?

In tghe bible it says that oral or anal sex is bad because god wanted them to just have sex in the vagina so oral or anal sex is bad even if you are married.


 #10 
Old 2003-02-02, 22:37
Regular
 
Default Re: What does the bible say about sex?

quote:
Originally posted by just.landed:

I'm pretty sure oral sex counts as sex. Nowadays, teens try not to think about it that way so it's easier on their conscience when they suck dick.


...thanks to one of our recent leaders; espousing the newly created distinction between the two, on national TV, and under oath. Obviously, the new standard is one -that qualifies each orifice, according to it's primary intended use.

Just the same, I can't recommend using the Bible as a guide either. It is more concerned with propogation, and prohibits all else - except that which brings conception (another system that makes orific judgement, lol).

I'm glad to see you post in this forum, but I have to wonder what a dude named "I Love Poop", is really asking here.

 #11 
Old 2003-02-02, 23:05
artzy1989 artzy1989 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What does the bible say about sex?

doesn't christianity say that if ur not a vergin (if u have sex before marriege)your evil? but it also says that God foregives and foregets so maybe your not so evil after wards. by christianity of course.
 #12 
Old 2003-02-03, 00:20
Regular
 
somewhere up there
Default Re: What does the bible say about sex?

quote:
Originally posted by artzy1989:
doesn't christianity say that if ur not a vergin (if u have sex before marriege)your evil? but it also says that God foregives and foregets so maybe your not so evil after wards. by christianity of course.


It's called fornication, and yes Christians tend to frown upon it. With respect to God forgiving and forgetting, you have to repent first and try honestly to change. No use doing shit again and again and thinking you can just ask for forgiveness and then proceeding to continue with your 'wicked' ways.
 #13 
Old 2003-02-03, 05:59
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What does the bible say about sex?

Okay so what is all of your viewpoints on the "born again" trend?

I honestly don't recall this being coming out in front of the spot light until the mid to late nineties.

Who started it?
To what purpose?

If you are not "born again" you will automatically get a first class ticket to hell?
 #14 
Old 2003-02-03, 06:55
Regular
 
the happy land of australia
Default Re: What does the bible say about sex?

christianity is fairly anti-pleasure. pleasure is sinful.

i hate born agains. theyre as up themselves as normal religious people, but they also insist on telling you everything about their religion repeatedly until you start swearing at them.

maybe there was no born agains 20 or 30 years ago because american society was so strongly religious that there was no way any opposing view could be heard, making born agains non-existant. just a thought.
 #15 
Old 2003-02-03, 09:39
Moderator
 
Wasilla, Alaska
Default Re: What does the bible say about sex?

My guess--born again folks are on sort of an ego trip--I am more Xian than thou, and so on. But bible and sex--lemme see--okay, there was Onan, and Jonah, Song of Solomon, the sonnets to the Dark Lady (oops, that's Shakespeare, got my fiction confused there), and Mary Mag. There must be more--Mark Twain said the bible contains "a wealth of obscenity, and upwards of a thousand lies," but I can't think of anything else offhand--then again, there is the part about under what circumstances one may sell one's daughter into slavery, which would probably involve sex at some point.
 #16 
Old 2003-02-05, 00:56
artzy1989 artzy1989 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What does the bible say about sex?

How can u be born again?
 #17 
Old 2003-02-05, 03:12
NewRage NewRage is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What does the bible say about sex?

quote:
Originally posted by I Love Poop:

Someone then said and I paraphrase "you cannot lust after anyone." WOW is that true? Therefore a wet dream would be a sin according to the bible?



I went to a Catholic school from kingdergarten (sp?) through 4th, and then again in 8th (cause my mom was made that I dun believe in god anymore) and in eigth grade our religion book said that masturbation was sin. It said that it was a form of self-mutilation, and so it was considered a sin to do it...
Hence, one more reason I dun believe in the bible...

/\/e\/\/R/\ge
 #18 
Old 2003-02-05, 06:12
Regular
 
Monkey Island
Default Re: What does the bible say about sex?

quote:
Originally posted by NewRage:
I went to a Catholic school from kingdergarten (sp?) through 4th, and then again in 8th (cause my mom was made that I dun believe in god anymore) and in eigth grade our religion book said that masturbation was sin. It said that it was a form of self-mutilation, and so it was considered a sin to do it...
Hence, one more reason I dun believe in the bible...



The reason they say masturbation is wrong isnt even a reason. Its wrong because when one guy married his sister in law (he was forced)he refused to cum inside her and instead came on the ground, and god killed him. So they misinterpreted that as masturbation.
 #19 
Old 2003-02-05, 15:45
Regular
 
NJ
Default Re: What does the bible say about sex?

Onanism is the wasting of seed... Masturbation is wasting your seed. I dont see the confusion or contradiction.


 #20 
Old 2003-02-06, 03:09
Regular
 
Monkey Island
Default Re: What does the bible say about sex?

quote:
Originally posted by Spirit of '22:
Onanism is the wasting of seed... Masturbation is wasting your seed. I dont see the confusion or contradiction.


I think it was intended to be more of an insult "id rather go on the ground than sleep with you". I can see the guys position, I wouldnt want to sleep with my sister in law either... thats just nasty, sleeping wih your brothers wife cause hes dead. I dont understand god killing him though.
 #21 
Old 2003-02-06, 04:18
Regular
 
overlooking the lunatic fringe
Default Re: What does the bible say about sex?

Bible sez, procreation good - sex bad.
 #22 
Old 2003-02-07, 04:51
Regular
 
Monkey Island
Default Re: What does the bible say about sex?

quote:
Originally posted by mizled:
Bible sez, procreation good - sex bad.


no it doesnt, thats just the general christian view.
 #23 
Old 2003-02-07, 08:13
Regular
 
OZ
Default Re: What does the bible say about sex?

quote:
Originally posted by artzy1989:
How can u be born again?


1 Peter 1: 23
having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever.
New King James Version. ?

New Living Translation: 1 Peter 1:23
For you have been born again. Your new life did not come from your earthly parents because the life they gave you will end in death. But this new life will last forever because it comes from the eternal, living word of God.

Amplifed Bible: 1 Peter 1
23
You have been regenerated (born again), not from a mortal origin ( seed, sperm), but from one that is immortal by the ever living and lasting Word of God.


 #24 
Old 2003-02-07, 15:33
Chaos_Inc Chaos_Inc is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What does the bible say about sex?

quote:
Originally posted by Spirit of '22:
Onanism is the wasting of seed... Masturbation is wasting your seed. I dont see the confusion or contradiction.





What about nocturnal emissions? There isn't usually a conscious effort behind these. It reportedly also happens to celibate men. Wouldn�t this category include priests?

So one can go to hell for having an impure dream?

Everyone here who can control their dreams raise your hands...


Chaos, Inc.
 #25 
Old 2003-02-09, 05:49
artzy1989 artzy1989 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What does the bible say about sex?

christianity says the more the marier so how can your become more if you don't masterbute? What is really a devoted christian? can there be one that is happy? If your not aloud to have sex then how else can u have children? wait, then christians can say that they could have children like marry did. hmmmmm... but how do we know she didn;t cheat her husband with other then God. Now things are getting complicated. oh, don'tcha just wish there were blood tests back then?
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics