|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God For discussing any and all religious viewpoints. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Keeping your sense of humor is required. Posting messages about theological paradoxes is encouraged. |
 |
|
#1
 2003-01-30, 23:37
|
Baez 
Regular
|
|
|
|
article I found
Remmember that guy "nuh" who was askin about usernames etc in the NETWORK SECURITY & HACKING forum?
In his aim profile their was a link to an article written by him about existance of god, just thought its interesting, here: http://www33.brinkster.com/existenceofgod/main.htm
|
|
#2
 2003-01-31, 05:50
|
SomeEverydayNobody 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: article I found
quote: Is it reasonable to believe that chance was powerful enough to create the universe, stars, planets, human beings, and life itself? Anything that begins to exist has a cause for its existence. Nothing comes into being on its own. The universe, and life began to exist, and therefore, they have a cause for their existence. The cause for this existence is "chance"? Very powerful chance? Amazingly powerful chance? Unbelievably powerful chance, in other words - illogical.
Well, Earth was not the first planet in the universe, so if earth was the first to have life [which I doubt but...] it'd be more of a 1 in a few hundred billion chance, that one planet turn out great. And even if it wasnt the odds will probably be pretty low for planets that can sustain some intelligent life. quote: Evidence of design points to a designer. If you ask an atheist (nonbeliever) about his reason for rejection of the existence of God, a very common answer is "the same reason why I do not believe in tooth fairy". This is a completely absurd comparison and only shows the nonbeliever's inability to answer the question reasonably.
I very rarly hear such dumb answers. quote: Another common answer is "Because I don't see God.". You might not see viruses, but you certainly do see the effects of them. You don't see God? You see the creation. Look around, how creation and the elements of life are so complex but work together in such harmony. Just as it might take a microscope to see bacteria or viruses, it takes intelligence and/or reason to recognize God.
Viruses CAN be seen. If I want to I can look at a virus under a microscope. God CANNOT and WILL NOT be seen, as well he will NEVER have ANY proof of his existance. And saying, 'Well, if God created everything, and you can see everything, then God must exist right!?' is circular logic. Believing God created everything, requires believing in God, so saying this to someone who doesn't believe in God is pointless. [duh!] Just pointing out some of the first bits. [*all!*] Doesnt seem that great to me.
|
|
#3
 2003-01-31, 07:21
|
Iscariot 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: article I found
Been said.
|
|
#4
 2003-02-01, 04:16
|
hapi 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: article I found
i liek it, its diff from other sites that explain existance of god, especially this 1 doesnt keep saying "look how beautiful life is so theres a god" he analises and stuff
|
|
#5
 2003-02-02, 05:10
|
hapi 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: article I found
blehhhhhh
|
|
#6
 2003-02-02, 08:18
|
|
Regular
|
|
Mission Viejo CA USA
|
|
Re: article I found
its the same as the rest, no biggie.
SJ
|
|
#7
 2003-02-04, 00:02
|
hapi 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: article I found
aite
|
|
#8
 2003-02-04, 00:42
|
|
|
Re: article I found
quote: Originally posted by hapi: aite
The proper spelling is "aight" I just bombarded him with a bunch of stuff about predetermination in an email. I think i'll post his response in a little while...
|
|
#9
 2003-02-05, 00:09
|
hapi 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: article I found
quote: Originally posted by JamesTheGod: [QUOTE]Originally posted by hapi: [b]aite
The proper spelling is "aight" [/B][/QUOTE] no its "alright"
|
|
#10
 2003-02-05, 03:27
|
NewRage 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: article I found
All evidence I ever hear always seems to be circumstantial (sp?). If you believe in God (I'll cap for the sake of all believers) then it makes sense, if not, then it just sounds stupid. My girlfriend for example is deadset on the fact that the Bible is God's word, so everything in it is true, and if its not there, then it never happens. One reason we always get in arguments is because it never mentions cavemen in the Bible. She claims that cavemen dun exsist, despite fossils, paintings, artifacts and a bunch of other shit. I know most people on Totse aren't like this though... All the evidence sounds like opinion to me. And my opinion is that the sound of an all-knowing, all-controlings, all-seeing, immortal being, that has always and will always be here, yet will never be seen just seems stupid to me... Some points are also redundant. He is omnipitent (sp?). So He controls everything, including what I do, so if I go to hell it is because he dun like me. But you say it is my free will that sends me to hell, so therefore He can't be omnipitent. quote: If god gave us all "freewill" then why would he only give us one option: worship him or go to hell? Pretty sadistic don't you think?
As for life getting started, like said before there are billions of other galaxies each with millions of planets, in our universe. Out of all the planets even with one in a trillion odds, that would still produce a couple of planets with life. /\/e\/\/R/\ge [This message has been edited by NewRage (edited 02-05-2003).]
|
|
#11
 2003-02-06, 02:22
|
hapi 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: article I found
aite
|
|
#12
 2003-02-09, 19:27
|
hapi 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: article I found
aight*
|
|
#13
 2003-02-09, 22:28
|
MrEricSir 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: article I found
quote: Is it reasonable to believe that chance was powerful enough to create the universe, stars, planets, human beings, and life itself? Anything that begins to exist has a cause for its existence. Nothing comes into being on its own. The universe, and life began to exist, and therefore, they have a cause for their existence. The cause for this existence is "chance"? Very powerful chance? Amazingly powerful chance? Unbelievably powerful chance, in other words - illogical.
This entire paragraph is just one giant example of bad logic, obviously written by someone who believes in creationism yet doesn't understand probability. It's not illogical for something with a one in six million chance to occur. For example, if you play the state lottery, everyone has a chance of about one in six million of winning. Yet in spite of this, someone wins almost every single time. Likewise, the universe is very large, but the only example of life we know about occured right here. Does that make us special? Of course! But that's because we're very self-absorbed. If one is going to argue that the chance of evolution creating humans is so low, one has to provide good evidence that the chance of an omnipotent being created the universe outweights those odds. Until I see this evidence, I'm betting on evolution.
|
|
#14
 2003-02-10, 02:53
|
hapi 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: article I found
im an athiest but i don see evidence of evolution eather
wherd the 1st living cell come from n shit
|
|
#15
 2003-02-11, 01:57
|
SomeEverydayNobody 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: article I found
quote: Originally posted by hapi: im an athiest but i don see evidence of evolution eather
wherd the 1st living cell come from n shit
How the hell are we supposed to know? Ever heard of misquitos becomming immuned to pesticides, and passing such an immunity onto their offspring? Theres an example of evolution.....
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|