|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God For discussing any and all religious viewpoints. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Keeping your sense of humor is required. Posting messages about theological paradoxes is encouraged. |
 |
|
#1
 2002-12-18, 03:03
|
phead2121 
Regular
|
|
|
|
I have one question and one question only...
Now before you read my question, dont get me wrong, I'm a FIRM believer in god. Not religion but i do believe there is a god who created all that is known. now that that is out of the way here is my question....how in the land of popcorn fuck was God created?
|
|
#2
 2002-12-18, 04:00
|
ytrewq 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I have one question and one question only...
For god to have created the universe, he must exist outside of it. Time itself is a property of our universe. If god is outside our universe he is not bound by the time of our universe. He would not necessarily need to have a beginning or an end.
|
|
#3
 2002-12-18, 04:41
|
|
|
Re: I have one question and one question only...
And as a result, The existence and nature of God cannot be ascertained through human science and logic.
|
|
#4
 2002-12-18, 08:37
|
ytrewq 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I have one question and one question only...
quote: Originally posted by TigerJK: And as a result, The existence and nature of God cannot be ascertained through human science and logic.
You are correct. Unfortunately, we have no evidence that points to the existance of a god. All we have are stories that have been carried down generation by generation. Is this enough to believe in something? For some it is, for some it isn't.
|
|
#5
 2002-12-18, 18:41
|
artzy1989 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I have one question and one question only...
I don't just think that G-d exists I know it. I don't follow all the rules couse I think that religion is personal(its a long story) and I wouldn't believe in a made up fairytale. If your truly believe in your religion then thats what the true religion for you is. If you were born christian thats hat you should be unless you truly believe its wrong. But I think that to have no religion isn't the best way to go. Thats only my opinion and if you don't believe it you don't have to.
|
|
#6
 2002-12-19, 00:06
|
|
|
Re: I have one question and one question only...
God was not created. He always was, if you take the bible literally. If you take my thought into accout (that god is mearly a 9th dimensional being) then there would be a whole race of "gods". I mainly thought up the theory as a reason for why god doesn't seem to be around anymore (hence: dead).
|
|
#7
 2002-12-19, 00:54
|
|
|
Re: I have one question and one question only...
Personally, I think that God was created.
|
|
#8
 2002-12-19, 01:33
|
kingenrage 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I have one question and one question only...
mutated something cannot be created out of the fucking blue. Maybe god was te first stage of creating of everything.
but the question : who created god? generates more confusion then: Whats after the universe?
so belive in him or not... dont question yourself on his origins.
|
|
#9
 2002-12-19, 01:50
|
Bogey Man 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I have one question and one question only...
The God you all describe doesn't seem to be a god at all. An unthinking concept, formula, system, reason... etc. but not a god.
|
|
#10
 2002-12-19, 01:59
|
Bogey Man 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I have one question and one question only...
Also... concerning what I just said...
What is the origin of any idea? Even if it has just been discovered, it has always been applicable.
|
|
#11
 2002-12-19, 02:12
|
wolfhound 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I have one question and one question only...
It's importan to keep in mind that just b/c you don't undertand it, doesn't mean it's wrong. Like I said before, 8 x 8 = 64 was true before you understood it.
|
|
#12
 2002-12-19, 02:19
|
phead2121 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I have one question and one question only...
here are some things i will never be able to comprehend. the feeling of not existing, and something existing without being created. there is so much shit out there we can not EVEN begin to comprehend. Ever wonder hwo big the universe is? ever wonder how big infinity is? is hard not to have limits...ugh oh well
|
|
#13
 2002-12-19, 02:30
|
Bogey Man 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I have one question and one question only...
quote: Originally posted by wolfhound: It's importan to keep in mind that just b/c you don't undertand it, doesn't mean it's wrong.
If this was in response to me... I never said it was wrong, though I think very much so that it is. quote: Like I said before, 8 x 8 = 64 was true before you understood it.
I agree, that is what I meant by "What is the origin of any idea? Even if it has just been discovered, it has always been applicable."
|
|
#14
 2002-12-19, 02:49
|
|
|
Re: I have one question and one question only...
if god isn't bound by time then why did it take him 7 days to create the world?
|
|
#15
 2002-12-19, 03:02
|
hapkido master 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I have one question and one question only...
Who sais you all know everything about hte fucking laws of the universe? Who knows ift here is anything outside of it or if there are even more than one universe? How cn you just say god is outside the universe when we can't prove thats possible, and that no rules apply to him? Hah, not bound by time but 7 days to creat eEarth, that was good 
|
|
#16
 2002-12-19, 03:04
|
hapkido master 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I have one question and one question only...
To the idiot who said who knows how big infinity is it is IMMEASURABLE hence the name -- thee are books written on the comprehension of that try "Infinity and the mind" by george something - or - other. You can't break it down to simple terms but one day it just clicks in with research.
|
|
#17
 2002-12-19, 08:54
|
|
|
Re: I have one question and one question only...
quote: Originally posted by kingenrage: but the question : who created god?
Man created God.
|
|
#18
 2002-12-19, 17:13
|
kingenrage 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I have one question and one question only...
no he gave a deffinition to him.
|
|
#19
 2002-12-19, 21:47
|
|
|
Re: I have one question and one question only...
quote: Originally posted by kingenrage: no he gave a deffinition to him.
Interesting. Are you saying that before man started making up stories, God was undefined?
|
|
#20
 2002-12-19, 21:56
|
artzy1989 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I have one question and one question only...
tiger: are you romen by any chance? I read somewhere that romens believe that man created G-d. hmmmmm... Interesting.
|
|
#21
 2002-12-19, 22:19
|
Pr0x1mo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I have one question and one question only...
If you believe in the theory of a oscillating universe, then you would know that the universe being here is just a paradox in time. It just expands and contracts (the breathing of the creator) and before the big bang there was anitmatter, and before that it was just pure waves of energy. And before that was thought (the thought of the creator) and that sparked the explosion of the big bang to breath out, and then to inhale. (this is all thoery, but it explains a lot on the pardoxical time of the universe)
|
|
#22
 2002-12-20, 01:47
|
ytrewq 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I have one question and one question only...
quote: Originally posted by Haddock: if god isn't bound by time then why did it take him 7 days to create the world?
Maybe it took 7 days of our time. As in how long it took from our perspective within the universe. Trying to count how long it took from outside the universe is pointless because time is a property of our universe.
|
|
#23
 2002-12-20, 03:08
|
TreyDay 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I have one question and one question only...
quote: Originally posted by Haddock: if god isn't bound by time then why did it take him 7 days to create the world?
He can take his time because he isn't bound by time. And really, it was 6 days, cuz he rested on the 7th day. Maybe He likes to take his time; I mean, back then, he had all the time in the universe to create. What would be the rush?
|
|
#24
 2002-12-20, 03:40
|
wolfhound 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I have one question and one question only...
My first response was just a general one to the question. And just b/c something is done a certain way it does not mean that it's the only way it can be done. It could be done in a certain way for a purpose.
|
|
#25
 2002-12-20, 04:24
|
abstractAffect 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I have one question and one question only...
God = Anti-matter.
There you have it.
|
|
#26
 2002-12-20, 10:57
|
|
|
Re: I have one question and one question only...
quote: Originally posted by artzy1989: tiger: are you romen by any chance? I read somewhere that romens believe that man created G-d. hmmmmm... Interesting.
Er... no, I'm Korean... What's a romen? Maybe I've read too much Pratchett, but my opinions are heavily leaning to an anthropomorphical god.
|
|
#27
 2002-12-21, 22:25
|
artzy1989 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I have one question and one question only...
You know Rome? Well, then the ppl in Rome who were Romen. The Romens made the first Olimpices. Their really into the human body. Their into Beuty and Culture. So what religion are you? Are you an Athiest?
|
|
#28
 2002-12-24, 15:49
|
phead2121 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I have one question and one question only...
I think he was criticizing your spelling, its "roman" not "romen"
|
|
#29
 2002-12-25, 00:58
|
|
|
Re: I have one question and one question only...
quote: Originally posted by phead2121: Now before you read my question, dont get me wrong, I'm a FIRM believer in god. Not religion but i do believe there is a god who created all that is known. now that that is out of the way here is my question....how in the land of popcorn fuck was God created?
You've run into infinite regresion my friend. What created God? What created that? and so on and so forth. To get around this, theists propose an arbitrary redundant God that just happened to exist rather than not. It's a non-answer though. It basically says "stop thinking". It takes one unknown (the origin of the universe) and attributes it to a greater unknown (God), thus failing to answer the original question of how anything came to be. If they are going to posit things that just happen to arbitrarily exist, why not just cut out the middileman like >>>this<<<? It makes as much sense after all.
|
|
#30
 2002-12-29, 11:24
|
Evolved 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I have one question and one question only...
quote: Originally posted by ytrewq: All we have are stories that have been carried down generation by generation. Is this enough to believe in something? For some it is, for some it isn't.
To me it's like how people believed the Earth was flat. There wasn't any real evidence, it's just how people were raised. If you were raised to worship worms, you would find it hard to question your faith. But it seems silly when you haven't been raised this way.
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|