About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God For discussing any and all religious viewpoints. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Keeping your sense of humor is required. Posting messages about theological paradoxes is encouraged.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-11, 01:56
Regular
 
Default prayer

I'm an atheist (as i've stated many times before) and a lot of christians will tell you to 'pray to god for the answers'. So I want any religious people here to tell me of times when they've prayed and god actually answered them in whatever way it may be.

This may seem like another dumb post by a godless atheist but i'm tired and bored and it'll be interesting to see what people come out with.
 #2 
Old 2002-12-11, 02:04
TribalMunkey TribalMunkey is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: prayer

I've known quite a few people who actually have turned to a radom page/verse in the bible and found an answer. And yes I've actually seen this done, not that it should be suprising since everyone knows you can get all sorts of weird things outta that book.

As for prayer, when I used to try stuff like that it would some how put everything into a different perspective. My problems would become a lot smaller and more insignificant. My beliefs now really kind of out date that tho, becuase I really don't care what happens anymore...
 #3 
Old 2002-12-11, 02:17
MR.SMITH MR.SMITH is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: prayer

Im agnostic, and maybe this was by total chance, or someone was fucking with me. When i was 13, i thought to myself, gods not real, if he was real he could turn my TV and stereo off. They both went off instantly. I thought "wow what a wierd coincidence", so i thought to myself, if god is so real he could just turn my TV back on. Right after that, just my tv came back on. I ran upstairs because that scared the shit out of me, and when i came back they were both on again. True story, and I dont know if that counts as a prayer, but it happened.
 #4 
Old 2002-12-11, 02:24
Regular
 
Monkey Island
Default Re: prayer

The bible may help you, it may not. Its only a book. you could open a book with poems in it and it could help.
 #5 
Old 2002-12-11, 09:40
Regular
 
NJ
Default Re: prayer

Prayer gives me answers.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics