About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God For discussing any and all religious viewpoints. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Keeping your sense of humor is required. Posting messages about theological paradoxes is encouraged.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-08, 14:40
realeyesrealize realeyesrealize is offline
Regular
 
Default Your religion?

How do you know that your religion is your religion? Maybe you have been brainwashed. I think that too many people let others tell them what to think. I consider myself to be religious, yet I don't go to church because I don't need anyone to tell me what to think. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with going to church, but if you do go then make sure to form you own opinions. I believe that there are a lot of preachers who have their own agendas. So the question is: Are your beliefs yours, or those of someone who is brainwashing you?
 #2 
Old 2002-12-08, 15:03
MagusWarlock MagusWarlock is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Your religion?

Your religion is whatever you make of it.

Organised Religion itself is a brainwashing tool set into motion with the first 'religious leaders' after the main prophets (I doubt Jesus envisioned gatherings of people led by old sodomising priests worshipping his own ass dead on a cross.)

It is important to form your own ideas about whatever you believe, and Church is a perfect example of lazy people who really DON'T care, as long as they know they're gonna goto heaven.

Even though they don't know, but that's not the point here.

The point is, Christianity is the ULTIMATE follower religion that looks down apon thinking for yourself.

What you say means you contradict yourself.

HOYOYO, I convert thee to bullshit.

Magus
 #3 
Old 2002-12-08, 19:33
realeyesrealize realeyesrealize is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Your religion?

How did I contradict myself?
 #4 
Old 2002-12-08, 23:06
MagusWarlock MagusWarlock is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Your religion?

I was assuming you're Christian.

If you're Christian, it's contradicting your own religion to think for yourself

 #5 
Old 2002-12-08, 23:08
MagusWarlock MagusWarlock is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Your religion?

I was assuming you're a Christian.

If you are a Christian, then thinking for yourself is contradicting your own faith, a faith which looks down apon thinking whatsever. (Otherwise it would have collapsed in on itself from the mass of so much BULLSHIT)
 #6 
Old 2002-12-08, 23:51
realeyesrealize realeyesrealize is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Your religion?

I didn't say I was Christian. I don't feel that I have to group myself in with anyone.
 #7 
Old 2002-12-12, 23:11
artzy1989 artzy1989 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Your religion?

First of all you have a brain and with that you may hear crap but not get "brainwashed". If you want to go to church go but don't think that someone can brainwash u in a snap of a finger.
 #8 
Old 2002-12-13, 20:36
realeyesrealize realeyesrealize is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Your religion?

I never said someone can brainwash you in the snap of a finger. However, if you let someone else tell you what a book says then is that your opinion of the book or theirs? How many people never read a bible, but let the preacher tell them what it says? Get my point?
 #9 
Old 2002-12-16, 22:36
artzy1989 artzy1989 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Your religion?

I never read the bible. I have read the Tora (which is what the bible comes from).
 #10 
Old 2002-12-17, 02:06
TreyDay TreyDay is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Your religion?

quote:
Originally posted by realeyesrealize:
How do you know that your religion is your religion? Maybe you have been brainwashed. I think that too many people let others tell them what to think. I consider myself to be religious, yet I don't go to church because I don't need anyone to tell me what to think. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with going to church, but if you do go then make sure to form you own opinions. I believe that there are a lot of preachers who have their own agendas. So the question is: Are your beliefs yours, or those of someone who is brainwashing you?


You don't HAVE to go to church, but unless you plan on studying the Bible on your own, or find some other way to give your tithes, or other stuff like that...

You know thinking for yourself if ENCOURAGED in Christianity. It's just that many people are lazy and would rather take someone else's word for it. But when you're in a congregation, the pastor usually tells you were he reads from and what he thinks it means.
There are Bible study meetings for a reason. It's an open discussion enviroment for people to discuss a certain passage. But of course, you knew that already, right?
 #11 
Old 2002-12-17, 03:23
Regular
 
Mission Viejo CA USA
Default Re: Your religion?

my religion is not the one my parents chose for me. it is one i have thought out, one that i feel most comfortable in. it might not be right, it might be, but it makes the most sense to me at the moment.

Atheism
 #12 
Old 2002-12-17, 04:51
midas_the_happy_canadian midas_the_happy_canadian is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Your religion?

Roman Catholic

--- ---
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics