About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God For discussing any and all religious viewpoints. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Keeping your sense of humor is required. Posting messages about theological paradoxes is encouraged.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-02, 19:44
BaalBigor BaalBigor is offline
Regular
 
Default Agnosticsm

One simple question:Wtf is agnosticism?
 #2 
Old 2002-12-02, 19:51
Bogey Man Bogey Man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Agnosticsm

Consult your local dictionary.
 #3 
Old 2002-12-02, 20:13
MR.SMITH MR.SMITH is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Agnosticsm

This is the belief that no one can know wether or not a diety, or divine spirit exists. I am agnostic, I dont think anyone can know, and I think people create their own gods, out of superstition and generations of believing. Its basically the attitude, "Who knows, so stop fucking worrying about it." Hope that answers your question. Bogey Man, why do you have to be such a cynic?
 #4 
Old 2002-12-02, 20:19
NukeChild NukeChild is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Agnosticsm

I thought it was the belief that something higher existed, you just didn't know what it was and were also probably resigned to never knowing.
 #5 
Old 2002-12-02, 23:07
Moderator
 
toronto
Default Re: Agnosticsm

I think both definitions are reconcilable.
 #6 
Old 2002-12-02, 23:09
Bogey Man Bogey Man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Agnosticsm

He didn't ask a question or propose an idea about agnosticism. He simply asked for a definition, easily supplied by a dictionary.
That is why.
 #7 
Old 2002-12-04, 21:22
Regular
 
Default Re: Agnosticsm

Bogey has a point, in that he assumes whatever-the-fuck-his-name-is has a working computer and internet connection.

NukeChild's definition is closer to the mark.
 #8 
Old 2002-12-05, 21:59
AnTi-YoU AnTi-YoU is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Agnosticsm

I consider myself agnostic... The only thing is that I believe there probably is a "god" somewhere out there, but don't know what to do about it. I dont have a religion and I just want to know how far off I am from the true meaning of agnosticism. What am I? (kinda sounds funny)
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics