About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God For discussing any and all religious viewpoints. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Keeping your sense of humor is required. Posting messages about theological paradoxes is encouraged.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-11-14, 22:37
mysterychick mysterychick is offline
Regular
 
Default Baptism for the dead?

I have been researching all about this topic,I know most of you think that it is apsolute bulshit and if thats your opinion thats fine but it has really got me intrested
does anyone here know anything about this topic if you know any info it would be GREATLY APPREICATED!

mysterychick

 #2 
Old 2002-11-14, 22:59
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Baptism for the dead?

The Catholic Church believes it. Yes, you know the Catholic Church. The same Catholic Church that sold indulgences (You remember Martin Luther et al). The same Catholic Church that declared that the Jews didn't kill Jesus (early 60's). The same Catholic Church that ... (the list goes on).

Nox
 #3 
Old 2002-11-14, 23:25
Regular
 
Default Re: Baptism for the dead?

quote:
Originally posted by Nox:
The same Catholic Church that declared that the Jews didn't kill Jesus (early 60's).


What's the significance of this?

 #4 
Old 2002-11-14, 23:49
Bogey Man Bogey Man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Baptism for the dead?

It discredits Catholic dogma.
 #5 
Old 2002-11-15, 07:25
nz man nz man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Baptism for the dead?

Back to the point guys and anyway baptism of the dead doesnt do much cause their spirits have already gone to heaven or hell but I do know when Saint Paul died some people put a dead body on Paul's dead body at the bottom of the grave and the person came back to life so guess God travels though stuff and sometimes stays there like a perfume.
 #6 
Old 2002-11-15, 07:26
nz man nz man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Baptism for the dead?

I'm not fat I'm big boned!
 #7 
Old 2002-11-15, 08:15
nz man nz man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Baptism for the dead?

You sux mysteryskank!
 #8 
Old 2002-11-16, 06:02
Regular
 
Yami no tensai
Default Re: Baptism for the dead?

Where the fuck does this shit come from? Baptism for the dead is inherently counter and extrabiblical.
 #9 
Old 2002-11-16, 09:50
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Baptism for the dead?

I was not raised Catholic, but isn't the whole concept of 'Last Rites' centered around the topic?

Nox
 #10 
Old 2002-11-16, 10:07
Regular
 
Melbourne
Default Re: Baptism for the dead?

I was raised Catholic (but you people probably know more about it than I do).

I always thought last rites were for the elderly/dying, like a final Confession and Eucharist.

I think the debate about the baptism for the dead thing centres around the fact that a baby, if it dies before baptism, will not have been introduced to God, and so technically will not be a Christian.
Therefore the baby's soul might not get into heaven.

I can't remember the Catholic Church's official position on this, however. Sorry.

[This message has been edited by TigerJK (edited 11-16-2002).]
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics