About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God For discussing any and all religious viewpoints. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Keeping your sense of humor is required. Posting messages about theological paradoxes is encouraged.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-11-11, 06:58
nz man nz man is offline
Regular
 
Default Do moderators Mr Smith and NOX hate God.

From what I've seen Mr Smith just shuts people down for some reason and NOX just knocks down peoples belief in God and spiritual idea's. Your thoughts please. I'd like to hear from Mr Smith and NOX about this too.
 #2 
Old 2002-11-11, 09:28
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do moderators Mr Smith and NOX hate God.

I find it interesting that you think I hate God. If you are talking about the Christian God, I don't hate the Christian God...the Christian God doesn't exist. Christianity is a sham. Now for those who believe in Christianity (as I once did) hip hip hooray. I am happy for you...and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. I am happy for you, but I don't agree with you.

Getting back to the topic, I am (as I have stated multiple times) a deist. I believe that there is that which is greater than man. I believe there is a reason mankind exists. I believe that the energy from which mankind was created, didn't just happen. My problem is, I don't yet know how or why. I still search.

It is not now nor never has been my intent to convert or dissuade anyone from their religious persuation. I approach religion and religious beliefs objectively (I hope), and as I sit here and reflect, I cannot remember a time that I have made fun of anyone for anything they believe. Now if you want to call pointing out an inconsistency or an error in any religion as 'knocking down' then I guess I'm guilty as charged.

Nox
 #3 
Old 2002-11-11, 09:32
Regular
 
Melbourne
Default Re: Do moderators Mr Smith and NOX hate God.

From what I see, Nox is stating his viewpoint, just like anyone else.
The fact that his viewpoint is pretty strong, and backed up with a fair amount of research, is probably why he's so good at knocking down people's arguments.

Just my thoughts.

I haven't been here that long, so I don't know what Mr.Smith has been doing.

[This message has been edited by TigerJK (edited 11-11-2002).]
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics