About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God For discussing any and all religious viewpoints. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Keeping your sense of humor is required. Posting messages about theological paradoxes is encouraged.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-28, 22:30
ShadowFist ShadowFist is offline
Regular
 
Default A Life of no meaning

Well if there is no God, then that means life has no meaning and happned by pure coincidance. So that means if life has no meaning, then there should be no life. If you think about it, if you die, and are takin into TOTAL non-existance, what would it matter if life in our universe gos on? It would'nt beacuse your not around to see it anymore. So why not destory the world? What would it matter if we did? It would'nt. I don't know about any of you, but leading a meaning less life is just to fucked up for me, thats why i know there is a God, Christian or otherwise.

-ShadowFist
 #2 
Old 2002-10-28, 23:26
Bogey Man Bogey Man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Life of no meaning

Someday I will have kids.
 #3 
Old 2002-10-28, 23:34
Dion Dion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Life of no meaning

quote:
Well if there is no God, then that means life has no meaning and happened by pure coincidance


As they say, anything can happen. But it's arrogant to say if people don't believe in god, then there is no meaning to life. Just because people aren't off slaving away to some enigmatic deity doesn't mean they can't put meaning into their daily chores. I don't believe in God. Are you to say my life means nothing? I'm still alive aren't I?

quote:
So why not destory the world?


Do you like torturing small kittens?

quote:
I don't know about any of you, but leading a meaning less life is just to fucked up for me, thats why i know there is a God, Christian or otherwise.


It's only meaningless if you make it that way. You can refuse to believe in a god, and still put meaning into your life. You're just being pessimistic.
 #4 
Old 2002-10-29, 00:32
Bogey Man Bogey Man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Life of no meaning

It's a personal thing, a personal choice.
 #5 
Old 2002-10-30, 02:41
BuD02 BuD02 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Life of no meaning

I personally don't believe in any sort of God or supernatural being. So your going to tell me that my life has no meaning. I think that life is like anything else, you get out what u put in.
 #6 
Old 2002-11-01, 03:26
Lysander Lysander is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Life of no meaning

�I don't think we're here for anything, we're products of evolution. You can say 'Gee, your life must be pretty bleak if you don't think there's a purpose,' but I'm anticipating a good lunch.�

--James Watson, co-discoverer of DNA and Nobel Prize winner.
 #7 
Old 2002-11-01, 23:31
nz man nz man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Life of no meaning

Life is too short to ague such things. Why not listen to your heart and decide what is right or wrong and live up to the full on what you feel is true.
 #8 
Old 2002-11-01, 23:53
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Life of no meaning

Read a little Hsun Tzu (the philosophy not 'Art of War').

Nox
 #9 
Old 2002-11-02, 03:58
Damaged Damaged is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Life of no meaning

If u really like to indulge in "no meaning to life" stuff, read more about Nihilism.. I think u'll find it pretty interesting..

Look at me for example, I dont believe in any sort of god.. and yes life has no meaning.. and fuck it lets destroy the world!!

but thats just my view, so check out Nihilism.. and if u ever decide to destroy the world Im in, so let me know..

peace
 #10 
Old 2002-11-02, 04:07
Impulses Impulses is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Life of no meaning

Does living your life to its fullest and truly enjoying it lack meaning? Just because there isn't a promise of an afterlife doesn't mean life lacks meaning. The afterlife isn't life. Concentrate on life and how you can develop meaning, not on what happens afterward. Because if you are concentrating on what happens after life you aren't concentrating on life. Seems clear enough to me. I think that if you can't find meaning in life you are looking in the wrong places. I don't live life for the after life. I think thats the key.

[This message has been edited by Impulses (edited 11-02-2002).]
 #11 
Old 2002-11-02, 06:20
Iscariot Iscariot is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Life of no meaning

So what youre saying is...

With god, you have meaning.
Without god, you have no meaning.

This is the way I see it.
With god, you are given a meaning.
Without god, you make your own meaning.
 #12 
Old 2002-11-02, 08:35
segue segue is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Life of no meaning

good call nox here is a link
http://www.clas.ufl.edu/users/gthursby/taoism/suntext.htm

 #13 
Old 2002-11-11, 07:27
nz man nz man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A Life of no meaning

What is the use of ruling the entire world when you can't even save your own life. And besides pack lightly cause I think its gonna be warm!
 #14 
Old 2002-11-11, 16:14
Regular
 
Default Re: A Life of no meaning

your post shows you haven't really thought about your belief in god, you blatantly said you only believe in god to comfort your fear of life having no meaning. You should really thing about the posibility of there actually being a god.
 #15 
Old 2002-11-16, 06:35
Regular
 
Yami no tensai
Default Re: A Life of no meaning

quote:
Originally posted by nz man:
And besides pack lightly cause I think its gonna be warm!


In Muslim hell.

 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics