About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God For discussing any and all religious viewpoints. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Keeping your sense of humor is required. Posting messages about theological paradoxes is encouraged.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-26, 08:08
Quantized Quantized is offline
Regular
 
Default Define Your Beliefs

I've read the things posted on this forum many times, but never posted. One thing I've noticed is that many people must write lengthy essays to explain their beliefs. I propose a challenge. If you choose to respond to this topic explain your beliefs in one sentence. Then explain why your beliefs are correct in one sentence. That's it. Define your beliefs in two sentences, like this:

I have no beliefs, only ideas and opinions.
If I have no beliefs, then everything I believe must be correct.
 #2 
Old 2002-10-26, 23:09
likuidsmoke likuidsmoke is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Define Your Beliefs

the divine concieness, teh divine truth, life eternal.

everything is divine, and life never ends, even after death it continues from one being to another (decomposition of the life form breeds new life)

[This message has been edited by likuidsmoke (edited 10-26-2002).]
 #3 
Old 2002-10-26, 23:56
punkrawkerstonershit punkrawkerstonershit is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Define Your Beliefs

Life flows within everything , and everything is connected by the common thread of love that God gave to us.
 #4 
Old 2002-10-27, 00:36
culinaryoverlord culinaryoverlord is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Define Your Beliefs

We are organic beings, our perception of self ends with death, we live on in our impact on the communal conciusness of humanity. Any breakthroughs into a state of higher conciousness must be accomplished during our physical life, patterns of conciusness may be present outside of a physical shell, but because we are born as organic beings our conciousness is tied to our physical form.
 #5 
Old 2002-10-27, 01:39
Bogey Man Bogey Man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Define Your Beliefs

The only way you'll ascend to heaven is by drinking the koolaid at our spiritual father's house.

My evidence is that the notion was put into my head as a small child, and even though I stray from the traditional beliefs, i still cling to the core of the system, GOD.
 #6 
Old 2002-10-27, 13:49
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Define Your Beliefs

There is that which is greater than man.

My search for "that" is what keeps me going.

Nox
 #7 
Old 2002-10-27, 16:58
Bogey Man Bogey Man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Define Your Beliefs

That doesn't explain why you think you're right.
 #8 
Old 2002-10-27, 19:53
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Define Your Beliefs

quote:
Originally posted by Bogey Man:
That doesn't explain why you think you're right.


You are correct.

I am right....because. Because that is what I believe. Remember, in any religious arguement, once you get to the point of "I believe" rational discussion is over.

Nox
 #9 
Old 2002-10-27, 20:02
Regular
 
NJ
Default Re: Define Your Beliefs

I believe topics like this that appeal to vanity and only ask for peoples opinions without leaving room for debate suck.

I believe that almost nothing anyone says will be reacted to, thus making such discussions akin to talking to yourself.
 #10 
Old 2002-10-28, 00:48
Bogey Man Bogey Man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Define Your Beliefs

Unless someone says something really stupid.
 #11 
Old 2002-10-28, 03:02
Quantized Quantized is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Define Your Beliefs

Sorry to have offended you '22, I was just trying to inspire some self-reflection. The point of this topic was to force people to analyse their beliefs and decide which things were most important to them. Why does there always have to be debate?
 #12 
Old 2002-10-28, 04:27
Regular
 
NJ
Default Re: Define Your Beliefs

Because this is a discussion board...

 #13 
Old 2002-10-28, 09:00
Jacross Jacross is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Define Your Beliefs

be good and you too can join the party.

i am correct because there is no correct.
 #14 
Old 2002-10-28, 20:25
Bogey Man Bogey Man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Define Your Beliefs

how profound
 #15 
Old 2002-10-28, 20:58
poopmaker2000 poopmaker2000 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Define Your Beliefs

I believe in my sences.

I have not seen, smelt, heard, tasted, or felt any god. There for I do not believe in any superior being.
 #16 
Old 2002-10-28, 22:21
ShadowFist ShadowFist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Define Your Beliefs

The living God's spirt flows through everything and Jesus came here to protect it from being harmed by taking our sins so that the cosmic order stays intact

-ShadowFist
 #17 
Old 2002-10-28, 23:22
Bogey Man Bogey Man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Define Your Beliefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogey Man
That doesn't explain why you think you're right.
 #18 
Old 2002-10-29, 00:15
Regular
 
mo, usa
Default Re: Define Your Beliefs

I believe that all questions have more than one answer, except for questions about this statement. I believe this is true because I can't find any exceptions and because it explains everything.
 #19 
Old 2002-10-29, 00:40
Bogey Man Bogey Man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Define Your Beliefs

I don't like answers that explain everything, how boring.
 #20 
Old 2002-10-29, 10:51
Regular
 
Melbourne
Default Re: Define Your Beliefs

I believe religion and deities were made by people, for people, so anthropology makes more sense than theological debate.

I am correct, because I believe I am correct and as far as I'm concerned that's all that matters.
 #21 
Old 2002-10-29, 11:32
Regular
 
mo, usa
Default Re: Define Your Beliefs

quote:
Originally posted by Bogey Man:
I don't like answers that explain everything, how boring.


It would be boring if all the answers were just dumped in your lap and there is that aspect to what I call The Truth. But another aspect to it is that it is a tool that you are allowed to use to search and dig out the answers to all questions that you encounter.So instead of having answers you now are on a journey of discovery and it is changing all the time and staying the same all the time. Your experience, I mean.
 #22 
Old 2002-10-29, 16:59
BuD02 BuD02 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Define Your Beliefs

I believe that we as individuals have much to learn.
That is why i'm here and why I keep going.
 #23 
Old 2002-10-29, 19:08
ytrewq ytrewq is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Define Your Beliefs

I believe in me.

I am correct, because I exist.
 #24 
Old 2002-10-29, 19:37
Bogey Man Bogey Man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Define Your Beliefs

The answer I don't like, that I was alluding to, was God.
Why is our skin different colors? God
What created the universe? God
Why did fluffy die? God
 #25 
Old 2002-10-29, 21:30
Renegade Renegade is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Define Your Beliefs

I live a life and follow my life.

That helps me gain whatever i need.

Peace Renegade,
 #26 
Old 2002-10-31, 03:34
likuidsmoke likuidsmoke is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Define Your Beliefs

Ive already made my statement, but i have to say that this is one of the more interesting posts i have seen. This is more of a discussion rather than a debate (a big difference) and i can see great ideas coming forth.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics