About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God For discussing any and all religious viewpoints. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Keeping your sense of humor is required. Posting messages about theological paradoxes is encouraged.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-17, 20:29
rustypipes rustypipes is offline
Regular
 
Default We should all kill each other in the name of God!

It is often said that religion is about peace. I disagree, it seems to be the cause of a lot of evil. Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus etc. are all guilty of this evil. Even Buddhists are killing lately, probably because they felt left out. Take any major world problem,past or present, and there is probably a religious cause. If someone names a problem that they don't see as religious, someone on this website will say otherwise. I am not debating that there aren't some good aspects of religion. I am just saying that religion causes more problems than people realize. I am not affiliated with any religion, no god has done anything for me.
 #2 
Old 2002-10-17, 21:44
Regular
 
VA
Default Re: We should all kill each other in the name of God!

No. When people get tired of killing in the name of god, they kill in the name of humanity, progress, or whatever else suits. them.

People just like killing each other.
 #3 
Old 2002-10-17, 22:14
Regular
 
NJ
Default Re: We should all kill each other in the name of God!

Correct.
 #4 
Old 2002-10-17, 22:26
Bogey Man Bogey Man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: We should all kill each other in the name of God!

I know I do.
 #5 
Old 2002-10-17, 22:35
thehellion thehellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: We should all kill each other in the name of God!

Everybody needs an excuse to kill people and religion fills that.
 #6 
Old 2002-10-17, 23:13
rustypipes rustypipes is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: We should all kill each other in the name of God!

quote:
Originally posted by VeneFrigus:
No. When people get tired of killing in the name of god, they kill in the name of humanity, progress, or whatever else suits. them.

People just like killing each other.



I agree with this, but it is not relevent to my point. I am talking about religion being evil, not "why humans kill each other." I agree that many humans kill for other reasons.I am simply saying that no religion has lead to peace in the history of man, even though they all claim to be based on peace, they have all failed in that sense. I am saying that most major conflicts over the years are a directly related to religion. I am saying that religion does more harm than good. I don't care what you think about anything, but I do like how smugly you gave me an irrelevent quote, it's almost like you were typing with your asscheeks. I think the world would be a better place if religion was gone, which will probably never happen, (but I can all pray that it will)haha. It would also be a better place without losers who write irrelevent quotes over 600 times in a row. I hope you die tommorrow.
 #7 
Old 2002-10-17, 23:21
rustypipes rustypipes is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: We should all kill each other in the name of God!

You shouldn't laugh Spirit, you have made 1939 unbelievably stupid comments in a row. I hope you get AIDS from your mother after forgetting to wear a condom. "Correct,"that's all you have to say? Are you and TheMouse related or are you "cyber-dating." It would be "Correct" to say that you are an idiot. I will not be back after seeing people like you. I don't want to turn out like you. 1930 quotes is embarassing enough, but 1939, that is grounds for you to kill yourself. I dare you to do it, just pull the trigger and make everyone here happier. It would be even funnier if you used a .22 caliber gun. It's not like anyone would miss you, you loser.
 #8 
Old 2002-10-18, 00:15
Joe Boo Joe Boo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: We should all kill each other in the name of God!

What doesn't make any sense is if Spirit has made 1939 stupid comments in a row, and you obviously looked at each and everyone, then you should also know just by seeing all of them that him and Mouse are far from dating.
 #9 
Old 2002-10-18, 00:37
rustypipes rustypipes is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: We should all kill each other in the name of God!

quote:
Originally posted by Joe Boo:
What doesn't make any sense is if Spirit has made 1939 stupid comments in a row, and you obviously looked at each and everyone, then you should also know just by seeing all of them that him and Mouse are far from dating.


I don't know if you've ever seen the info about users, well I don't expect a 12 year old to see this, but it tells how many comments they have made, and I created software that tells how many of them are stupid. You are near the top of the list. I hope you die tomorrow. Why don't you take a trip to D.C. Wear a shirt with a target on it. I have been here for two days and I am disgusted by the losers that are here, this is my official last post. i don't want to end up like Jae Boob, sitting in the dark all day wondering if my comic book collection is appreciating. Bye losers.
 #10 
Old 2002-10-18, 03:29
Regular
 
NJ
Default Re: We should all kill each other in the name of God!

Bye.
 #11 
Old 2002-10-18, 03:31
Regular
 
NJ
Default Re: We should all kill each other in the name of God!

I think its a disgruntled idiot I have formerly mocked and degraded while smashing his arguments, returned with the rage and envy of the impotent.
 #12 
Old 2002-10-18, 03:49
Bogey Man Bogey Man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: We should all kill each other in the name of God!

It would have been better if he had insulted you without making himself look stupid.

Someday children will learn why killing people with kindness works.
 #13 
Old 2002-10-20, 12:27
Regular
 
Melbourne
Default Re: We should all kill each other in the name of God!

quote:
Originally posted by Bogey Man:
Someday children will learn why killing people with kindness works.


Because they die happy?
 #14 
Old 2002-10-20, 15:56
Bogey Man Bogey Man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: We should all kill each other in the name of God!

Someday children will learn why killing people with kindness works.
 #15 
Old 2002-10-20, 21:09
Regular
 
VA
Default Re: We should all kill each other in the name of God!

Peace is an impossible ideal (ideal according to some, anyway), anyway. That doesn't mean certain religions don't promote peace.
 #16 
Old 2002-10-24, 07:38
Iscariot Iscariot is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: We should all kill each other in the name of God!

quote:
Originally posted by VeneFrigus:
Peace is an impossible ideal (ideal according to some, anyway), anyway. That doesn't mean certain religions don't promote peace.


If a certain religion wants to eradicate other people's faith, to either convert them as their own, or to clear them off the face of the earth, the YES. Relgion does promote peace.

and look at whats going on today, and centuries before.
 #17 
Old 2002-10-24, 08:19
Regular
 
Yami no tensai
Default Re: We should all kill each other in the name of God!

quote:
Originally posted by thehellion:
Everybody needs an excuse to kill people and religion fills that.


http://homepage.mac.com/leperous/.Pictures/enemy2.jpg
 #18 
Old 2002-10-25, 00:41
BEAR PASSING GO BEAR PASSING GO is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: We should all kill each other in the name of God!

Perhaps the problem lies within human nature. It is alot easier to gather a group of people when they all have a common dislike. If a group doesn't have a common enemy they more often than not, fight within themselves striving for an unobtainable perfection.

[This message has been edited by BEAR PASSING GO (edited 10-25-2002).]
 #19 
Old 2002-10-25, 01:52
Regular
 
VA
Default Re: We should all kill each other in the name of God!

Actually, eliminating all the other faiths could bring about a peace.
 #20 
Old 2002-10-25, 14:43
Iscariot Iscariot is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: We should all kill each other in the name of God!

In that case.
Actually NOT HAVING a faith could bring out peace.
 #21 
Old 2002-10-25, 16:57
BuD02 BuD02 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: We should all kill each other in the name of God!

people by nature are obviously prone to certain types of behavior. Killing somebody is a thought that we all think of and if we kill then we need an excuse I think religion is just as good as country or race.
 #22 
Old 2002-10-25, 19:45
Regular
 
NJ
Default Re: We should all kill each other in the name of God!

quote:
Originally posted by BEAR PASSING GO:
[B]Perhaps the problem lies within human nature.


Or the fact that people think our nature is whats wrong with us...

 #23 
Old 2002-10-26, 01:29
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: We should all kill each other in the name of God!

quote:
Originally posted by rustypipes:
I think the world would be a better place if religion was gone, which will probably never happen, (but I can all pray that it will)haha.


I don't agree. Religion fulfills a basic need of man. When the caveman looked up at the stars and began to wonder why, the why took on many forms: fire, rain, thunder, existence itself. He could not come up with rational answers.

Today many of the basic questions have been answered, but the esoteric ones remain (ie existence itself). As long as questions remain unanswered, religion has a place. Let us not get caught up in the semantics battle over religion/philosophy/thoughts, it is the overall concept of explaining the unknown that I refer to.

Nox
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics