|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God For discussing any and all religious viewpoints. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Keeping your sense of humor is required. Posting messages about theological paradoxes is encouraged. |
 |
This particular thread is a partial recovery - pages 1, 2, 3 of its original capture were never archived, so some posts from those pages are missing below.
|
#1
 2002-10-17, 03:24
|
|
|
Is there any true good or evil?
statutory rape- mostly gay bullshit.
Girls who go to bars with their tits hanging out then leave to talk to a guy- bullshit.
Marital rape- Gay.
|
|
#2
 2002-10-17, 03:28
|
thehellion 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is there any true good or evil?
Beowulf was motivated to kill Grendel for pride and to protect the king. For him to be able to do it he had to have courage. Besides Beowulf was a mythical hero of course he was gonna have pride and be brave how many heros do you know that are cowardly?
|
|
#3
 2002-10-17, 03:29
|
|
|
Re: Is there any true good or evil?
>>>>Beowulf was motivated to kill Grendel for pride and to protect the king. For him to be able to do it he had to have courage.<<<<
And he was thus courageous.
>>>> Besides Beowulf was a mythical hero of course he was gonna have pride and be brave how many heros do you know that are cowardly?<<<<
None. There are heroes though. Therefore there is bravery.
|
|
#4
 2002-10-17, 03:30
|
|
|
Re: Is there any true good or evil?
Yeah, but that's out of context. The "evil" motivation (need to physically dominate) is lacking in your examples. Those guys just wanted to get a nut, and were reasonably expecting it.
|
|
#5
 2002-10-17, 03:31
|
|
|
Re: Is there any true good or evil?
The need to physically dominate is respectable and understandable. I dont buy that bullshit about how rape is not sexual. If it wasnt, how come men, kids, and old ugly women arent all raped in about the same proportions?
|
|
#6
 2002-10-17, 16:38
|
Lazy Bastard 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is there any true good or evil?
Courage and Bravery are the abillity to face danger without feeling fear. Everybody feels some fear when facing danger. The only differance between a "courageous" person and a cowardly person, is the amount of fear they feel.
Of course Beowolf could fight Grendal without feeling fear, HE DIDN'T EXIST.
"The need to physically dominate is respectable"
I don't find it acceptable. I respect people who display traits that I feel are honourable. The need do physically dominate is not honourable.
Do you really believe that rape is right? Do you really belive that a man has the right to have sex with another person, without their consent? If you do you are one seriously fucked up individual.
|
|
#7
 2002-10-17, 16:56
|
|
|
Re: Is there any true good or evil?
>>>>Courage and Bravery are the abillity to face danger without feeling fear.<<<<< No. Thats stupidity. Bravery is not letting your fear stop you from doing what has to be done.
>>>> Of course Beowolf could fight Grendal without feeling fear, HE DIDN'T EXIST.<<<< I havent read Beowulf in a long time, but other Viking heroes are afraid of things. They just face them and win.
>>>>I don't find it acceptable.<<<<
Tough shit.
>>>> I respect people who display traits that I feel are honourable. The need do physically dominate is not honourable.<<<<
It is natural, and therefore honorable. A boxer who likes winning isnt an honorable man?
>>>>>Do you really believe that rape is right?<<<<
Lol, no.
>>>> Do you really belive that a man has the right to have sex with another person, without their consent? <<<<
Sometimes.
|
|
#8
 2002-10-17, 17:11
|
Lazy Bastard 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is there any true good or evil?
">>>>>Do you really believe that rape is right?<<<<
Lol, no.
>>>> Do you really belive that a man has the right to have sex with another person, without their consent? <<<<
Sometimes."
Rape is having sex with someone without their consent.
So how is it possible to belive that rape is wrong, but unconsential sex is right?
|
|
#9
 2002-10-17, 19:28
|
|
|
Re: Is there any true good or evil?
Why do you say Beowulf didn't exist?
|
|
#10
 2002-10-17, 21:47
|
Lazy Bastard 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is there any true good or evil?
"Why do you say Beowulf didn't exist?"
Because I don't believe a huge monster called Grendal existed.
Beowolf may have been based on an actual person. But that's beside the point.
|
|
#11
 2002-10-17, 22:32
|
|
|
Re: Is there any true good or evil?
Men like Beowulf did things like Beowulf for the same reason as Beowulf, dick. There is a reason a culture has heroes- they are an easier and more compelling way to communicate how the better men in the community feel and act.
|
|
#12
 2002-10-18, 00:12
|
|
|
Re: Is there any true good or evil?
quote: Originally posted by Spirit of '22: I dont buy that bullshit about how rape is not sexual. If it wasnt, how come men, kids, and old ugly women arent all raped in about the same proportions?
Of course rape has a sexual component. You couldn't be very dominating, while trying to stuff your flaccid cock into your prey's orifice of choice, could you? And ALL types get raped, including hags, that haven't lubricated in decades.
|
|
#13
 2002-10-18, 02:02
|
thehellion 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is there any true good or evil?
Well ive heard stories of old women getting raped by burglers. From what i can tell it is mostly a control issue but maby opportunity too. Personally i'd be a little more selective but whatever floats your boat.
|
|
#14
 2002-10-18, 02:58
|
|
|
Re: Is there any true good or evil?
I dont think I would even get or maintain an erection when a woman was struggling, spitting, twisting, and biting me in a desperate attempt to escape.
|
|
#15
 2002-10-18, 05:55
|
thehellion 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is there any true good or evil?
Yeah violence doesnt do it for me. Anyway wouldnt it be hard to concentrait on keeping her down and keep the hard-on. I guess rapists gotta be somewhat masochistic with the biting and crap. Of course maby that why some go for old ladys cause all they coud do is gum him.
|
|
#16
 2002-10-21, 20:15
|
|
|
Re: Is there any true good or evil?
lol, and you'd have to contend with diapers. ___
I've had some girlfriends that were into being physically dominated. I can understand it from their perspective.
|
|
#17
 2002-10-21, 22:17
|
|
|
Re: Is there any true good or evil?
Physically dominated and whooped into submission are a little different.
|
|
#18
 2002-10-22, 21:36
|
|
|
Re: Is there any true good or evil?
I wasn't defending rape, just reminiscing.
|
|
#19
 2002-10-23, 04:16
|
abstractAffect 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is there any true good or evil?
Hey Spirit, I love how you completly ignored Ursus's very good point a page back. Prob. b/c you know even with your vast amount of intelliegnce that maybe what he says is TRUE and even though some tiny piece of you might agree, it just blows your model of reality away thus proving you inability to see beyond a body,mind, and ego.
|
|
#20
 2002-10-23, 14:14
|
|
|
Re: Is there any true good or evil?
quote: Originally posted by Ursus: Jesus Christ! What a shitload of mental masterbation is going on here!!!
Is the only thing he said a page back. What are you talking about? And stop registering new SNs just to back yourself up, fag.
|
|
#21
 2002-10-23, 23:46
|
abstractAffect 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is there any true good or evil?
I'm sorry. Back on page 2.
But nice conspiracy theory Spirit. ^5!
|
|
#22
 2002-10-24, 00:25
|
|
|
Re: Is there any true good or evil?
That thing on page 2 has nothing to do with anything I said. Its arguably not even relevant to the conversation. Thats probably why I ignored it.
|
|
#23
 2002-10-24, 12:52
|
Ursus 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is there any true good or evil?
Yeah Spirit...the relevancy went over your head eh? Well, I'll try to use smaller words for you the next time.
[This message has been edited by Ursus (edited 10-24-2002).]
|
|
#24
 2002-10-25, 19:47
|
|
|
Re: Is there any true good or evil?
Ok. Try again please. I await your translation.
|
|
#25
 2002-10-25, 19:54
|
|
|
Re: Is there any true good or evil?
quote: Originally posted by Ursus: I believe that there is no such thing as coincidence. All things happen for a reason. While the reason for any particular events may temporarily elude us, it WILL become apparent latter on...if your mind is open enough to understand the connection to later events.
Great. Did you notice this thread was about good and evil? quote: Originally posted by Ursus: [B] Just because something happens to you, or to those around you, that does not fit into your definition of "good" does not make it evil! The only thing that makes it "evil" is the value judgment that you associate with that event. When, in fact there have been many, many "good" things that resulted from "evil" or "bad" events!
Yep...And? quote: [B]28 years ago I caught my ex-wife in the sack with my brother... Ya wanna talk about the ultimate "bad" event for me? THAT was certainly it!...
A bad effect on you does not equal evil. You are self-centered, selfish, and ignorant friend. quote: [B]Yet...if that event had not happened I would not have been married for 27 years to the wonderful wife that has chosen to spend her life with me. I would not have the 16 year old daughter that I have now...(Who is, incidently, probably one of the most intelligent and well adjusted human beings that I know...AHEM!)
Getting married to women who wont have sex with your brother is a universal good ya know. quote: [B]You see...What happened 28 years ago happened for a purpose. That event was neither "good" nor "bad"...it was simply an event that happened in my life.
Adultery is bad. Someone wake me up when what happens to you defines what is good for mankind. quote: [B] We all have choices to make. We can either CHOOSE to simply accept things as they are, without making a value judgment...or we can CHOOSE to always question the "moral" implications of whether or not something is "good or bad", "right or wrong". Baloney! Things just ARE!
So it wasnt wrong for your wife to have sex with your brother? Or for your brother to have sex with your wife? YOu are a bad liar. quote: [B]For anyone to make a value judgment only serves to perpetuate the reoccurance of those events. You ARE what you THINK! Literally. What you think shapes your reality.
Not more existentialist garbage, please. No, my thoughts interpret reality. Reality exists without me- always has, always will. If I dont think about money, I still need it. I cant outthink my neighbor being an asshole either. As I said, this argument is off-base and has almost nothing to do with the argument this thread was based on.
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|