About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God For discussing any and all religious viewpoints. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Keeping your sense of humor is required. Posting messages about theological paradoxes is encouraged.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-03, 00:06
Carisa Carisa is offline
Regular
 
Default Jehovahs witnesses

I hate those fucking bastards that come to your door on a saturday morning
any good plans to make them stop????
 #2 
Old 2002-10-03, 00:21
Regular
 
Default Re: Jehovahs witnesses

Just tell them not to come around ever again. They won't.
 #3 
Old 2002-10-03, 00:24
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Jehovahs witnesses

Outside of moving, I have no idea.

Nox
 #4 
Old 2002-10-03, 00:25
Regular
 
Yami no tensai
Default Re: Jehovahs witnesses

Put a sign on your door that says "No Solicitors" and if they knock, point toward the sign and tell them that you don't buy it.
 #5 
Old 2002-10-03, 01:45
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Jehovahs witnesses

Carisa,

Here at Totse, we normally don't ask the same question on more than one forum.

Nox
 #6 
Old 2002-10-03, 04:27
Carisa Carisa is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Jehovahs witnesses

sorry I originally posted it at one forum them realized there was a religouse foum so I decided to put it in the correct place...it won't happen again
 #7 
Old 2002-10-05, 04:22
SomeEverydayNobody SomeEverydayNobody is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Jehovahs witnesses

When they start preaching, ask them if they've seen the darkness! Pull out a razor and cut your arm, then ask if they wanna join in on the demonic fun! Im sure theyll never return!

And if they do..... Im out of ideas!
 #8 
Old 2002-10-06, 12:00
Regular
 
Melbourne
Default Re: Jehovahs witnesses

"Yeah? Sure... Come in, we're about to sacrifice a goat..."

Apart from that, theological discussion (either explaining how fucked up their religion is, or how your existing religion is adequate)

A couple of years back, some people in a neighbourhood not too far from mine invited a couple of mormons in, and served them hash cookies while discussing religion...
Needless to say... the mormons got fucked up hahaha...

(note: I do not in any way condone this behaviour... waste of good cookies)
 #9 
Old 2002-10-06, 12:26
Regular
 
Default Re: Jehovahs witnesses

The Mormons actulay pressed charges, adds the extra bit of humour to the story, which I like, seems everybody got what they needed

Buy a nice big dog, and one of their Bibles, tear the Bible up a little, add some splashes of blood and leave it in your front yard, Just get the blood from the goat,
 #10 
Old 2002-10-06, 23:59
-_-OsiriS-_- -_-OsiriS-_- is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Jehovahs witnesses

Actually they have the same bible. The only major difference is instead of using Lord or whatever else, it says Jehovah.
 #11 
Old 2002-10-07, 00:32
Hired_Thug Hired_Thug is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Jehovahs witnesses

My friends and I have a sport. The object is to keep them on the doorstep as long as possible without ever asking them to come it. My record is 2 hours and a couple minuites (between 5 and 15... wasnt looking at the watch until after i stopped laughing whrn they left.)
 #12 
Old 2002-10-07, 02:49
Regular
 
NJ
Default Re: Jehovahs witnesses

You can tell them to go away. Ive never seen one at my door, I wish they would try it. Theyre retarded and weak but theyre usually nice, so Id feel like an asshole being a cock to them. Id still mercilessly tear asunder illusions of the sins of idolatry and similar absolutely ridiculous philosophies, but Id be nice.
 #13 
Old 2002-10-18, 07:32
bigboomer bigboomer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Jehovahs witnesses

don't be nice you should invite them in and shove miscelanious items up their ass. I'm pretty sure they won't come back. and if they do, do it again, but this time make the items bigger and sharper.
 #14 
Old 2002-10-18, 16:36
Regular
 
mo, usa
Default Re: Jehovahs witnesses

I was one of Jehovah's Witnesses. Found something better now
 #15 
Old 2002-10-18, 16:49
Regular
 
NJ
Default Re: Jehovahs witnesses

Haha. Do tell.
 #16 
Old 2002-10-18, 18:22
Regular
 
mo, usa
Default Re: Jehovahs witnesses

I believed it was the truth because they have answers for everything and I guess I want there to be a final answer. Then Ifound out this wasn't really true although I learned a lot and benefitted from the experience. Since then I have learned something very simple that explains a lot
 #17 
Old 2002-10-18, 18:31
Regular
 
mo, usa
Default Re: Jehovahs witnesses

Anyway it's interesting to read your experiences with JW's as they have come to your doors, having done that myself. It was a pretty scarey thing to do and most, if not all JW's, are really scared, but they do it because they believe and because they are pressured
 #18 
Old 2002-10-18, 20:50
Regular
 
mo, usa
Default Re: Jehovahs witnesses

All religions are composed of different sets of rules. They call their rules beliefs or doctrine or etc. Some have huge amounts of rules others have only a few. They all have certain ones in common but none of them have all of them in common. JW's have as many rules as the Jewish people did. I think everybody finds the religion that fits them the best and they are willing to believe that religion's rules. JW's do this to a more extreme degree than other religons but otherwise are not that different.But they are unaverage and therefore subject to a lot of ridicule. The more rules you have the more fearfull you tend to be because just about anything you do will end up breaking a rule. So people in this situation end up being rather neurotic, but they aren't quite certain why.
 #19 
Old 2002-10-18, 22:35
Regular
 
mo, usa
Default Re: Jehovahs witnesses

And really we all believe in religion, in one way, in that we all have certain rules that we believe in, even if we try not to. Because anything that you believe is, or can be, only one way, is a rule, or religion, to you, even if your rule, or set of rules, is not as well organized or systematized as those of an established religion. There is only one escape and that is to only have ONE rule be your religion. But the only way to do that is to believe in The Rule, which states "All questions have more than one correct answer". You may start with only one rule, but if it is not The Rule, then it will only be a matter of time until you make another rule, and then they start coming in a downpour. Then disagreement and fighting start.
 #20 
Old 2002-10-19, 01:10
Regular
 
NJ
Default Re: Jehovahs witnesses

Are you going to tell me the new thing you found or no?
 #21 
Old 2002-10-19, 01:27
Regular
 
OZ
Default Re: Jehovahs witnesses

quote:
Originally posted by bkc:
Anyway it's interesting to read your experiences with JW's as they have come to your doors, having done that myself. It was a pretty scarey thing to do and most, if not all JW's, are really scared, but they do it because they believe and because they are pressured


Thanks for the insight bkc, pretty much the way I have found most jdubs, that makes it difficult to be abrupt, however I found myself resenting the intrusions.

Anyway after many years of them targeting us(by the way JW's keep records, that's how some of them come to your door and know your name! Bought a car off a jdub once and under the seat I found a card with fields for first names, religion, profession etc - looks like they build up a database on homes?) I found an effective deterrent, I asked them for a copy of their bible complete with teachings, read it and on their return showed them the contradictions from their own bible.

Had to do that as they will not accept any other bible as authoritative. Since then they have not returned.

Here's an example: JW's do not believe in the Trinity they say Jesus is not God but 'a god' - now whatever one believes, think outside the square for a moment. Take it as a given that God and Jesus exist, but they are not 'one being' expressed in different forms - the evidence for this should exist within the JW bible, correct?

Isaiah 44:6 "This is what Jehovah has said, the King of Israel and the Repurchaser of him, Jehovah of armies, 'Iam the first and I am the last and besides me there is no God'.

Compare with Revelation 1:17&18 "I am the First and the Last, and the living one; and I am become dead but look! I am living forevermore." references in the margin to other new testament scriptures make it obvious this person is Jesus for the JW's. So how can there be two First and Last beings? Seems that for these two claims to be true Jesus and Jehovah must be one entity?

Compare also Isaiah 9:6 "For there has been a child born to us, there has been a son given to us, and the princely rule will come upon his shoulder. And his name will be called Wonderful Counsellor, [u]Mighty God[/u], Eternal Father, Prince of Peace."

Hopefully you see the contradiction there if God and Jesus are not as one- according to what is written in the JW bible that is!

There are quite a few more, including John 14: 6-9, Philippians 2:5-7, Colossians 1:15-17&19, Colossians 2:9 and Hebrews 1: verses 3, 8 & 10. Thus the JW teachings are inconsistent with their New World translation of the scriptures - contradictory in fact, misleading in effect.

 #22 
Old 2002-10-19, 02:29
Regular
 
mo, usa
Default Re: Jehovahs witnesses

quote:
Originally posted by Spirit of '22:
Are you going to tell me the new thing you found or no?

I did tell you the new thing I found.It's The Rule.
 #23 
Old 2002-10-19, 02:45
Regular
 
mo, usa
Default Re: Jehovahs witnesses

Here's another way to explain it. Whenever you are faced with a question, like every time you get on here, test yourself. If you find only one answer to the question you are answering, say "I must be wrong I only found one answer to this question" You will then find another answer because all questions, except The Rule, have more than one. You may not believe this right now, in fact I would be surprised if you did, since you have never explicitly tried it.It may sound stupid to you. It's powerful
 #24 
Old 2002-10-19, 03:32
Regular
 
mo, usa
Default Re: Jehovahs witnesses

[QUOTE]
Hopefully you see the contradiction there if God and Jesus are not as one- according to what is written in the JW bible that is!

You are writing to me as if I am still a JW.I still find it interesting to discuss the Bible but do not consider it the final authority anymore. It is NOT the Word of God but is ABOUT the Word of God. The Bible is telling us about The Rule , actually, but I can name it many other things. I can call it Jesus' ransom sacrifice and be correct. This is what the Bible says to believe in, that's all. There are no requirements to describe who or what God is, although it is interesting to study and contemplate that issue. Will check back 10-21-02.

[This message has been edited by bkc (edited 10-19-2002).]
 #25 
Old 2002-10-20, 22:26
Regular
 
OZ
Default Re: Jehovahs witnesses

quote:
Originally posted by bkc:
There is only one escape and that is to only have ONE rule be your religion. But the only way to do that is to believe in The Rule, which states "All questions have more than one correct answer". You may start with only one rule, but if it is not The Rule, then it will only be a matter of time until you make another rule, and then they start coming in a downpour. Then disagreement and fighting start.


Good thinking, one thing perhaps?
'The Rule' >"All questions have more than one correct answer"< would also be subject - Is it possible also that some questions can only have one answer?

Perhaps the rule would be better cognised as: "All questions may have more than one correct answer"???



[This message has been edited by redzed (edited 10-20-2002).]
 #26 
Old 2002-10-21, 18:38
Regular
 
mo, usa
Default Re: Jehovahs witnesses

[QUOTE] - Is it possible also that some questions can only have one answer?

There is a category of questions that have only one answer, but all questions in this category, when distilled down, are going back to The Rule and are, in essence, the same as The Rule. The Rule cannot be applied to itself, but all other areas of interrogation have more than one answer. The Rule never fails, and is the only thing that you can say this about. If some questions, in any other category, have only one answer, than The Rule would have no lasting power and there would be no very compelling reason to consider it further.

The way we have proved this postulate to ourselves is to test it against a barrage of neverending questions and situations to see if it breaks down anywhere. It hasn't so far. I would challenge anyone to see if they can come up with a situation that cannot be adequately covered using this concept. Consider this a formal challenge, or game, if you like.
 #27 
Old 2002-10-21, 18:58
Regular
 
mo, usa
Default Re: Jehovahs witnesses



<<<My response is to Carissa's topic however, and your response - sounding a bit peeved about it - is pretty much what happens with the JW's. lol>>>
I not sure what you mean here. I am not peeved, really, but do not consider the JW stuff that interesting anymore even though I don't mind talking about it .What I don't understand is this, "...your response is pretty much what happens...".

[This message has been edited by bkc (edited 10-21-2002).]
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics