|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God For discussing any and all religious viewpoints. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Keeping your sense of humor is required. Posting messages about theological paradoxes is encouraged. |
 |
|
#1
 2002-09-25, 00:37
|
xavier 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Purpose
I was reading the Motivation post by ytrewq. I dont have an opinion on the matter at the moment but i have been wondering about people on this board in general what keeps you going day in day out. Is there an after life for you ? Are you making the best of it for the here and now. Whats your life's purpose ?
|
|
#2
 2002-09-25, 06:43
|
likuidsmoke 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Purpose
the way i see it is:
if i die and there is an afterlife, i have then spent my life preparing for it. If there is no afterlife, then my life was performed to best of my ability to be a pleasent person to be around. If there is no afterlife, then i will be dead, if there is an afterlife, i will find out when i get there.
but i am in no hurry to speed the process up
|
|
#3
 2002-09-25, 11:10
|
|
|
Re: Purpose
quote: Originally posted by xavier: what keeps you going day in day out.
Laughter. quote:
Is there an after life for you ?
Irrelevent. quote:
Are you making the best of it for the here and now. Whats your life's purpose ?
I live because I was born and have not yet died. All we know is nothing more than that "what we know"...fuck it, live, laugh...move on.
|
|
#4
 2002-09-25, 13:59
|
|
|
Re: Purpose
in general what keeps you going day in day out. I wake up perfectly aware of the ability to learn something new each day.
Is there an after life for you ? I don't know, but it doesn't really matter.
Are you making the best of it for the here and now. Depends who you ask. If you ask me, of course I am.
Whats your life's purpose ? Knowledge.
|
|
#5
 2002-09-25, 22:05
|
Imp Of Inebriety 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Purpose
in general what keeps you going day in day out. Love, life, and being happy.
Is there an after life for you ? It doesn't matter.
Are you making the best of it for the here and now. I'm making it and that's what's important.
Whats your life's purpose ? To live.
|
|
#6
 2002-09-26, 04:48
|
|
|
Re: Purpose
>>>> what keeps you going day in day out.<<<<
I guess the fact that theres nothing stopping me. Why wouldnt I go? You have to be one of those loser high school kids with bandages on their wrists who cries in class to "need a reason to keep going" when youre in your early 20s.
>>>>Is there an after life for you ? <<<<
"Take heed my son, for through you I am granted to live on..."
>>>>Are you making the best of it for the here and now.<<<<<
Yep. Whenver everything stinks, theres always fellatio.
>>>>Whats your life's purpose ?<<<<
"Take heed my son, for through you I am granted to live on. These words worth more than you'll ever know- make them live on from father to son."
|
|
#7
 2002-09-26, 08:59
|
ytrewq 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Purpose
Figured I'd chime in since you mentioned my post.
How do I keep going? Well as you may have read in my posts, I'm having a real problem with the way things appear to be. However, human beings are really just animals with some higher order brain functions. Even though our lives are different from the other animals on this planet, we still spend most of our time taking care of the basics. You know. Food, shelter, reproduction, and all the other needs that every other living thing has. Those are the things I try to focus on. This is what gets me through each day. The more I think about things, the worse they seem to me.
Basically, what I'm trying to say here is don't think too much and you'll be fine. That little reptilian brain inside of each of us knows what to do.
|
|
#8
 2002-09-26, 13:56
|
Askr 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Purpose
in general what keeps you going day in day out. love, and the fact that i wake up in the morning and dont slip into a comma and die of course. Are you making the best of it for the here and now. beats me... does it really matter if its the "best of it"? good enough is fine with me...
Whats your life's purpose ? to live, to love, and to be remembered by someone when i die
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|