About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God For discussing any and all religious viewpoints. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Keeping your sense of humor is required. Posting messages about theological paradoxes is encouraged.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-08-19, 06:27
k devil k devil is offline
Regular
 
Default Is there a god

I'v never been religos but I have often wonderd about god and there is one qestion thats no one has been able to anser. When I was younger I made a couple of scripter teachers cry and just resintly I had a prist go off his head at me for asking him this qestion. So If any one can anser my qestion it would end years of woundering.

Were did god come from?
 #2 
Old 2002-08-19, 09:41
Regular
 
Yami no tensai
Default Re: Is there a god

Usually they tell you he has just always existed.

Don't bother thinking about it cause defies all logic. If you try to reason it out, it's not going to work.
 #3 
Old 2002-08-19, 10:06
Regular
 
Default Re: Is there a god

Dark, you claim that the universe has always existed, or thats one possiblitly, do you think that it's possible for "God" to exist along side this, at one with a ever existant universe,
 #4 
Old 2002-08-19, 10:15
Regular
 
Default Re: Is there a god

As a hypothetical question that is,

-------------------
"Consider the impass of a one God universe, he can't go anywhere, scince he is already everywhere, he cant do anything scince the act of doing presupposes oppostion...."
-W.S.B.

I say that he does everything
 #5 
Old 2002-08-19, 13:05
Bogey Man Bogey Man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Is there a god

Then, Evolve, YOU explain where God came from, logically.
 #6 
Old 2002-08-19, 22:47
Regular
 
Yami no tensai
Default Re: Is there a god

quote:
Originally posted by evolove:
Dark, you claim that the universe has always existed, or thats one possiblitly, do you think that it's possible for "God" to exist along side this, at one with a ever existant universe,


I never claimed that the universe always existed. I said that if God has always existed, then why can't the same contradictory logic evading mental acrobatics be applied to the universe as well? It's the foundation for circular logic.
 #7 
Old 2002-08-20, 04:07
Regular
 
Default Re: Is there a god

Oh' Ok, I thought you did, I'm sure it was somebody, that I'm sure of, but well, I thought you mentioned it along side it could be spontaneuos regeneration, but then hasn't something alwas been anyway? Because when there was nothing, before the regeneration, there was nothing, being only started when there was something,
I never said I cold explain God, not logicaly, no matter how hard I try but logicaly cold and could don't go together, but they do here, very logicaly,

If something was never created, why ask from where it came? It never has to dispear because it wasn't "there" in the first place, it doens't need something to perpetuate it because it isn't,
 #8 
Old 2002-08-20, 04:46
Regular
 
Yami no tensai
Default Re: Is there a god

It's "spontaneous generation", or things appearing out of nowhere for no reason without a cause.
 #9 
Old 2002-08-20, 09:49
Regular
 
Default Re: Is there a god

Couldn't this have happened to God if it could have happened with the universe?
So something has always existed?
 #10 
Old 2002-08-20, 11:46
MR.SMITH MR.SMITH is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Is there a god

If something spontainiously generated, wouldnt the first generation be the begging of eternety?
 #11 
Old 2002-08-22, 06:46
Funky_Chiken Funky_Chiken is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Is there a god

god has or whatever it is we call has existet since the begining and will do it to the end. becuse he is the essence of this world.i dont think he has only existet while there was life becuse he also has a lot to do with Death.

[This message has been edited by Funky_Chiken (edited 08-22-2002).]
 #12 
Old 2002-08-22, 09:59
Regular
 
Yami no tensai
Default Re: Is there a god

Too bad there aren't any non-manmade sources of unambiguous evidence to support that theory.

[This message has been edited by Dark_Magneto (edited 08-22-2002).]
 #13 
Old 2002-08-22, 15:35
ryanthemeister ryanthemeister is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Is there a god

Yes there is a God - And he's a fuckin DJ. Clubs are my churches and believe me, I love the sermon.

Do I take E?


Yes I do.
 #14 
Old 2002-08-22, 15:38
Regular
 
Basking under my light bulb
Default Re: Is there a god

Hey but you know there is evidence.
I got it right here, a photograph of God on holiday in Lapland.
What kind of evidence would you suggest?
I say that God has a physical body Ie: the energy of everything, and a mind (that exists within everything and beyond).
It is only possible to prove your own mind exists to yourself.
It's impossible to prove that anyone elses mind exists, so how would you prove that the mind of God exists?
It's only possible to prove that god exists to yourself, and many many people have done this through methods that you refuse to try out yourself.
 #15 
Old 2002-08-22, 17:22
Regular
 
nowhere in particular
Default Re: Is there a god

some men will never be able to grasp the concept of infinity as long as they are bound the meaningless and nonexistant entity he created called...


time.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics