|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God For discussing any and all religious viewpoints. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Keeping your sense of humor is required. Posting messages about theological paradoxes is encouraged. |
 |
|
#1
 2002-08-15, 13:13
|
CuriousMonky 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Yes it's here too, some don't go to SOTD.
After being here at Totse for a few months I have realized that people generally come up with the same topics over and over again. Especially when new members arrive. I have talked with a majority of you and debated some of my thoughts and shared some of my experiences. I am come to a point where this is not doing me very much good and for further progress I need to take more action. Some of you have been influenced by some of my thoughts, even the most rigid of you. I have to constantly remind my self that things will change with time, but only if you and I take action. Some people refuse to change their beliefs while others have little trouble accepting something new to them that they can feel could be right for themselves. Anyways, the point is I am growing tired of repeating myself in different ways. I try to describe things in different ways for many different people here, some would like to listen some wouldn't. I am glad I found Totse to share Ideas with you and to learn from you all. A lot of you share some of my thoughts. I am not saying my way of thinking is right and I am not saying yours is wrong. But enough blathering, here are some links for you guys from a rather good website. I'm sure very few of you will only read half of these and even fewer will read all of them, but to each his own. http://www.spiritweb.org/Spirit/photon-belt.html http://www.spiritweb.org/Spirit/merkaba-meditation.html http://www.spiritweb.org/Spirit/obe-iipc.html http://www.spiritweb.org/Spirit/esoterism-gomez.html http://www.spiritweb.org/Spirit/energy-signatures-jorgensen.html http://www.spiritweb.org/Spirit/ascension-guideline-jananda.html http://www.spiritweb.org/Spirit/violet-flame-donaldson.html http://www.spiritweb.org/Spirit/herman-michael-hs.html http://www.spiritweb.org/Spirit/individual-collective-consciousness-phelan.html http://www.spiritweb.org/Spirit/quantum-brahman-wilkinson.html This one if for the scientific, their is another one above but I don't remember which. I would suggest you click one these links at random, seeing as how you probably won't read all of them, reading the ones you click on first.
[This message has been edited by CuriousMonky (edited 08-15-2002).]
|
|
#2
 2002-08-15, 15:21
|
|
Regular
|
|
Basking under my light bulb
|
|
Re: Yes it's here too, some don't go to SOTD.
Ooo the famous spiritweb That baby's been in my favorites for some time.
|
|
#3
 2002-08-15, 23:52
|
|
|
Re: Yes it's here too, some don't go to SOTD.
http://www.spiritweb.org/Spirit/photon-belt.html
That is what we call pseudoscience. They are making up ad-hoc hypothesis that are incapable of being confirmed nor denied and exist for the sole purpose of perpetuating themselves. Much like the invisible weightless pink elephant which doesn't leave footprints that lives in my bedroom.
|
|
#4
 2002-08-16, 05:48
|
|
Regular
|
|
Basking under my light bulb
|
|
Re: Yes it's here too, some don't go to SOTD.
OMG Dark just doesn't read peoples replys, im sure he doesn't. He only takes in the parts of a message that he's able to argu against.
|
|
#5
 2002-08-16, 07:03
|
|
|
Re: Yes it's here too, some don't go to SOTD.
quote:
Dark just doesn't read peoples replys, im sure he doesn't. He only takes in the parts of a message that he's able to argu against.
If I didn't read his reply, I wouldn't have found the links he put in there now, would I? I clicked on a random link he listed and refuted it's validity.
|
|
#6
 2002-08-16, 15:20
|
|
Regular
|
|
Basking under my light bulb
|
|
Re: Yes it's here too, some don't go to SOTD.
<<If I didn't read his reply, I wouldn't have found the links he put in there now, would I?>>
No, but you still only replied to the parts you could argu against, and so you began a dispute, missing the whole point of curious's message.
In actual fact my message referred to you 'pink elephants' crap. You brought this up with me in a previous message and conveniently skipped past my reply, which was: There is nothing to suggest a pink elephant could be living in your room, but there are things that suggest God existence is a possibility.
[This message has been edited by Beany (edited 08-16-2002).]
[This message has been edited by Beany (edited 08-16-2002).]
|
|
#7
 2002-08-16, 23:55
|
|
|
Re: Yes it's here too, some don't go to SOTD.
quote: Originally posted by Beany: No, but you still only replied to the parts you could argu against, and so you began a dispute, missing the whole point of curious's message.
I got the message, and if I had sufficient time and cared enough, I could argue against every single link he provided in a thourough manner. I could cut up every single part of the page and address each specific individual point, but just because I didn't choose to do so doesn't mean that I can't do it. I would end up writing posts so long that Enigma would have to reset the forum due to overflow. I would end up posting replies that are so massive you would think I posted an entire book. Noone would read them, it would take too much of my time, and it would ultimately become self-defeating. quote:
In actual fact my message referred to you 'pink elephants' crap. You brought this up with me in a previous message and conveniently skipped past my reply, which was: There is nothing to suggest a pink elephant could be living in your room, but there are things that suggest God existence is a possibility.
I could say that I had a vision that told me of the pink elephant that evades all detection, and that would be a suggestion in itself. I can give you a million reasons that "suggest" that the earth is flat. Suggestions don't constitute proof. everything that has been brought up that suggests the existence of a God has been thouroughly debased by scientists. Creationists claims revolve around attacking the theory of evolution. Thy seem to think that somehow if they prove evolution wrong, that their theory will somehow become right. They claim that it's the truth, but they have nothing to prove it with. They can't even "prove" it to themselves, that's why they have faith in it. Scientists prove themselves wrong all the time, you don't see many Christians picking apart their own arguments, do you? I'm not trying to wage war here or anything, I'm just saying that they obtain their findings through highly unscientific means, and as such they subject themselves to scrutiny.
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|