About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God For discussing any and all religious viewpoints. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Keeping your sense of humor is required. Posting messages about theological paradoxes is encouraged.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-07-21, 15:03
Fatal Syntax Fatal Syntax is offline
Regular
 
Default God=Energy

This is just something I was thinking about yesterday, and im sure some of the wiser more experienced netizens of totse can help me on this one. If energy cannot be created or destroyed, wouldnt that mean that nothing can be created or destroyed? I mean, everything is essentially energy right?

If god is all powerful, it cannot be seperate fom it's creation. This leads me to think that god must be pure energy, in a sense god is everything. (if it exists)

 #2 
Old 2002-07-21, 15:59
Regular
 
Basking under my light bulb
Default Re: God=Energy

This is what conclusion i came to.
Amongst many other things i came to believe that Gods body is the physical universe, and gods mind is that which tells the energy how to operate. Since Gods perception of existence determines how the energy flows, brings me to the conclusion that the universe is god expressed.
Beany
 #3 
Old 2002-07-21, 16:04
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: God=Energy

Beany,

You have now described God in human terms. Why? This humanistic approach is what is used for those incapable of the esoteric and abstract concepts. If what you said is your belief, then you are very near believing in Nut.

Nox
 #4 
Old 2002-07-21, 16:19
Fatal Syntax Fatal Syntax is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: God=Energy

I agree. If god does exist, it is nothing like humans have tried to portray it over the millenia. In every religion, god seems to have human characteristics which make it same like a buffoon. And who was the moron to decide that god would be male/female? That is a rediculous idea. Does god reproduce? Why does it need a gender? In the energy theory, there is no such folly.
 #5 
Old 2002-07-21, 16:30
Fatal Syntax Fatal Syntax is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: God=Energy

"Bogey,
I do not know where the energy which started the big bang came from. Maybe the energy itself was "the creator". This would make the created, also the creator.

Goes a long way towards explaining many things.

Nox"

OK, I just read that and now I feel stupid. Sorry Nox i didn't realise you had the same idea I swear I just read that. Man I feel dumb.

 #6 
Old 2002-07-21, 17:32
Regular
 
Default Re: God=Energy

quote:
Originally posted by Fatal Syntax:
...god is everything.


If true, then god is just as irrelevant: as if god were nothing.

 #7 
Old 2002-07-21, 19:48
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: God=Energy

Fatal,

Do Not Apologize.

None of us has the answer and we are all looking together. It is only a matter of time before one of your enlightened insights hits me.

I'm looking forward to more discourse with you.

Nox
 #8 
Old 2002-07-22, 02:51
CuriousMonky CuriousMonky is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: God=Energy

quote:
Originally posted by user X:
If true, then god is just as irrelevant: as if god were nothing.




Funny how two people can come to oppisite conclusions based upon 3 words.

Fatal Syntax, a lot has been said on this subject, especially by myself, Nox, and Beany among others. If you look back you could come across some discussions that get pretty deep. Try looking in this section and also in Science of the Damned.
 #9 
Old 2002-07-22, 04:04
Fatal Syntax Fatal Syntax is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: God=Energy

Thank you, I shall peruse the archives of the ancients...
 #10 
Old 2002-07-22, 05:48
Regular
 
Basking under my light bulb
Default Re: God=Energy

<<You have now described God in human terms. Why?>>

Who cares what terms i have described God in. I'll consider the things i said a possibility until anyone causes me to believe otherwise.
Nox
Can you give me a reason to trash my beliefs? (and believe me they go way deeper than the above message)
Beany
 #11 
Old 2002-07-22, 06:59
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: God=Energy

quote:
Originally posted by Beany:
<<You have now described God in human terms. Why?>>

Who cares what terms i have described God in. I'll consider the things i said a possibility until anyone causes me to believe otherwise.
Nox
Can you give me a reason to trash my beliefs? (and believe me they go way deeper than the above message)
Beany



You have totally misunderstood my response. I have not now or ever trashed your beliefs and I hope to set the record straight if that is what you think.

What I was getting at is that all of us have been discussing this and other issues at a very philosophical level. I was under the impression that you were equating the universe to the Egyptian concept of the sky as represented by the goddess Nut. I made the assumption that you had understood what I was talking about. However, in the future I will not be so abstract. It was NOT my intention to offend.

Nox
 #12 
Old 2002-07-22, 15:18
Regular
 
Basking under my light bulb
Default Re: God=Energy

Haha , oh the confusion.
Anyhoo i came to my conclusions through very philosophical thinking i guess im just on a completely different wavelength
 #13 
Old 2002-07-22, 16:52
CuriousMonky CuriousMonky is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: God=Energy

Ok, you did it twice so I'd thought I'd point it out this time. It's the goddess "Nuit". And you were close on comparing it to beanys' statements but not completely accurate considering, Nuit is only half of the story. Nuit, being the goddess that encompasses all. There but not actually their. All meaning the universe, which the egyptions equated with another godform, being male. So here we have duality, male and female, such as the eastern yin and yang, but at the same time they are the same, which is also yin and yang. Ohh, I wish I could remember his name, but, I can't. I just remember that the 'all' that Nuit encompasses is her husband.
 #14 
Old 2002-07-22, 18:04
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: God=Energy

Curious,

On the ceilings of the Pharonic tombs you have Nut (Nuit according to your sources) stretched across the ceiling with stars on her body representing the heavens. This is the analogy I was trying to make with Beany in giving human attributes to the heavens.

Nox
 #15 
Old 2002-07-23, 10:47
Regular
 
Default Re: God=Energy

Beany: We are all atoms in the "body" of God,
Am I close?
 #16 
Old 2002-07-23, 16:03
Regular
 
Basking under my light bulb
Default Re: God=Energy

Yes you are close to what i believe
I see it as the universe is an ocean (Of energy)
And we are likkle ice cubes inside that ocean.

I think perhaps that god is the soul behind the entire universe, and he has sectioned off part of his soul and given it to us. So in fact we are part of gods soul that we are able to control ourselves ie: free will (this is the great gift he gave humans).
 #17 
Old 2002-07-23, 18:15
Fatal Syntax Fatal Syntax is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: God=Energy

Ice cubes?
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics