About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God For discussing any and all religious viewpoints. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Keeping your sense of humor is required. Posting messages about theological paradoxes is encouraged.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-05-22, 15:56
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default I've had a FREAKIN healing!

irrefutable PROOF that god exists!

I was sick on monday, where my... erm... Asthma was acting up. well, I guess I started to realize the truth about things, about god, and that other stuff that Atheists would never understand. It all came to a big climax, when I coughed up a load of fleghm (sic), and after that, all signs of sickness were gone. I'm recovering from other things, as well, but I believe I got help from the higher power to rid myself of this huge error, known as "asthma".

I don't think religion is concentrated on believing in the afterlife. I'm positive that there is an afterlife. I think that we're here to simply live, to express joy and live a good life. Don't be an asshole, don't kill, steal, etc. Don't be racist. love your fellow man (you know what I mean).

Just putting in my 2 cents.

Cheers, TR.
 #2 
Old 2002-05-22, 17:09
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I've had a FREAKIN healing!

Town,

Where were you when Jimmy Swaggart, Jim Baker, et al need a miracle to help fill the collection plates. This is the 22 May 2002 version of Our Lady of Fatima.

Hallelujah and Amen Brother, Jesus Saves, and Go Get One for the Gipper!

Nox
 #3 
Old 2002-05-22, 19:32
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I've had a FREAKIN healing!

I'm just saying, I'm pretty sure it wasn't just coincidence that this little problem simply disappeered!

so go count your beans, buddy, and realize that some of this is real!

[This message has been edited by Township Rebellion (edited 05-22-2002).]
 #4 
Old 2002-05-22, 20:07
Regular
 
Default Re: I've had a FREAKIN healing!

I've recovered from erm...colds without the assistance of any deity. It's called having an immune system.
 #5 
Old 2002-05-22, 20:12
Bogey Man Bogey Man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I've had a FREAKIN healing!

seems quite refutable to me

don't be one of these people who are too insecure about their faith to let others be different.
 #6 
Old 2002-05-22, 22:43
lostmind lostmind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I've had a FREAKIN healing!

"don't be one of these people who are too insecure about their faith to let others be different."


i need to remember this one.
 #7 
Old 2002-05-22, 22:55
confuzious confuzious is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I've had a FREAKIN healing!

So you believe that a higher power exists? Why must it take the form of god? Just because there are forces greater than man, and maybe even supernatural, doesn't mean we have to beleive in "the guy in the sky". I call myself an athiest, but i never said there definitly are no supernatural forces. I just don't believe that any higher power that might exist is accuratly represented as "god".
 #8 
Old 2002-05-22, 23:39
Regular
 
Default Re: I've had a FREAKIN healing!

quote:
Originally posted by confuzious:
I just don't believe that any higher power that might exist is accuratly represented as "god".


I agree 100%.

Why choose a tainted label for your... whatever it is.

 #9 
Old 2002-05-23, 00:11
soullace soullace is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I've had a FREAKIN healing!

Getting better doesn't prove who or what did it. You have jumped to a conclusion based on your faith. Their is nothing wrong with you believing this... but it is in no way proof of anything but the ablity for the human body to heal itself.
 #10 
Old 2002-05-23, 16:39
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I've had a FREAKIN healing!

lol

you people don't get it. I've had this Asthma for almost a year, and it was getting worse. then, it simply disappeers. without warning, or anything. I don't think the human body can heal up that quick.
 #11 
Old 2002-05-23, 19:23
Bogey Man Bogey Man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I've had a FREAKIN healing!

You'd be amazed
 #12 
Old 2002-05-23, 19:37
soullace soullace is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I've had a FREAKIN healing!

Sounds like your body had over a year to heal the asthma, i don't see that as suddenly being cured. Maybe i can't see it because im dumb and i don't have faith.
 #13 
Old 2002-05-23, 21:07
Impulses Impulses is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I've had a FREAKIN healing!

This is how religion is developed... Something strange happens and we need a way to explain it. Yup god cured your asthma... sure.
 #14 
Old 2002-05-24, 14:40
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I've had a FREAKIN healing!

to each his own

why are all these athiests here? this is a place for religious people.
 #15 
Old 2002-05-24, 15:08
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I've had a FREAKIN healing!

What? Is this like a restricted are to all non-religious people?
 #16 
Old 2002-05-24, 16:18
Impulses Impulses is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I've had a FREAKIN healing!

You don't have to have a religion to discuss it.

 #17 
Old 2002-05-24, 18:17
Regular
 
NJ
Default Re: I've had a FREAKIN healing!

LoL "dont be an asshole and dont be racist." LOL. Im sure when your soul is judged, wether or not you chose to hang around blacks is of prime importance.
 #18 
Old 2002-05-24, 18:51
soullace soullace is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I've had a FREAKIN healing!

"why are all these athiests here? this is a place for religious people."

You don't need to have faith to dicuss faith. Besides the whole point of this forum is to have religious arguments. "My god can beat the shit out of your god", if that doesn't say it i don't know what will.
 #19 
Old 2002-05-24, 20:37
Bogey Man Bogey Man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I've had a FREAKIN healing!

whats the point of having a bunch of people who agree with you?
 #20 
Old 2002-05-24, 21:13
lostmind lostmind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I've had a FREAKIN healing!

it'd be a liberal paradise.
 #21 
Old 2002-05-31, 04:52
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I've had a FREAKIN healing!

hmmm... good point.

PS. I just put that "don't be racist" in there for kicks... I'm not racist, And I don't think god figured on making one top race of human. I figure he just wanted to screw with the human body... make a few variants, so's we all aren't boring looking. so there's some interesting shit to watch, IMO.

Anyways

I'm no hippy
sorry to scare you

topic closed.
 #22 
Old 2002-06-03, 21:18
Regular
 
Default Re: I've had a FREAKIN healing!

quote:
Originally posted by Township Rebellion:
irrefutable PROOF that god exists!


quote:
Originally posted by Township Rebellion:
why are all these athiests here? this is a place for religious people.


quote:
Originally posted by Township Rebellion:
topic closed.


Cut 'topic'. Paste 'mind'.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics