About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God For discussing any and all religious viewpoints. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Keeping your sense of humor is required. Posting messages about theological paradoxes is encouraged.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-05-21, 00:51
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default I need your help on this..

The Science of the Damned is not the right forum for this question. Since most of you will see the follow-on from the answer, here goes.

I need an explaination of why we on earth can observe blue-shifted galaxies.

Since everything started off with the big bang, and everything is moving outward from a central point, why can we see a blue-shifted galaxy? Any galaxy moving faster than ours would already be in front of us and we would only see the red-shift.

j0667 tried to explain this to me in another topic, but the picture wouldn't come up on my computer screen.

I have thought about this much, and the concept of a blue-shifted galaxy visible from earth, eludes me. Please help!

Nox

 #2 
Old 2002-05-21, 01:10
Axlenemo Axlenemo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I need your help on this..

Don't you hate it when someone leaves a message that does not know what your talking about.I was just trying to be friendly Ellicit knowledge is a hobby of mine along with many others if it offends you that is not my intent.I joined for the information as you did.Sorry I can't be of help.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics