About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God For discussing any and all religious viewpoints. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Keeping your sense of humor is required. Posting messages about theological paradoxes is encouraged.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
This particular thread is a partial recovery - page 1 of its original capture was never archived, so some posts from that page are missing below.
 #1 
Old 2002-05-17, 00:18
Bogey Man Bogey Man is offline
Regular
 
Default Someone. . .

Rodney?
 #2 
Old 2002-05-17, 00:40
Fred Madison Fred Madison is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Someone. . .

"Suck it faggot. Thats like saying calling someone an ass is offensive and demeaning to animal life. Show some respect for the planet man."

Donkeys aren't going to care! They're animals. But homosexuals are humans, they understand human language. It's a different situation you idiot.

"You are one gay bastard when you see a problem with using the wordgay in mockery."

You're one fucking idiot if you don't see the problem.

"Motherfucker? Sexual orientation isn't relevant to this discussion, didn't you hear?"

Do you mean motherfucking is a sexual orientation? Because it isn't.

 #3 
Old 2002-05-17, 13:13
Regular
 
NJ
Default Re: Someone. . .

Using the fact that someone has sex with their mother to insult them is the same thing as mocking someone with the word gay. Isnt it a pain in the ass when people get technical and argue dumb shit like that instead of the point of the argument? Thought so.
 #4 
Old 2002-05-17, 14:11
Fred Madison Fred Madison is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Someone. . .

There isn't a couple of motherfuckers in here that are so proud of their actions that they would be offended by someone using motherfucker as an insult.

You're just being silly. What I'm talking about is real.
 #5 
Old 2002-05-18, 00:38
Bogey Man Bogey Man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Someone. . .

there are better ways to handle situations, name calling is childish
 #6 
Old 2002-05-18, 00:40
Regular
 
NJ
Default Re: Someone. . .

You just called us children...
 #7 
Old 2002-05-18, 01:41
Bogey Man Bogey Man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Someone. . .

almost a paradox isn't it?
it was too general though
 #8 
Old 2002-05-19, 11:34
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Someone. . .

I will now do something unusual, I will try to go back to the topic.

quote:
Originally posted by Bogey Man:
Someone said something to me today, which surprised me coming out of a strong catholic, that I thought could benefit a lot of the close minded atheists and theists in this forum

"I think everyone should believe what makes them happy, and stop trying to change everyone elses minds"

Besides, what fun is uniformity?



I have to question the assertion that the statement was made by a "strong catholic". I would guess that this person failed catechism class. That attitude, or I should say part of that attitude, is totally protestant...the rest existentialist.

Nox
 #9 
Old 2002-05-19, 15:12
Bogey Man Bogey Man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Someone. . .

yes, thats why I said it was unusual, most strong catholics I know believe everyone different is going to hell.
 #10 
Old 2002-05-20, 01:17
Regular
 
VA
Default Re: Someone. . .

If you were referring to the honorable LIA (forum.lifeisannoying.com), Defiant, I would like to point out that we possess valid greivances with you for your choice of words. It shows little style to phrase your arguments in such manner.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics