About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God For discussing any and all religious viewpoints. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Keeping your sense of humor is required. Posting messages about theological paradoxes is encouraged.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-04-20, 18:04
Bogey Man Bogey Man is offline
Regular
 
Default thoughts

this post is directed towards atheists

what is it that brought you to not believing in God?

for me it was the fact that the only reason i was believing in God was because i had been brought up to believe in hime by my parents, and the only reason they did was because their parents had brought them up to also, etc. The only thing that continued my belief was Fear, but then i realized i was contradicting myself. the last blow to theism was after listening to all the people around me and they were all saying they didnt believe in certain facets of their religion and i realized that they were all just altering their religion so that they could get to heaven without any work. its easy to say you think murder is a sin, because you dont plan on killing anyone, but they were all constantly searching for ways to bipass the other 9.
 #2 
Old 2002-04-21, 04:34
Fred Madison Fred Madison is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: thoughts

Nothing brought me to it. I've always been an atheist. From when I was little to now. Didn't have any religious influence. I didn't know that I was an atheist when I was little but I knew I had no belief in god.
 #3 
Old 2002-04-23, 21:11
Regular
 
Default Re: thoughts

quote:
Originally posted by Bogey Man:
... what is it that brought you to not believing in God?


After the truth about Santa Claus was revealed to me, I then surmised that the Easter Bunny was merely an icon also. Jesus was out the door by the next day.

Later in life, Dad would reveal his atheism to me, after letting me decide on my own.
 #4 
Old 2002-04-23, 21:36
t0ne t0ne is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: thoughts

Meh, I used to be a Jehovah's Witness and basically from the 16 years I've been alive, it's been the same thing.
"Armageddon is coming, it's creeping down our necks!" Bullshit, I've always believed that there has never been a god, there's just no evidence...
 #5 
Old 2002-04-24, 00:28
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: thoughts

Yes, I stole this from humor.com

Atheist

A young lady came home very sad from a date. She told her mother,
"Anthony proposed to me an hour ago."

"Then why are you so sad?" her mother asked.

"Because he also told me he is an atheist. Mom, he doesn't even
believe there's a Hell."

Her mother replied, "Marry him anyway. Between the two of us, we'll
show him how wrong he is."

Nox


 #6 
Old 2002-04-24, 11:07
CuriousMonky CuriousMonky is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: thoughts

LOL.

That's what I'm talking about.
 #7 
Old 2002-04-24, 22:18
Bogey Man Bogey Man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: thoughts

lol, that's great
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics