|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God For discussing any and all religious viewpoints. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Keeping your sense of humor is required. Posting messages about theological paradoxes is encouraged. |
 |
|
#1
 2002-04-19, 12:25
|
Nox 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Three questions
On another topic I asked Lost Cause three questions. Great responses. Majik asked me the same questions. Now I'm interested in others responses to the same questions.
1. Do you believe in the God of a particular religion?
2. Do you believe in a God who is "that which is greater than man"?
3. Do you believe in a personal God?
Nox
|
|
#2
 2002-04-19, 18:44
|
SolitaryPsycho 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Three questions
I am not too sure about who these questions are aimed at, but I'll reply seeing as nobody else has yet  1. Do you believe in the God of a particular religion? Certainly not. Organised religions totally go against any beliefs/theories I have. I do not understand how somebody can read something from a book, or be told by parents/family member etc, and then believe it. When younger, I was a christian, until I discovered my own mind, and got in touch with my true feelings. I think the bible is the most contradicting, bookful of bullshit I have ever read. God and Satan. God supposedly judges your life once you have died, depending on what he thinks, you'll go to heaven if you've been good, and hell if you've been bad. Well surely anyone that judges people on their mistakes, and sends them to a fiery hell, where they shall burn for eternity is actually the bad guy? Heaven and hell I think are merely scare tactics, a desperate attempt to keep society under control. This is moving away from the question anyway, so moving on... 2. Do you believe in a God who is greater than man? God to me is man. I believe god was created by man as a lesson of sorts. (I am referring to the god(s) from organised religions) I haven't studied maybe religions. Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism and Wicca. It seems to me like a way of life, not living how you want, but how someone else wants you to live, and you go along with it because you are scared of burning in hell. Fucked up huh? 3. Do you believe in a personal God? My theories on god: I do not have a religion, I am a spiritual person, I live life how I want to live it, making mistakes and breaking rules is the only way to learn. If you spend your life worrying about what a book says, how shallow will it be? You'll die without learning, which is terrible, as I think that is the purpose of life - a learning experience. I believe a lot in energy. Positive and negative. It's what works the world. What is negative now, will be turned around eventually and become positive, and vice versa. The good things in life are bad for us, but it works the other way too. The bad things in life are good for us, as it all helps us to learn about life. If I had to say I believed in a 'god' I'd say nature - mother earth. All things that are here naturally. The sun keeps us alive, as does rain. I am thankful to nature, because without it, we wouldn't be here. So long story short - what a god is to you, is what energy and nature is to me. I recently discovered the taoist philosophy is very simular to me theories. When I say I believe in something, I mean that I feel it. I do not believe in anything, because once you believe something, you close your mind to it, because you THINK that you understand it, when understanding anything, would actually take several lifetimes. Everything is so so complex. Even the seemingly simple things. Well I'm gunna end this, before it turns into a damn essay. I new I should have stayed away from 'religion'. I understand if nobody reads this 
|
|
#3
 2002-04-19, 20:11
|
|
Regular
|
|
Basking under my light bulb
|
|
Re: Three questions
1. Do you believe in the God of a particular religion?
No. I believe in god but i think religeons (amongst other things) were ways to scare people into following the truths god has shown us. Take jesus for example. I believe he existed and all the wisdom he preached was fantastic, but people slightly misunderstood some of it and the church has tried to force us to follow his wisdom or else we'll go to hell. I believe when jesus told us to 'have faith' he actually meant have faith in his wisdom.
2. Do you believe in a God who is "that which is greater than man"?
I wouldnt say he is greater than man. Since i believe god is everything that exists and all of gods creation is of equal value. I believe god created all the laws of the universe and all that you see are results of those laws. I believe in the begining god was simply a mind that knew everything. You could say he is was everything that existed in 1 compact little package. He then created everything as himself but over a wide range. ie: he is temperature and he created the infinate stretches of temperature that we all are aware of. In the begining the concept was in his mind but not of a physical existence. You get my drift.
3. Do you believe in a personal God?
Im a bit unsure what this question means. Basically i think god exists as everything. And since he is everything, he knows everything. Since he is everyything he knows exactly how energy moves and reacts and by this he knows exactly what will happen in the future.
I think there are lots of missinterpreted ideas about god. And that is why so many people are sceptical. I guess what i believe is very similar to what solitary psycho believes
Beany
[This message has been edited by Beany (edited 04-19-2002).]
|
|
#4
 2002-04-20, 00:46
|
|
|
Re: Three questions
1. I have my own ideas on god(s), and, although some of my ideas are obviously influenced by some religions (Buddhism, Wicca, Asatru), I don't stick to one belief structure or system.
2. I am not so sure on this. I just have ideas, some completely contradict others. So some ideas of mine, yes there is a being that is greater than man, but other ideas are something like all life and energy is part of a central force, which isn't good nor evil, yet is omnipresent.
3. In most of my ideas, yes.
|
|
#5
 2002-04-20, 01:59
|
CuriousMonky 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Three questions
Ok, here goes, no(I don't classify Buddhism as a religion), no/yes, yes/no. P.S. I'm not Buddhist. well, now that that's satisfied, anything else?
|
|
#6
 2002-04-20, 03:12
|
lostmind 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Three questions
1. no, i do not believe in religion.
2.yes, i do believe in god, man is nothing anyway, so he must be greater than man.
3. personal god? no, he is the god of all.
|
|
#7
 2002-04-20, 22:34
|
|
|
Re: Three questions
1. Yes. I worship a God worshipped by a religion.
2. Of course, otherwise he wouldn't be God. He'd be johnny-down-the-street.
3. Yes and No. I believe in a God that can't be pinned down with silly questions. I believe in a God that cares about each and every person. Yes.
|
|
#8
 2002-04-23, 19:04
|
|
|
Re: Three questions
1. Do you believe in the God of a particular religion?
Yes and No. I dont think all religions are legitimate. The truest expression of any Creator is Nature. Religions that work with nature are real. Religions that renounce it (Christianity, Wicca, Judaism, etc, etc) are not coming close to the intent of the Creator.
2. Do you believe in a God who is "that which is greater than man"?
Yes. Otherwise, how is it a god?
3. Do you believe in a personal God? You mean a God that rules over just me? I believe there are different creative forces that rule different things, but they are probably part of a greater whole. Those forces will listen to me if I will it and if I understand them enough to hear them.
|
|
#9
 2002-04-23, 21:01
|
|
|
Re: Three questions
No
No
No
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|