About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God For discussing any and all religious viewpoints. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Keeping your sense of humor is required. Posting messages about theological paradoxes is encouraged.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-02-13, 07:08
guardgirl guardgirl is offline
Regular
 
Default My Boyfriend's mother thinks i'm going to kill her cat

Why are there so many sterotypes in the world?
I've found such structure practicing wicca.
It feels so pure, clean, just right for me.
But someone always has to have a problem with the good things in you life.
My boyfriend's mother is afraid for me to meet her. We've been dating for over a year, and we felt we should meet each other's parents. But he told her that I didn't feel comfortable going to church. She asked why and he told her that i practiced wicca. She thinks i don't belive in god. she thinks i'm going to sacrifice her cat. she thinks i'm going to cast spells on her! Maybe it's just the generation gap. does anyone else feel that gap on them?
 #2 
Old 2002-02-13, 08:54
Regular
 
Basking under my light bulb
Default Re: My Boyfriend's mother thinks i'm going to kill her cat

So tell her all about it
explain it aint bad
And could you direct me to a site where i could find info on it pls
sounds intrestin
Beany
 #3 
Old 2002-02-13, 09:53
lostmind lostmind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My Boyfriend's mother thinks i'm going to kill her cat

probably because very little is known of wicca,

and most wiccan's i've met are either a little off the wall talking about upsetting the spirit of the earth, or what i tend to call weather patterns.

or put no thought at all into it, just liked the allure of being thought of as a witch.
 #4 
Old 2002-02-13, 18:39
Regular
 
Basking under my light bulb
Default Re: My Boyfriend's mother thinks i'm going to kill her cat

OH MY GOD SHE'S A WITCH?????
Burn her
 #5 
Old 2002-02-13, 21:35
soullace soullace is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My Boyfriend's mother thinks i'm going to kill her cat

"she turned me into a newt!...well i got better."

sarcasm warning...

You can always tell her you don't sacrafice cats you only sacrafice small children :]

Seriously the only thing you can hope to do is explain it to her and help her understand how you feel about it.
 #6 
Old 2002-02-14, 01:55
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My Boyfriend's mother thinks i'm going to kill her cat

just tell her to fuck off. if a person cant even respect anothers religious beliefs then they dont deserve to live let alone have their ass kissed. telol her your going to fuck her son, kill him, and eat him.
 #7 
Old 2002-02-14, 02:10
Regular
 
Default Re: My Boyfriend's mother thinks i'm going to kill her cat

syphon,

to be rude to the inunformed accomplishes nothing. education does. telling her to fuck off also won't quite further their relationship.
 #8 
Old 2002-02-14, 07:45
Gravehead Gravehead is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My Boyfriend's mother thinks i'm going to kill her cat

People are afraid of what they don't understand. Wicca, as far as what it teaches about living life, isn't very different from Christianity. Get the truth to her, she should open up. Or remain close-minded, some people just suck.
 #9 
Old 2002-02-14, 17:15
junglist junglist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My Boyfriend's mother thinks i'm going to kill her cat

just watch out, a house could fall on you.
 #10 
Old 2002-02-15, 03:38
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My Boyfriend's mother thinks i'm going to kill her cat

quote:
Originally posted by Bar room hero:
syphon,

to be rude to the inunformed accomplishes nothing. education does. telling her to fuck off also won't quite further their relationship.



yeah that was just a joke. but seriously just let her know the way you feel and that your not going to change. you can still eat her pets
 #11 
Old 2002-02-15, 04:07
PoisonFishGirl PoisonFishGirl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My Boyfriend's mother thinks i'm going to kill her cat

The woman is obviously an ill-informed dumbass.

Ok she thinks that Wicca is evil and evil people don't believe in God.

And she's obviously a Christian of some sort hence the Church statement.

Doesn't it click with her that Satan is the ultimate evil and even HE believes in God!?
 #12 
Old 2002-02-15, 06:24
guardgirl guardgirl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My Boyfriend's mother thinks i'm going to kill her cat

quote:
Originally posted by PoisonFishGirl:
Doesn't it click with her that Satan is the ultimate evil and even HE believes in God!?


Wow, never thought of it that way. Thats a wonderfull statement to help with the explanation. And thanks for the help, and the jokes. I needed my mood lightened
 #13 
Old 2002-02-15, 20:19
amanda amanda is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My Boyfriend's mother thinks i'm going to kill her cat


i say you eat her
 #14 
Old 2002-02-17, 05:18
LostCause1 LostCause1 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My Boyfriend's mother thinks i'm going to kill her cat

You know, (it's funny looking back on it, but it was really kind of scary at the time) about two years ago I was living with my "girlfriend" at the time in a down town apartment, and we often went to dark clubs and wore a lot of black and a lot of leather. So, we meet this guy who lives in the apartment: Michael.

We think he's pretty cool. We hung out on the roof a lot, smoking, drinking. We often invited up people we saw passing on the street to smoke and drink with us. Sometimes we found ourselves with full blown parties up there, and he often attended. He brought his cat up every night anyways to let it walk around. So, we talked quite a bit and we figured we were friends, right?

Well, this one day he comes up onto the roof and see's my girl and I, and we gave him a beer and he smoked us out. So, we were kind of high and he tells us

"You know, I have to go now, but I don't want to take my cat in. Can you take it in with you, girls, when you go back inside?" Of course, we're friends, so we say

"Sure!" So, Michael leaves and we play with the cat a while and talk about how nice it is that we've made such a cool friend in the apartment and then, come night fall we go back inside.

An hour or so later she and I are getting ready to leave, dressed in black leather from head to toe when he comes banging on the door in a fury. He can't find his cat and the first thing he does is accuse us of hurting his cat.

"I know all about you freaks." He remarks and then threatens to call the police on us for underage drinking and prostitution. So, of course, (mostly in defense of my girl) say

"We are NOT prostitutes! And we would NEVER hurt your cat!" The idea was utterly ridiculous.

The guy says "If I don't find my cat... If you hurt one HAIR on my cats HEAD I'll KILL you!" And he meant it. "You better FIND my CAT!" Damn. And, certainly, my girl and I feel awful. First off, we thought Michael and us were friends. We had no idea that he was actually harbouring some ideas that we were actually cat killing freak prostitutes. And on top of having this hurting our feelings, he threatened to call the cops on us, and kill us. But, more than anything we were upset that we couldn't find that cat.

But, we were sure we'd brought it in. Still, niether one of us could remember bringing it in. We had been high at the time, but it just wasn't the kind of thing we would've forgotten. So, finally, we decide 'fuck it' and we go in. I write down our numbers and go downstairs and give it to the guys girlfriend as I can hear him in the background screaming about us nuking his beloved feline.

After that we attempted to go out and have a good time, but were thwarted by our own pointless guilt. We'd done nothing wrong, yet we felt as though we did. So, finally, we just went back home and found Michael standing in the hallway in front of our apartment with his arms crossed over his chest.

We seriously thought it was the end of us. I asked

"Are you okay, Michael?" Then he suddenly smiled and embraced us both.

We flinched.

"I'm sorry, you guys." He was all happy now. "I didn't mean to flip out on you. I didn't mean any of those things I said."

"So," I start. "you find your cat?"

"She'd gotten stuck in the janitors closet." He said and then laughed.

"I'm sorry. I really am. I know you wouldn't hurt my cat, girls."

"Certainly, we'd never hurt your cat." I say.

"You're our friend, Michael." My girl says. "We'd never hurt your cat."

"Well, I was out of line." He opologizes.

"It's okay." I say, trying not to shake with fear. What a psycho! Who knew what he'd do next? "Don't think about it. I'm sure loosing your cat could be very traumatic."

"Well, I was out of line. I didn't mean those things. Forgive me?"

"Yea... sure." I say and then we go inside without even saying good-bye. My girl says to me

"He meant those things. You could tell."

We avoided him forever, after that. But, well, there's my cat killing story. Though, I'm not sure why he thought we were going to kill his cat. I don't know if he thought we were "witches" or what. Also, I don't know of any Wiccan practices that involve killing cats... do you? If I ever find his cat again, I might take advantage of it.

Cheers,
Lost
 #15 
Old 2002-02-18, 10:15
PoisonFishGirl PoisonFishGirl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My Boyfriend's mother thinks i'm going to kill her cat

Great story Shakespeare.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics