About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God For discussing any and all religious viewpoints. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Keeping your sense of humor is required. Posting messages about theological paradoxes is encouraged.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-02-09, 03:10
JimmyBiz JimmyBiz is offline
Regular
 
Default Chaos Magic

I am opening this topic to discuss and learn more about Chaos Magic. Has anybody heard of, practice, or dabble in magic?

Chaos Magic is a general term to describe the act of channeling the will to alter reality. It can be used with any religious or pagan theology, as it really has none of its own. It is more a matter of believing in your personal system and in your self.

So far I have only read about it. I would like to get a good discussion started. This is magic in a generic sense. Chaos magic can incorporate other pagan, wiccan, or theological rituals and beliefs. If you have anything to add please post it!
 #2 
Old 2002-02-09, 09:44
Regular
 
Basking under my light bulb
Default Re: Chaos Magic

I aint heard of it personallybut this website www.spellsandmagic.com
is v good at all sorts of spell related stuff. I dont think chaos magic is their tho
 #3 
Old 2002-02-09, 19:53
Gravehead Gravehead is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chaos Magic

There are books about it. Just check out any store that carries that kind of stuff.
 #4 
Old 2002-02-09, 20:05
JimmyBiz JimmyBiz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chaos Magic

thanks
What i really meant is I am looking for people who have done these rituals and have some experience to talk to.
 #5 
Old 2002-02-10, 02:20
solo solo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chaos Magic

yes i have and i use it alot
 #6 
Old 2002-02-10, 02:42
JimmyBiz JimmyBiz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chaos Magic

solo:
Where would u recommend a beginner to start? I have done some reading but don't really have an idea where to begin. Any suggestions- what is a good beginner exercise? Do you know of a good source of information?
 #7 
Old 2002-02-11, 08:43
PoisonFishGirl PoisonFishGirl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chaos Magic

Yeh I've done magick before too and it's horrible. You have no idea how many demons follow you around afterwards. It's not nice, don't get into it if you can avoid it.

 #8 
Old 2002-02-13, 03:23
solo solo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chaos Magic

metitate, do it alot you would be suprized how much it helps. poisonfishgirl there are banishing spells that would take care of that problum if you went to the site spellsandmagic.com it tells you how to use them
 #9 
Old 2002-02-13, 10:01
lostmind lostmind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chaos Magic

magic?

how old are you people?
 #10 
Old 2002-02-13, 21:38
soullace soullace is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chaos Magic

and beliving in god isn't as insane?
 #11 
Old 2002-02-13, 22:02
JimmyBiz JimmyBiz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chaos Magic

I read some of the articles on spellsandmagi.com. I tried some of the dreams and meditation stuff and got some very strong vivid experiences right away. My first meditation attempt I very slowly counted backwards from 100. I slowed my breathing. I never made it to 0. I got colder and numb, and I just stopped thinking. Then had visions of myself as a white statue. Ocassionally I would flash back to my body lying in bed. The feeling was unique and very powerful for first try.
The only thing that bothers me is how everything is represented either as evil/satan or goodness/god. I have never come accross anything in reality that is good or evil. I think it is a matter of perspective. Anything is possible. We make up the rules as we go along.
 #12 
Old 2002-02-13, 22:11
lostmind lostmind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chaos Magic

yeah but soullace,

my god doesn't manipulate matter and reconstruct dna,

to turn you into a toad.

my doesn't interfere with the thoughts of others to cause my boss to fire me, as if cursed.

my god doesn't hide behind a burning bush and tell one man the secrets of the world while the rest sin.

my god doesn't promise you 72 virgins if you sacrifice yourself in his name.

my god says,

it's your shit,

deal with it.
 #13 
Old 2002-02-14, 18:11
soullace soullace is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chaos Magic

i know what you mean lostmind. It's just personally i consider magic and god on the same level of possibility.
 #14 
Old 2002-02-14, 23:21
PSYCHO_KILLER PSYCHO_KILLER is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chaos Magic

CHECK OUT MY TOPIC ON THIS SUBJECT PEOPLE ITS QUITE INTERESTING ITS UNDER THE HEADING
********THERE IS NO GOD-END OF STORY********
 #15 
Old 2002-02-15, 09:00
lostmind lostmind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chaos Magic

i however consider magic and religion have the same possibility.
 #16 
Old 2002-02-18, 10:27
PoisonFishGirl PoisonFishGirl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chaos Magic

Solo, banishing spells do NOT work!!!

Ok here's the deal: When you work a spell, you're getting a demon (spirit, whatever) to do your bidding for you. Once that spirit is done with the task, it DOES stay with you.

By doing a banishing spell, you're just getting a bigger, stronger, nastier spirit to get rid of the last one!! Which, in turn, will stay with you!! See the vicious cycle here?!

Trust me, I've seen it for myself.
 #17 
Old 2002-02-21, 02:42
PsychicDrifter PsychicDrifter is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chaos Magic

I've played with Chaos magic a bit myself...for a beginner, I'd recommend Peter Carroll's "Liber Null and Psychonaut." It's pretty easy to find. I mean, my local metaphysical bookstore carries it, and basically they just have Wiccan and mainstream religion stuff. Anyway, Liber MMM outlines an excellent program for a beginner to start with, and Carroll is a very entertaining writer.

Anyway, I'm no real magical scholar or anything...I guess I'm pretty well-read, but mostly I just play with what works or is fun. Still, if you want to talk to me some more, feel free to e-mail me at the address in the little header of this or at asp@iu.zzn.com.

[This message has been edited by PsychicDrifter (edited 02-21-2002).]
 #18 
Old 2002-02-24, 10:55
solo solo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chaos Magic

when using magic you dont use a demond most of the time and i think you were paranoid or something because magick will work the way you want if you believe and trust it
I've played with Chaos magick a bit myself...
I just play with what works or is fun.
i dont think thats a good idea you shouldn't "play" with magick
 #19 
Old 2002-02-24, 20:28
PsychicDrifter PsychicDrifter is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chaos Magic

When you've fucked with your mind as much as I have, believe me, everything is a game. I find myself unable to take anything very seriously. Thus, all I really can do is play.

Nothing is so important that it can't be laughed at.
 #20 
Old 2002-02-25, 00:13
JuNgLiZeD PuLsE JuNgLiZeD PuLsE is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chaos Magic

quote:
Originally posted by lostmind:
magic?

how old are you people?




Accually the correct spelling is magick not to be confused with magic which is the term used to refer to a magician magic aka pulling a rabbit out of a hat ...

Ps- i dont like chaos magick .. its a little too flippy for me lol
 #21 
Old 2002-02-25, 01:54
neverright neverright is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chaos Magic

quote:
Originally posted by PsychicDrifter:
When you've fucked with your mind as much as I have, believe me, everything is a game. I find myself unable to take anything very seriously. Thus, all I really can do is play.

Nothing is so important that it can't be laughed at.



I can relate.

 #22 
Old 2002-02-26, 02:51
PsychicDrifter PsychicDrifter is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Chaos Magic

Neh, I personally don't care whether it's spelled "magick" or "magic"...seems kind of silly to debate about to me, but I am posting a reply, so I guess I'm not one to talk. ;-x

To be honest, I sometimes leave off the 'k' primarily to piss Very Serious Magicians off. But that's probably just because I like to purposely annoy people (especially online) and then act all surprised that they get mad. So there's my confession; don't let me annoy you.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics