About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God For discussing any and all religious viewpoints. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Keeping your sense of humor is required. Posting messages about theological paradoxes is encouraged.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-02-09, 02:49
j0662 j0662 is offline
Regular
 
Default Hell

How many christians here belive that if you dont worship the christian God you will go to hell?
 #2 
Old 2002-02-09, 03:03
JimmyBiz JimmyBiz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Hell

Hi Jo
I have recently stared reading the bible. -more like browsing. I am starting to see the whole bible/christian thing from a new perspective. Angels and demons as travelers from parrallel realities. I think these might be the same entities people call aliens now, or similar.

There is alot in the bible to indicate some of these beings reside in nightmarish habitation "down below". The alien/ ufo conspiracies all deal with underground cities where these beings live. I think the truth is somewhere in between. This could very well be the origins of "Hell".

These "people" disobeyed orders from their authority and were banished to earth. The bible says Lucifer was second in command and controlled the "gates between the spiritual realms", but was "banished to the earthly realm" along with his "men". They had mated with human women and the result was a race of monsters and giants.

There are also places in the bible that describe machines and spaceships. Check out Ezekiel, Revelation, and enoch. If I am right, then the governments of the world are in league with these beings, helping them to fulfill whatever plans they have for us poor humans. what do you think?
 #3 
Old 2002-02-09, 04:25
DUDE DUDE is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Hell

Ever seen that evil glint in Dubya's eyes. Yeah he's in league with the devil alright. I can believe that.
He has a clever coverup. He disguises the giants as basketball players and makes the monsters wear masks and growl and pretend to be musicians - hence Slipknot.
 #4 
Old 2002-02-11, 08:53
PoisonFishGirl PoisonFishGirl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Hell

Yeh I believe it.
 #5 
Old 2002-02-12, 01:53
Rustysickle Rustysickle is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Hell

I always thought that hell is the absence of God. Since it was said that God leads to joy, then its absence must be the opposite of joy. So hell must be a place of despair.

Personally, I am not so sure if one goes to hell if one did not worship God. I guess this leads to a common christian question of whether good works or faith alone can lead to salvation. If a person is a total atheist and he lives so nobly that he can be compared to a saint, where does he go? I suppose it all depends on one's beliefs.

I am sure that in the atheist's case, he could care less.
 #6 
Old 2002-02-14, 01:59
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Hell

I always thought that hell is the absence of God. Since it was said that God leads to joy, then its absence must be the opposite of joy. So hell must be a place of despair.

by that definition an atheist on this earth would be in hell because there is a total absence of god in his or her life.
 #7 
Old 2002-02-14, 02:07
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Hell

btw you could make a valid argument for that.
 #8 
Old 2002-02-14, 02:12
Regular
 
Default Re: Hell

i also believe in what the first post says, but i ALSO believe that God can do whatever the hell he wants. if he wills someone who is a pagan to go to heaven, so be it. there's nothing stopping him.
 #9 
Old 2002-02-14, 17:30
Regular
 
NJ
Default Re: Hell

What about Jupiter or Marduk?
 #10 
Old 2002-02-14, 22:44
Regular
 
Brussels, Belgium
Default Re: Hell

I thought God was perfect and immune to the negative human emotion of vacillation Bar Room.
 #11 
Old 2002-02-14, 23:19
PSYCHO_KILLER PSYCHO_KILLER is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Hell

CHECK OUT MY TOPIC ON THIS SUBJECT PEOPLE ITS QUITE INTERESTING ITS UNDER THE HEADING
********THERE IS NO GOD-END OF STORY********
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics