quote:
simple point being, there is no logical divination of the 'truth' at this point in time.
Actually, yes. We could LOGICALLY assert that there is no "god" here because there is not proof of such thing. It will fit the model until proven otherwise and that's how science likes to work things. Patch jobs upon patch jobs until the whole structure is so rotten and infested with termites that it much be completely rebuilt.
quote:
Yer angry at god for giving you a tough life, so you disavow him.
A consumerized culture, like ours, is constantly infused with wash about how life
should be easy... As long as you have this great new invention. It's not only a mop, but it also acts as a wheel lock for your automobile! No more searching for the Club when you're trying to clean up last night's vomit! AMAZING! A paint roller that actually pumps paint into the roller without you having to bother with dipping it in the paint tray! Now painting your home is a SNAP!
I didn't know where you were going with that so I just added something fun.
quote:
You don't understand how god could exist in the scientific method, so you destroy him with conditional knowledge.
Conditional what? A diety can fit into any scientific model. None can account for the creative force behind the creation of energy. Coulda been a god. Coulda been a juicy fart from a parallel universe. You can never be too sure. I tend to think I did it on accident when I dropped a hammer on my foot, and time is just cyclical.
Did you know that when you fart into the air, birds from miles away will start to sing? Song birds, of course is what I mean.
quote:
You have a religous experience and spend the rest of your life knowing there is a god.
Let's discuss the area of what it is to know and how one can know they know and if you can know anything and, if you can't, how do you know?
quote:
You've been raised from birth to know that there's a place for you in heaven.
I was raised to know that there was a place for me on earth. My teachers tried to scare me with hell, though. I have premarrital sex.
quote:
None of this is intellectual reasoning.
Well, fuck you too!
quote:
The existence of god isn't anything that can be resolved on an intellectual level in a forum of discussion.
It can if all parties agree.
quote:
It's a long, personal discovery, and nothing other people throw at you in argument will be effective.
Some philosophies think argument is a key to understanding the self. What you mean is when people argue to convince a party that their view is the correct one. Agrument for argument's sake is better than god's own hand grenade!
And who says it has to be long? WHO ARE YOU TO TELL ME HOW TO LIVE MY LIFE, HUH?! I'M LEAVING CALIFORNIA AND YOU'LL NEVER GET A CHANCE TO MEET ME AGAIN AND DOES THAT MAKE YOU FEEL GOOD? IO