About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God For discussing any and all religious viewpoints. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Keeping your sense of humor is required. Posting messages about theological paradoxes is encouraged.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2001-11-03, 07:50
sedqon sedqon is offline
Regular
 
Default Dumb Christian people

I dont know any intelligent christian people. does anyone?
 #2 
Old 2001-11-03, 10:17
soullace soullace is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dumb Christian people

Christans, like any group of people have smart people and really dumb people. The belief in god(s) might seem silly to me, but i do not think someone is stupid for having faith in (a) god(s). You must have faith in something. Rather it be science or religion or whatever, faith is the basis of what we use to find what is TRUE(right) or FALSE(wrong). As a techo-geek side note: morality in its final form is binary; either right or wrong.

I personally have faith in my intellegence and in proof. This is so i can apply a rational mind to reality.
 #3 
Old 2001-11-04, 02:49
nsolitude nsolitude is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dumb Christian people

quote:
Originally posted by sedqon:
I dont know any intelligent christian people. does anyone?


Blessed are those who lack perception, for they shall inherit the delusion of 'intelligence'.
 #4 
Old 2001-11-04, 04:56
JCX JCX is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dumb Christian people

I'm an intelligent christian you son of a bitch.
 #5 
Old 2001-11-04, 12:01
Regular
 
Brussels, Belgium
Default Re: Dumb Christian people

Some atheists are dogmatic, generalizing, idiotic bigots.
 #6 
Old 2001-11-04, 13:36
alwayswrong alwayswrong is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dumb Christian people

I've been thinking about this for a while now and, I reckon that those of us non-believers and believers-non ought, when we visit this forum, pay a little more respect.
Don't you think, both believers and not that, we should think of this place more as a chapel?
A non-denomonational place where, people come to contemplate the nature of thier existance or, the existance of their nature or, whatever. Without resorting to the sorry state of paradoxically not tolerating intolerence (to paraphrase the intro' to this forum).
For a time at least, let us truly communicate.

This seems as good a place as any to put this.



------------------
Climb up here yourself. Experience the depth of my lofty position. Know the profundity of these heights. Then, my ambrosia you may taste.
 #7 
Old 2001-11-04, 19:39
Fred Madison Fred Madison is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dumb Christian people

Love the christian, hate the beliefs.
 #8 
Old 2001-11-04, 20:57
delta_9_tetra delta_9_tetra is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dumb Christian people

quote:
Love the christian, hate the beliefs.



With you there Fred...

My sister changed her name, emigrated to a far land... and yesterday entered into a christian 'convent', as she calls it.

I think she is t-o-t-a-l-l-y crazy, but that will not stop me admiring the consistent commitment she has shown!

This is what she needs to do to feel good about her life. I feel I must accept her choice, even as I demand that she accepts my choices in life - which to her, are sometimes just as crazy.


Maybe sedqon really doesn't know any intelligent christian people. Needs to get out more perhaps?
 #9 
Old 2001-11-04, 21:40
jack's missing mind jack's missing mind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dumb Christian people

LoL. Your sister joined a cult!

...

::Blinks twice and then looks at shoes::

Sorry.

------------------
"God has not been proven not to exist, therefore he must exist."
 #10 
Old 2001-11-04, 22:34
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dumb Christian people

you probably know lots of intelligent christians its just that their brainwashed so there intelligence doesnt show. i know a lot but there faith makes them hold back on their true potential.
 #11 
Old 2001-11-05, 04:44
agent1ball agent1ball is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dumb Christian people

Hey sedquon, define intelligence. Do it, I dare you. And I don't mean just give me a dictionary definition of the word, I want more. I want you to prove you or anyone actually knows something. If you are bassing your comments on the dictionary definition, then yes, I know a person.
My gf, Jen, is a devoted Christian. It is kindof hard being athiest, but we are able to sit and discuss such matters at a very deep level without getting offended or resulting to violence. I say she is intelligent in the dictionary sense because she had 1600 SAT scores, High ass IQ (mensa member), and she rocks my intellectual hizouse. Expand your horizons and you shall find all you need, stay in one place and you will only get what comes to you.

------------------
���< If only more people fragged each other online, there would be more peace and understanding out there.>

And read the works of Lao Tzu you bastrads!!!
 #12 
Old 2001-11-05, 20:47
sedqon sedqon is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dumb Christian people

intelligence is not believing what other people tell u if u can investigate it yourself. intelligence is knowing that no one is right or wrong, but always somewhere in between, and knowing that the only way to satisfy the self is to find one's own place in the gray. intelligence is not putting a 'u' in my damn name when there isnt any. fuckface.
 #13 
Old 2001-11-05, 21:16
kraelon kraelon is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dumb Christian people

there is no compensation for the ignorance of christians. they are all idiots, and all scum.
 #14 
Old 2001-11-05, 22:44
Regular
 
Brussels, Belgium
Default Re: Dumb Christian people

They have been deceived yes, but they aren't scum by any means. It isn't their fault they're Christian now is it?
 #15 
Old 2001-11-06, 15:43
bulletoothtony bulletoothtony is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dumb Christian people

kraelon, Are you a christian in disguise, posing as an atheist to try and make them look bad? cuz thats the only decent explanation I can think of for why anyone would ever make such a stupid, shameful, pitifull statement.
 #16 
Old 2001-11-08, 21:33
guitarone guitarone is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dumb Christian people

quote:
Originally posted by sedqon:
I dont know any intelligent christian people. does anyone?


I don't..shit man
 #17 
Old 2001-11-08, 22:13
Slayer Slayer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dumb Christian people

Does anyone know any smart atheists? I KNOW I don't
 #18 
Old 2001-11-09, 01:44
Redrover Redrover is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dumb Christian people

The existance of God connot be proven nor disproved, meaning that all theories that say something about God are beleifs like Bjuddhism, Cristianity, Islam or Atheism.
 #19 
Old 2001-11-09, 11:36
soullace soullace is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dumb Christian people

quote:

Does anyone know any smart atheists? I KNOW I don't.



Besides the obvious trolling here....

Your ignorance isn't proof of a fact. And vice versa.

Also embracing ignorance doesn't make you seem any smarter than your trying to sound.

 #20 
Old 2001-11-09, 15:17
chase161 chase161 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dumb Christian people

I'm sure there are lot's of smart christians. What in your mind would make them dumb or not smart? I;ve met a shitload of stupid people some believe in God some don't. who gives a flying fuck what they believe in?
 #21 
Old 2001-11-10, 06:55
Defiant Exile Defiant Exile is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dumb Christian people

Anyone know any atheists whose parents love them? I dont.
 #22 
Old 2001-11-10, 10:47
super nova super nova is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dumb Christian people

Define intelligence.
 #23 
Old 2001-11-10, 12:59
neverright neverright is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dumb Christian people

awareness of ignorance
 #24 
Old 2001-11-10, 18:01
Regular
 
Brussels, Belgium
Default Re: Dumb Christian people

Do you know of any Fascists who aren't bigoted fucks with a frustrated life? I don't.
 #25 
Old 2001-11-11, 07:52
Bad_Idealist Bad_Idealist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dumb Christian people


This could go back and forth forever. Now if we could just draw to the following conclusion which atheist and other more Christian members would also like.

Atheists mock the intelligence of Christians.

Christians mock the emotions and, "relationships", of atheists.

Both follow stereotypes of what other people of their, "faith", have developed for quite some time now. There is no fine line between atheists and Christians. It's a case by case basis.

I'm an equel opportunity hater.

The Bad Idealist-
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics