About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God For discussing any and all religious viewpoints. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Keeping your sense of humor is required. Posting messages about theological paradoxes is encouraged.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2001-08-23, 22:48
govinda govinda is offline
Regular
 
Default This is it......

Okay how about this - I am not trying to change anyones religion, just stating some of my views.

There is no God, no afterlife, no hell. This is it. Your one and only life. There is no 'meaning' other than the one you give to it. In my opinion if you give it just 'one' meaning then you end up missing out on anything not related to your meaning. You have to have something though, it's very hard to just drift through life although I believe some people do it. I guess my goals are new experiences, and to try and enjoy myself most of the time.

I am selfish, and I believe guilt and doubt are the cause of most wrong in world.

Well I guess I can write more later, most of the time when I argue with people it is because I'm still learning.

------------------
I don't want the dreams you try to sell...this disease I gave to myself
 #2 
Old 2001-08-26, 22:58
CaptainGherkin CaptainGherkin is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: This is it......

Yeah.. I think I can just about choose a purpose of my life, but I can't even begin to speculate on the purpose of the universe.
If there is one, there is a God. If so, we are just a mechanism of the purpose. So much for free will. If there is a God and no purpose, I'll do the same as I would anyway, choose my own.
 #3 
Old 2001-08-27, 15:05
govinda govinda is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: This is it......

Yeah that's a good way to put it. I think I agree with you - if there was a God and no purpose OR if his purpose didn't seem right to me I would still be the same.
 #4 
Old 2001-08-28, 14:29
PcThUg2ooo PcThUg2ooo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: This is it......

Guilt, doubt and religon.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics