About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God For discussing any and all religious viewpoints. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Keeping your sense of humor is required. Posting messages about theological paradoxes is encouraged.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2001-08-17, 23:14
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Centering

Surely men as inspirators, known and unknown to the world, have shared a common uncommon discovery. The Tao of Lao-tse, Nirvana of Buddha, Jehovah of Moses, the Father of Jesus, the Allah of Mohammed- all point to the experience.

No-thing-ness, spirit- once touched, the whole life clears.

-unknown
 #2 
Old 2001-08-17, 23:29
cntrdcton0fate cntrdcton0fate is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Centering

Pages full ofwisdom and thoughts I never choose to remember.

I think I'm more happy living my life... uncentered, it makes it all real(er). 'Cause with out that I think I would forget myself... if I haven�t already begun. There's a fire just waiting for fuel.
 #3 
Old 2001-08-18, 00:29
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Centering

Guess I can take the unknown part off.
 #4 
Old 2001-08-18, 04:40
Defiant Exile Defiant Exile is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Centering

Fuck nothingness. That is the greatest lie of this Age, and the cause of all our misery, that wanting nothing is somehow Godly.
 #5 
Old 2001-08-18, 20:03
lostmind lostmind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Centering

have i had this enlightenment,

i've always thought all religions said the same thing, with only different words.

example:
if you practice bad karma, bad karma will befall you

if you live by the sword than surely you shall die by the sword

what goes around comes around

3 sayings from 3 seemingly different philosophies, each one says the exact same thing when taken in context.
 #6 
Old 2001-08-18, 20:04
lostmind lostmind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Centering

i think people choose religions the same i choose music,

not by what is said, but how it said.

one thing i have to give zen philosophy is that they sure knew how to word things.
 #7 
Old 2001-08-19, 10:46
cntrdcton0fate cntrdcton0fate is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Centering

..sorry Spiffy, I just knew I'd read it before.
 #8 
Old 2001-08-20, 01:43
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Centering

It's cool. I occasionally see something in a book that, for whatever reason, I feel like posting at that moment. Hell, I think it's cool someone else has seen it before.
 #9 
Old 2001-08-20, 07:42
Sol463 Sol463 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Centering

Ofcourse religions say the same thing. Truth is truth. Whether or not you believe in the God that these philosophies come from it doesn't mean you should reject them outright.

------------------
...dropped you're pocket.
hahahahe...
I love that joke.
 #10 
Old 2001-08-20, 09:28
lostmind lostmind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Centering

i never said i reject them.

wars are basically war of words.

ever watch red dwarf,

a holy war wiped out a civilization of cats because they argued over whether or not the hat was red or green.

even though it was still just a hat.
 #11 
Old 2001-08-21, 04:31
Sol463 Sol463 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Centering

Red Dwarf- is that a movie? Seems intersting.

I agree with you, in religion, people do argue over the details but wars are not basically wars of words. Wars are fought when someone is either greedy, ambitious, or both and decides to take someone elses property. Hitler, Mussolini, Napoleon, Genghis Khan, Augustus, none of them started a war because people didn't believe in their religion. They wanted more land and more power. Even the Crusades, they didin't send them out to spread the word. They sent them out to retake the holyland. It is all greed and ambition.

------------------
(-insert prophetic message here-)
 #12 
Old 2001-08-22, 01:35
lostmind lostmind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Centering

that still leaves it as a war of words,

politics, your country not only needs a government, it needs our government.

red dwarf is a television show i've only seen it on bbcamerica, and my roommate bought two seasons of it on vhs.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics