|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God For discussing any and all religious viewpoints. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Keeping your sense of humor is required. Posting messages about theological paradoxes is encouraged. |
 |
|
#1
 2001-08-17, 10:02
|
Astro~Boy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
what does the bible teach about Hell ?
Hi I wanted to make a concise post on this topic but betwen being excessively lazy & Christians continually locking down my posts have not completed this . However this link
http://www.what-the-hell-is-hell.com/HellEncyclopedia/HellEncyclo.html
is very informative on the mater & anyone interested in the matter should have a look at the link as well the other articles which go over similar areas .
this is something I also need to understand better ( hence the reason I sought out Christian discussions on the matter before compilling a post ) . So if anyone wants to discuss the issue , please speak your mind & we'll learn together .
|
|
#2
 2001-08-19, 03:45
|
Onefinefeller 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: what does the bible teach about Hell ?
I have not had a chance to review the site but I will. It is to my understanding that hell is in the center of the earth. Revelation teaches that demons are chained in a great hole in the ground. The Bible describes hell as a dark and rather hot resort of sorts. Keep in mind that the Middle East is a volcanic region. Many believe that hole to be a volcano. Further there are two sections in this hole called "hell"! Let me clarify that at present, NO ONE is there yet!!! Why, because they have not been judged yet! That is still to come. So where are they? Wanna know? Ever heard of "Sheol"? That too is a reference to hell. Those who have already been judged; are in heaven. Those who have not are waiting for the judgement to come. See the Book of Revelation has two judgements recorded. Not just one. Christians have already been judged. But we are getting off on a tangent here.
The Old Testament describes sheol as a dark waiting place. Kind of like a place where you sleep. Ever go to bed real late and wake up tired? There is no sense of time when you are asleep. I was once in a coma for 22 days! When I woke, I never knew how long I was out. That is what it is like in sheol. Now everyone in the Old Testament went there! No one except two that I know of made it to heaven. NO ONE!
See when Jesus died and rose from the dead, so did hundreds of other people. Matter of fact, it downright scared the crap out of people back then! Hundreds of people eyewitnessed the event. There is more recorded evidence from that time than from any other source till modern times!!! This I can prove! I have testamonies from people who hated Jesus! They stated their case that the miracles of Jesus were cast through demons. The point is they witnessed it happen and verified that this stuff really did happen! Regardless of whose side Jesus was on. If Jesus was a liar, why would he chose to die a slow and painful death? I would just have confessed it and be spared of all the grief; UNLESS of course that He believed it to be the truth! Maybe he thought he was right... maybe he was a crazy person! There are lots of those around. But consider that his stories had logic and were wise! Consider that the authorities of the land feared Him!!! Consider that many; especially those who were closest to him; who watched Him die; who feared for their very lives too; consider that they suddenly brazened up and boldly became martyers after the resurrection! If they did not see this event; what would have made them bold when they were mere frightened and distraught sheep? There had to be a catalyst! Something had to happen to change their minds. Why would they die for a lie? Just think about this a while. I will wait a few days and respond to any comments you have as they come. Thanks for letting me post! Jonathan
------------------ If you will the rat race, your still a rat!
|
|
#3
 2001-08-19, 05:03
|
Defiant Exile 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: what does the bible teach about Hell ?
>>>>If Jesus was a liar, why would he chose to die a slow and painful death? I would just have confessed it and be spared of all the grief; UNLESS of course that He believed it to be the truth! Maybe he thought he was right... maybe he was a crazy person! <<<<
OR< maybe he was a defeated, poor, starving Jewish slave, and thus, had no choice whatsoever in how the mightiest army on the planet would execute him...Thats my theory. If you listen closely to stories of Jesus, and pay attention, they sound like when little kids get beat up then lie and say how they woulda kicked the kids ass, but they had some great reason not to. Christianity is the cultivation of human weakness.
|
|
#4
 2001-08-20, 10:02
|
Astro~Boy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: what does the bible teach about Hell ?
hi , you have some interesting views there . Im unsure whether I would agree that Christians are by passed judgement . I think they are still accountable in their own ways . Also cant say I agree about Christians in Heaven yet or anyone for that matter but these are different points .
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|