About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God For discussing any and all religious viewpoints. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Keeping your sense of humor is required. Posting messages about theological paradoxes is encouraged.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2001-07-18, 06:53
person101 person101 is offline
Regular
 
Default I think

that part of being a christian is spreading christianity. Why? Because that is my interpretation of what it says in the bible. What are your opinions, Christians?
 #2 
Old 2001-07-19, 01:39
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: I think

I know this isn't addressed to me because I'm not Christian. But, I'm Jewish, and Christianity stems from Judaism. So, I have this to say:

Christian recruit others because they know no one will buy it if they don't rub it in their faces.

Jews know what they have and they don't want company. Because no company is better than bad company.

Cheers,
Lost
 #3 
Old 2001-07-19, 03:37
Redrover Redrover is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I think

In the christian religion, their are two main pinciples: Helping your felow man and monotheism. If you convert your fellow man to christianism, in the churches eyes, you are helping him to get closer to god and, subsequently, more chances of getting in heven, therefore helping him. So when somebody is spreading christianity, it's actually an act of compasion and love.
 #4 
Old 2001-07-19, 05:45
person101 person101 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I think

Very well said, Redrover!

LostCause, are you saying that if I wanted to become a Jew you would be like, "Oh crap, another person that will go to heaven (or shale or whatever)." Thats basically like saying, "Oh shyke nuggets, I helped someone." I don't really get that @_@. Just for the record I'm NOT trying to diss you so don't get pissed. Instead, please respond and tell me what you think.
 #5 
Old 2001-07-19, 17:54
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I think

An act of compassion and love that makes me reach for a bat.

That only goes for preachers. If someone sees another person they know having trouble with something, or what have you, something's fucked up in their lives, and they suggest going to church.. okay. Some people need that.
 #6 
Old 2001-07-20, 04:25
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: I think

I'm sorry, person. That was a bad choice of words. I noticed as soon as I posted it, but I was too busy to change it. It's not that the Jews don't want company. It's more like that believe that they have the one true faith and they don't feel the need to publicize it. Those who wish to believe it will find it. They let God do their recruiting, basically.

Sorry, I might be saying this wrong again because I'm stoned.

Cheers,
Lost
 #7 
Old 2001-07-21, 01:31
PcThUg2ooo PcThUg2ooo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I think

Spreading the word, makes more people belive.. that was their intention. Probably stemming from something like controlling a country, or even the world. To making an enterprise of books wich they sell as "the bible". The word of god, written by man, and sold for money. (the biggest sin). Dont see a poor pope now do you?
 #8 
Old 2001-07-21, 05:34
Redrover Redrover is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I think

Christianity is all about education, just ask the jesuits. They don't want to control the world, they just want to get everyone on the right track and fight ignorance.
 #9 
Old 2001-07-26, 05:46
person101 person101 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I think

ok that made a lot more sense lost ;D
 #10 
Old 2001-07-26, 06:03
Fred Madison Fred Madison is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I think

I'll pray that you'll be more like me.

------------------
Oh I wanna twist and twist and shout
 #11 
Old 2001-07-26, 23:38
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: I think

Thanks person. I don't think I even really said it right then. But, again, I'm stoned so I'm not even going to try. All I wanted to say was I honestly respect your opinion, person and I didn't mean to offend.

Cheers,
Lost

------------------
"the people bowed and prayed
to the neon God they made"
 #12 
Old 2001-07-30, 01:40
Defiant Exile Defiant Exile is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I think

Person, that was the saddest example of Jewish ass kissing ive seen in a while. We wouldnt want a Jewish man to think for a second we disaproved of his religion.
 #13 
Old 2001-07-31, 17:50
govinda govinda is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I think

I'm sorry but Christians sometimes go a little over the top, I was constantly getting hounded at school to go to church and that I had no morals because I didn't. One lady came up to my litlle brother and said she was sorry I was going to hell.
Is it that hard for them to accept that MAYBE they are wrong? I always keep that sliver of a doubt that I could be wrong.



------------------
I don't want the dreams you try to sell...this disease I gave to my self
 #14 
Old 2001-08-02, 07:38
dallaswhite dallaswhite is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I think

So Earth began, with a great flash of light, and a huge boom (apperently god kicking an object from frustation realizing he replaced the brain of a human into the brain of a baboon, and forgot to give the babboon communicating skills, thus messing up civilization for thousands of generations). Unlike the more often heard version of creation (6 days and the seventh to go to church as long as u get back in time to watch the football game), creation was rather simple. God, made a makeshift flashligh, and had a cover for it (for the night day replacement). That was the sun. And then god made a glorious place for animals to roam, freely, and humans were interacting with animals, (including dinosaurs) there was beautiful colors, no hatred, poverty, or murder. But then God made his worst mistake of all, he left the perfect world too close to the flashlight, and it started it on fire. Thank God (literally) he out it out in time to save some sort of civilization. So God started over. He forgot to move the dinosaur bones which in 1700 A.D. would really begin to confuse humans, and made another feild into socail siences named archeology. So God came to Earth to study his creation. He noticed at first the two original humans Adamia, and Evelyn. (a.k.a. adam and eve, the new testement was too lazy so they shortened the names of the first too humans). He told the humans, that he made him in his likeness. Adamia, and Evelyn, were at first skeptical of this man, claiming to be the main force of the universe. But God explained to them philosiphy, the arts, communication, nudity, childbirth, and the human anatomy, (thank god he explained that other wise Evelyn wouldnt of quit making fun of that 'thing' sticking out of Adamia). After God gave the humans, knoledge to start a family, Adamia and Evelyn, started right away at it. After nine months, of not knowing why Evelyn's stomach was growing so quickly. Out came 100 children. Quite a litter indeed. In that litter, there were 52 girls, 48 boys. There were a mixture of humans with different tinted skin. This made the litter split up. And also created Racism and Prejudice. Alsoit made sexism. The strongest man beat the weakest women, in a arm wrestling match. Then they played a game which required deep thought and concetration, of course the women won. But the man just beat the hell out of her and proclaimed I am superior. This is why millions of years later, women are funally getting eqaul say(in only some civilizations). So the lighter tinted people (whites) went to the caucusus mountains, the blacks, stayed around, but some migrated north, into northernt egypt, and also creating boats, and going across the ocean. The Asains, went past the caucuses and went into Eastern Asai. God now made it so people cannot recreate at such great speeds, and made childbirth usually produce one child (except when using fertility drugs). So a few generations later everyone was pretty well split up. The Whites, in what now is Europe, and also inhabiting most of the Mediterrenean region they have made small cities and hunted and traded, but were still tens of housands of years before the roman empire. The Asians, took up most of Asia, and some crossed a land bridge, the people who crossed the land bridge were now, Native Americans. The Asains, took advantage of the land, they used the rice, and when killing an animal, they apologized to its spirit, and used every part of the animal. The Native Americans were also up to par with the Asains. They were hunters, but then realized they could survive better with farming, and hunting.And the Blacks were seperated into many different tribes, spread across Africa, they used the nile for a source of life, since it was such a vast hot area. They were great hunters. They had many wars, with each other, one tribe against another. By now the whites, asains, blacks, and native americans, spoke different languages. And each tribe, or city, spoke there own language. So there were thousands of different languages being used. And this is the biggest set back that happened to the human race, of they could of only managed to keep the same language and not be so full of hate they could work together, and use each other, to make civilizations that depended on each other. This would also, stop wars, because if u depend on something, u woud not harm it. But this didnot happen. God felt bad about his mistakes. But his word was still beuing passed on from generation to generation. Some people, didnt like God, they thought god screwed them up. But God gave humans free wil and this is what they did with it. with free will first came hatred, Hatred for no good reason, hatred because of gender, color, or other meaingless characteristics that were givin to u randomly.

So now generations later, humans are even more twisted and screwed up. diffrernt religions that didnt focus on God came up. Different teaching different holy books. Made humans have even more wars. These are the crusades these went on for thousands of years. People would cross continents because someone said something against there religion, this caused exploration.
Exploration helped the world made people think and look at different things. But not for long. exploration gave a new reason for wars. At first wars were, you look different, i hate you. Then it was you think different i hate you. And now it was your land is better than my land, so back off or ill take this sharp rock and kill you with it. This caused the roman empire, which took over all the tiny tribes, stole thier ideas, and claimed them their own. They fought and fought and fought, they wanted the whole world (excpet for australia, n. america, and south america, which they didnt even realize was there). The Asains were behind in civilization slightly, but in a good way. They have yet too realize the untrue fact that land can be owned. Which i the main belief in mainstream society today). So at this time Asains were eating rice, having minor wars and statying out of the whites business. Native Americans were still at the point where they were happy, noone found them yet, only if they new, if one of the best societies (there were hundreds of seperate tribes which fought often) would be wiped out only to be left a small percentage of there land and a few casinos. Blacks at this point were advancing slowly in culture, same as the native americans. but advancing slowly was good. They loved the land. But yet again hate other tribes that were around them. They had music (as did the native americans), and they had art (as did native americans, and the asains), but the whites just took slaves (mainly black and the 75 percent of people in lower class, the theives, and people who hated the king) and had them kill each other, the only good thing that came out of the roman empire was the destruction of it, and oh yeah, gladiator the movie which starred Russell Crowe, which was made on the 2000 anniversary of Jesus.Well now were hitting around the birth of Jesus. Jesus's birth happened for good reasons. God looked down on Earth, he saw many bad things. So then he found a Virgin named Mary , and gave her Jesus. Everyone thought she was a whore, even though she was still a virgin. So when her water broke, she wanted to have her baby in a Motel. They wouldnt let her in. So she had Jesus in a barn. The angels told everyone of the birth of the savior. Jesus, taught the world, the word of God. The Jews didnt believe that Jesus was the son of God. And the Native Americans, had several gods, so did the blacks and asians. So the coming of Jesus Christ didnt effect them much. But God didnt mind if people didnt believe in him. But the Romans, didnt like religion much, they believed the Emperor is the one sho is sacred to them, so the Romans killed Jesus for trying to change the minds of the people. The Jews, did not kill Jesue, although many thought that. The Romans had Jesus hunted down, and put on a cross and killed. But Jesus came back on Passover (not once in the more conventional biblee in the word bunny, easter, or painting eater eggs is mentioned). He renewed the faith of millions. So the world kept up on there petty wars. Then N. and S. America was found. So that meant, the whites, ruined some cultures. They took slaves. And they pushed the Navive Americans off there lands, but later they gave them some rights, and even some casinos.
Well all the crap about america and england fighting, and the u.s, starting is pretty meaningless.
But i guess its important

In 1776. the United States started, by the year 2000, the united states did the following:
destroyed the creativity of the people
and didnt allow the talk of religion in a public place.
the stopping of religion practiced in public places is ok i guess. but i think u should be able to have free right to say what u want of religion , as long as u have the opened mindedness to not try to change peoples beliefs. the united states, and by the mid 1900s, most of the world is civilized, except for in the rainforests (which is being destroyed), the mountains, and the deserts, these are places, where many humans dont want to be. but some cultures stay there so they can stay alive. they have to other wise the corruptness of the world would swallow them up. so at present time, i think earth, came out ok, there is less hatred, but still alot. but humans have also destroyed mother nature. but where nature is still present it shuld be cherished. so as the representative of god, i can say at 12:09 a.m. (central standard time) on august 22, on the 2001, year that has passed, since god's son was put on the cross. the world should free itself of religion, and praise each other, not a god, but more importanly, be servants of the earth, the sky, and the sea. so if u stop following god, and start following each other, and taking care of the Earth, then the world would be so much better, and although u would not be praising god, he would not be upset, beacuse then his final goal be complete:humans interacting with earth, each other, and animals, without war, and hatred..


written by,
dallas white


 #15 
Old 2001-08-02, 07:48
Revelation Revelation is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I think

quote:
posted by person101
I think..



LIAR!!!!
 #16 
Old 2001-08-02, 16:52
govinda govinda is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I think

I could live with that explaination Dallas
 #17 
Old 2001-08-06, 00:10
Defiant Exile Defiant Exile is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I think

>>>>>>Exploration helped the world made people think and look at different things. But not for long. exploration gave a new reason for wars. At first wars were, you look different, i hate you.<<<<<<<

They more than likely had nothing to do with Hate. Hatred of a Race for being different is a tool used to make more effective soldiers, but only when populations cant kill purely out of the need to, and their will to survive. Id be willing to guess, the first wars were something like, hey the winter hit and my big ol extended family has no food. But that big ol family across the river does...Hey we have clubs!


>>>Then it was you think different i hate you.<<<<<

Nope. Thinking led to actions, and these actions offended severely or harmed peoples. It wasnt that the Huns thought differently that made people hate them, it was that their thinking led to the rape of a contintent.

>>>>>And now it was your land is better than my land, so back off or ill take this sharp rock and kill you with it.<<<<<

by this stage, people had explosive jars of oil, steam engines, fire starting lenses, and Legions. Sharp rocks were obsolete.

>>>>This caused the roman empire, which took over all the tiny tribes, stole thier ideas, and claimed them their own.<<<<<

Romans invented more things than most peoples. They had a steam engine but never had a way to apply it, it made a fancy decoration for rich people. They had batteries too, but it only turned Iron to a gold plating.

>>>> They fought and fought and fought, they wanted the whole world<<<<<

Who doesnt?

>>>>(excpet for australia, n. america, and south america, which they didnt even realize was there).<<<<<

Interesting that theyve found Roman jars and coins in the Amazon River though. Plenty more evidence of trans-Atlantic contact with even older civilizations. Who do you think built the foundations for Meso-American civilization? I bet it was who the Incas said ("Gods from the East with auburn hair and pale skin")

>>>>> The Asains were behind in civilization slightly, but in a good way. They have yet too realize the untrue fact that land can be owned.<<<<<

Thats funny, they sure had a feudal society for about the same length of time.

>>>> Which i the main belief in mainstream society today).<<<<

I think the main belief is that the individual is important. And that suffering is bad.

>>>>> So at this time Asains were eating rice, having minor wars and statying out of the whites business. <<<<<<<<

No they werent. Everytime an Asian encountered a European they wasted no time in assembling an army and attacking him.
I dont see the nobility of Asia when one of their greatest Kings said something like: Mans greatest pleasure is to slay his enemy, plunder his wealth, ride off on his steeds, embrace his women, and see the tears of his loved ones.

Theres a lot more appaling fuckin ignorance in there and totally incorrect assumptions but Ill stop there.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics