About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God For discussing any and all religious viewpoints. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Keeping your sense of humor is required. Posting messages about theological paradoxes is encouraged.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2001-07-02, 01:23
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Excuse me! But, I Had Something To Say!

I had something I wanted to say about Diluteds: Burn The Bible post. Why did you close that thread? I think it was valid!

Of course, I wouldn't burn the Bible, but I just wanted to make a statement about it.

I am Jewish and I think it's perfectly fine whatever religion you are. Now, I would never curse at a nun. Yet, I am not Catholic. I wouldn't swear in a church. Yet, I am not Christian. I wouldn't burn the Quran. Yet, I am not Muslim.

So, as far as desecrating any religious scriptures, I don't believe in doing it. Not because I believe the scriptures are true, but because I believe that other people believe that they are true and that it would make another person sad if I was to desecrate and denounce their beliefs.

I wouldn't wish for anyone to burn the Torah. If somebody did, I might even be a little sad. I certainly wouldn't throw a fit. But, I find it unnecissary to take it to that level.

Other peoples beliefs in God - just like everything else - are to be respected, even if you don't agree with them.

May be the Bible is complete bollocks, through and through. But, who are we to say so?

But, I have to admit. I was once out of rolling papers and smoked a corner of the first page of the Bible. Which is kind of like burning the Bible.

I felt really bad about it afterwards, though.

I mean, well, does anyone get my point?

Another thing...

What the Hell?! Who are you to close that thread?! Damn! Just give me ONE good reason why that thread wasn't valid. Or are you going to close this one down, too?

Gee. I never thought you were so closed minded before. I actually advocated for you.

Boy, I feel stupid now.

Cheers,
Lost
 #2 
Old 2001-07-02, 08:20
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: Excuse me! But, I Had Something To Say!

ouch
 #3 
Old 2001-07-03, 08:42
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Excuse me! But, I Had Something To Say!

Read Bar room's post at the end of the locked thread again. "Intolerance will not be tolerated." That sounds really fucked up, but you get the idea. Diluted's post could definitely be called intolerant.

I realize this is &TOTSE, and shit like that flies around on a daily basis, but consider how many other Christianity-bashing threads there are. How many of them are locked? The dude's done a pretty damn good job keeping his personal feelings out of his judgement as a mod. Give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Since someone is probably wondering, a Christian guy locked the thread being mentioned, was questioned about it here by a Jewish girl, whose post was commented on by another Christian guy, and the first guy has now been defended by a Zen Buddhist.
 #4 
Old 2001-07-03, 19:04
Diluted Diluted is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Excuse me! But, I Had Something To Say!

Come on people let's throw out more labels! Come on, tell me whatcha see ya now...

Groovy.
 #5 
Old 2001-07-14, 18:34
UnclNastyFingerz UnclNastyFingerz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Excuse me! But, I Had Something To Say!

I've smoked weed out of the pages of the Bible, but not as a statement against Christianity... I did it simply because it's good paper. I don't consider the bible, the tourah, or any religious sacrement holy, but I'm not gonna waste time desecrating it cause I simply don't care enough about religions to make a deal of fighting them.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics