About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God For discussing any and all religious viewpoints. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Keeping your sense of humor is required. Posting messages about theological paradoxes is encouraged.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2001-06-18, 07:05
kraelon kraelon is offline
Regular
 
Default I AM DIRECTLY RELATED TO JESUS

my sister has traced my roots all the way back to jesus! which means that i am part of god's family.....shouldnt i be worshipped or something?
 #2 
Old 2001-06-18, 13:39
joho joho is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I AM DIRECTLY RELATED TO JESUS

I am a atheist so it will have to be "OR SOMETHING".
 #3 
Old 2001-06-18, 16:30
Regular
 
Default Re: I AM DIRECTLY RELATED TO JESUS

Technically, from a Christian standpoint, scince God loves us we are all part of 'his family.'

so no, you aren't any more special than the rest of us.
 #4 
Old 2001-06-18, 16:34
sckbch sckbch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I AM DIRECTLY RELATED TO JESUS

he's special in other ways..."timmy!!"
 #5 
Old 2001-06-18, 17:38
sedqon sedqon is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I AM DIRECTLY RELATED TO JESUS

hmmm, thats strange, i can trace my lineage back to roman royalty. shouldn't i crucify you?
 #6 
Old 2001-06-18, 19:15
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: I AM DIRECTLY RELATED TO JESUS

Hey, what a coincidence, I'm directly related to Jesus, too. But, o wait, I forgot, just about everyone is. Especially is you're of Jewish lineage.

Cheers,
Lost
 #7 
Old 2001-06-18, 21:15
Redrover Redrover is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I AM DIRECTLY RELATED TO JESUS

Everybody is related to Jesus.

Now you have 2 parents, right. And those parents had two parents apeice, so you have 4 grandparents. Your number of ancestors double each generation. If a generation lasts 30 years and it's been 2000 years since jesus was alive, you could say that:

Number of ancestors alive at the time = 2^(number of years ago, in this case it would be 2000 / 30)

or

y=2^(2000/30)
y=2^(66.6)
y= 1.17 * 10^20

So, logically, Jesus has to be your ancestor but then because Jesus didn't have any children, you probably don't come from Jesus.
 #8 
Old 2001-06-18, 21:36
kraelon kraelon is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I AM DIRECTLY RELATED TO JESUS

hmm, you guys have helped me a lot, even though i was just kidding, some of the serious responses caused me to laugh loudly, especially from lostcause... but his wasnt really serious. um anyways keep insulting me u christian scums its funny
 #9 
Old 2001-06-19, 05:46
sedqon sedqon is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I AM DIRECTLY RELATED TO JESUS

i bought jesus's bong at an auction in wisconsin
 #10 
Old 2001-06-19, 18:50
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I AM DIRECTLY RELATED TO JESUS

Wow, Lost, Jesus must've got his freak on an awful lot..

BTW, did you ever consider stapling a sign to your forehead that says "FEMALE"?
 #11 
Old 2001-06-19, 20:47
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: I AM DIRECTLY RELATED TO JESUS

Very funny, Spiffy.

By the way, Krae, I'm not Christian.

And, technically, we're all related anyways. I read somewhere that if you're in, say, a class room. The girl that sits across the room from you is probably closer than you 20th cousin. Which, of course, it pretty distant. I mean, you wouldn't find her at any family reunion. But, that's an actual blood relation that you have to someone you find to be a perfect stranger, even someone you might date.

I dunno'... I just thought it was pretty interesting.

Cheers,
Lost
 #12 
Old 2001-06-26, 21:31
Moderator
 
East end
Default Re: I AM DIRECTLY RELATED TO JESUS

SINCE WHEN WERE YOU RELATED TO ME?

I AM JESUS...BEHOLD MY GLORY!!!!!!

DON'T PUT ME NEAR A CROSS...TOO MANY BAD MEMORIES!!!

JUST FUCKING AROUND...BUT REALLY...I AM JESUS...THE VOICES TOLD ME I AM.
 #13 
Old 2001-06-26, 22:09
GothicTrash GothicTrash is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I AM DIRECTLY RELATED TO JESUS

The voices in my pants tell me im jesus =-)))
 #14 
Old 2001-07-06, 04:23
Diluted Diluted is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I AM DIRECTLY RELATED TO JESUS

Wicked cool!
 #15 
Old 2001-07-06, 15:34
Dr.Fumanchu Dr.Fumanchu is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I AM DIRECTLY RELATED TO JESUS

I've Eaten Jesus...Does that count for anything?
 #16 
Old 2001-07-06, 17:53
Diluted Diluted is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I AM DIRECTLY RELATED TO JESUS

Yeah, you're catholic.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics