About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God For discussing any and all religious viewpoints. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Keeping your sense of humor is required. Posting messages about theological paradoxes is encouraged.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2001-05-08, 15:23
nyarlathotep nyarlathotep is offline
Regular
 
Default How I know I'm God

I was praying one day and realized I was talking to myself.


------------------
the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
 #2 
Old 2001-05-08, 20:31
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: How I know I'm God

There are so many ways to respond to this I can't even pick one...

Cheers,
Lost
 #3 
Old 2001-05-08, 21:56
Regular
 
Yami no tensai
Default Re: How I know I'm God

Here's a test, the next time you think your perfect, try walking on water.
 #4 
Old 2001-05-08, 23:15
Regular
 
Default Re: How I know I'm God

rather, the next time you think you are God, divide yourself into three parts, and give part of yourself (which would then be your son) up for crucifixion.


 #5 
Old 2001-05-09, 01:44
nyarlathotep nyarlathotep is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How I know I'm God

Ah, that was a little joke. I guess just not a very funny one. Thats proves in itself I'm not perfect. OK ?

------------------
the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
 #6 
Old 2001-05-24, 05:55
*Maleate *Maleate is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How I know I'm God

hey i thought it was pretty amusing, but thats the nialist in me
 #7 
Old 2001-05-28, 18:20
egar egar is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How I know I'm God

i thought i was god once when i heard voices but they were in my head so i have one word to all those who think that they are god BOLLOCKS

------------------
egar
 #8 
Old 2001-05-31, 17:42
Jadedfool Jadedfool is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How I know I'm God

everyones got a god complex, but its okay, I made it that way...
 #9 
Old 2001-05-31, 19:38
OffSpringRulz321 OffSpringRulz321 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How I know I'm God

But...but..I wanted to be god!! ::Cries::
They said I gave them my wallet I could be god....those meanis! Tricked again!*Sobs uncontrobly* its not fair!!!!!!!
haha.. =oP
 #10 
Old 2001-06-15, 05:40
sedqon sedqon is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How I know I'm God

honestly nyar, comments like that are what make REAL gods like cthulhu, yog-sothoth, hastur, and even dagon angry. u should consider yourself lucky that u TOO weren't imprisoned by the elder gods when they defeated you.
 #11 
Old 2001-06-16, 06:32
aradia aradia is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How I know I'm God

i wannabe god 2!!!

whos dragon?
 #12 
Old 2001-06-16, 14:01
Redrover Redrover is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How I know I'm God

Okay, if one of you guys are god, tell me why you made poor children die of hunger in Africa?
 #13 
Old 2001-06-18, 05:30
kraelon kraelon is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How I know I'm God

HOLY SHIT, this is really great stuff here. that is the funniest thing i have heard in a while hahaha and yet im one of the select few that like it... i feel alone.....
 #14 
Old 2001-06-18, 05:53
Diluted Diluted is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How I know I'm God

Jesus Christ was a phony.

I'm no longer blind.
 #15 
Old 2001-06-18, 21:08
Fred Madison Fred Madison is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How I know I'm God

Hi. Yeah, people are sort-of God actually. But I think what is even better is that these people are greater than God. God is just an idea, not as great as a human being. A creator is greater than its creation.

------------------
Oh I wanna twist and twist and shout
 #16 
Old 2001-07-13, 21:56
wyrmus wyrmus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How I know I'm God

Ive never heard it put more simply. Wait, I knew a guy that said, "Whenever I want to see God I just look in a mirror." I agree with both of you.

------------------
wyrmus?
 #17 
Old 2001-08-02, 09:13
dallaswhite dallaswhite is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How I know I'm God

look into the lyrics of "hell yeah" by the bloodhound gang
 #18 
Old 2001-08-17, 02:14
d sturbed 1 d sturbed 1 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How I know I'm God

kraelon your no longer alone dude i thought that was hillarious! lol. but actually according to many religions we do have a part of god inside us its called a soul. hahahahaha. bullshit.
i think im gonna go sell my piece of him/her to the devil. lol. these faerie tales are endless.

[This message has been edited by d sturbed 1 (edited 08-17-2001).]

[This message has been edited by d sturbed 1 (edited 08-17-2001).]
 #19 
Old 2001-08-24, 04:09
Belial Belial is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How I know I'm God

"I went to god just to see, and I was looking at me
Saw heaven and hell were lies
When I'm god everyone dies"
-The Reflecting God by Marilyn Manson


everyone knows that you people arent god... there is only one god, and thats ME!

------------------
Discrimination is for those who can't handle misanthropy.
 #20 
Old 2001-08-24, 16:13
Sol463 Sol463 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How I know I'm God

I thought it was funny. You know someone in California legally changed their name to God. It is on his license and everything.

------------------
Oh great, purple lightning! That's always a good sign.
 #21 
Old 2001-08-24, 21:17
Belial Belial is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How I know I'm God

if i ever have to change my identity i would change my name to Jesus Fucking Christ

------------------
Discrimination is for those who can't handle misanthropy.
 #22 
Old 2001-08-24, 22:07
lostmind lostmind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How I know I'm God

"follow her down to worship some god
who never speaks to me i wonder if i died
but then he says
you're never listening
you can see imagination
is your butter and your bread
it's an exquisite corpse and it's lips are red
and it's teeth are glistening.

if you're alone and you're feeling blue
everyone in persia probably feels like that too
i just hope you don't believe what you do
here she comes in her unforgiving way
almost forever i've been drinking these drugs
it's time to change our cruel, cruel views
before we'er lost"~ the church lost
 #23 
Old 2001-08-26, 22:54
CaptainGherkin CaptainGherkin is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How I know I'm God

Ack.. Now you see things how you do. After death you see things how they are, since you're reunited with reality, rather than... making your own in your head?
 #24 
Old 2001-09-05, 04:23
marx marx is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How I know I'm God

Since when is god perfect? ... IF there is a god, "he" is definately not perfect, as can be pointed out by all the tragedies that happen to good people on a daily basis.
 #25 
Old 2001-09-05, 06:02
Regular
 
Yami no tensai
Default Re: How I know I'm God

That's not God's doing, we are put here under free will and we can do wahtever we want under the consequence that others may do the same.

This also includes messing up governments causing innocint people to starve to death.
 #26 
Old 2001-09-05, 06:11
marx marx is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How I know I'm God

and that free will he gave us appears to be a flaw in his design... perfection does not perform flaws.
 #27 
Old 2001-09-05, 20:20
Regular
 
Yami no tensai
Default Re: How I know I'm God

The design is just fine, it's the individuals themselves that flaw it.

Has the potential to be perfect, but alas will never attain it.

------------------
 #28 
Old 2001-09-05, 23:10
lostmind lostmind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How I know I'm God

marx,

that was just ignorant,

dark mag is right, i've said it many times.

name one thing not related to a manmade decision that isn't perfect.

that's also part of the reason for my belief,

random chance doesn't spread perfection to every corner of existance.
 #29 
Old 2001-09-05, 23:40
marx marx is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How I know I'm God

Are man-made things beyond this "Supreme Being" ? Can "He" not control them? If that is so, than "He" is not so supreme... and in my opinion, not perfect.
 #30 
Old 2001-09-06, 00:39
lostmind lostmind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How I know I'm God

than that would mean imposing on will,

what would you rather have,

a few million jackasses running around the world

or the right make the desicions you want to make.

do you even comprehend the logistical probability of any given event happening.

to make things go the way HE, NOT YOU, wanted them to would mean stepping in and imposing his will over countless and countless individuals to keep a drunk driver and a kid off the same street at the same time.

i don't blame god for the mess,

i thank him for my freedom.
 #31 
Old 2001-09-06, 04:29
marx marx is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How I know I'm God

So "He" is chooseing to not be perfec. "He" still isn't perfect.

Sorry, it is hard for me to discuss this intelligently, as I lack the belief... I was just trying to make a point.
 #32 
Old 2001-09-06, 12:01
delta_9_tetra delta_9_tetra is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How I know I'm God

to the marx 'sisters':

if you cannot "discuss this intelligently, as [you] lack the belief... "

then stay away!
 #33 
Old 2001-09-06, 23:47
lostmind lostmind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How I know I'm God

you have to be intelligent first.

he doesn't choose to be imperfect.

he leaves it alone.

which is perfection, how will it end when set in motion.

why do you think entropy exists?

entropy itself is perfect.
 #34 
Old 2001-09-07, 00:01
VIPERX VIPERX is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How I know I'm God

i agree that things are messed up not because of god but because he gave us free will and some people,agencies,governments feel free to fuck everything up god cant give us free will and then step in every time somethings fucked up if he did we wouldnt have free will
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics