About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God For discussing any and all religious viewpoints. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Keeping your sense of humor is required. Posting messages about theological paradoxes is encouraged.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2001-05-04, 04:06
Regular
 
Default why

why does my dog have to die...
 #2 
Old 2001-05-04, 05:07
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: why

I feel ya, Bar Room, when my dog dies, I'll be a wreak...
 #3 
Old 2001-05-04, 15:27
Hedonism Hedonism is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why

for the same reason you and I have to die.
 #4 
Old 2001-05-04, 19:52
Evil_Mastermind Evil_Mastermind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why

way to make him feel better..
Bar Room, I'll do a service for your dog for $5
 #5 
Old 2001-05-04, 22:41
Regular
 
Default Re: why

same fucking thing that almost killed my ass is taking one of my best friends instead. i HATE cancer.

i mean, when i had cancer, at night he slept in my doorway and practically growled at everyone who went in my room while i was asleep.



[This message has been edited by Bar room hero (edited 05-04-2001).]
 #6 
Old 2001-05-05, 00:20
Redrover Redrover is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why

I feel your pain, man.
 #7 
Old 2001-05-05, 00:32
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why

My dog died of cancer a little while ago.

I feel guilty about not treating her as best I could.

 #8 
Old 2001-05-05, 03:49
Regular
 
Default Re: why

i know EXACTLY how you feel.

i mean, i freaking named the guy. i practically gave him a purpose. i taught him tricks like how to play dead and roll over.

he watched Tv...

he hated the crocodile hunter cause he always growled at him.

DAMNIT
 #9 
Old 2001-05-05, 06:02
Evil_Mastermind Evil_Mastermind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why

My first dog died of cancer.
my second dog got run over by a huge truck.
several of my favorite cats met similar fates.
i dont want any more pets.
 #10 
Old 2001-05-05, 17:42
zake zake is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why

i hate cats. dogs are much better. but, it doesn't matter what kinda being you are. everything and everyone has the same end - death. it doesn't matter how anything dies, it just quits living.

------------------
And the road becomes my bride...
 #11 
Old 2001-05-06, 00:00
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why

It's not dying. It's moving onto the next stage of existence. Doesn't mean you'll miss it any less.. people wonder why I don't want pets.
 #12 
Old 2001-05-06, 02:29
Kameron Kameron is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why

You feed dogs, look after them, give them a warm home so they think your god. You feed cats, look after them, give them a warm hme so they think their gods.

I had a dog. We got him when I was very young. The first word I said was puppy. That dog taught me a lot. It was very sad to see him get old. Dogs are great.

However at least we can understand I think it would be worst if we died and they lived on because they could not understand.

~Kameron
A dog teaches a boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down. - Robert Benchley

Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful. - Ann Landers
 #13 
Old 2001-05-06, 20:55
winki winki is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why

Barroom, I'm so sorry to hear that!
You know that your love and affection for him as well as his for you is impervious to cancer and anything else so fragile as the physical realm.

Whatever the two of you feel for one another will not die unless you choose to kill it or let it waste away. I still say Hi to Puddintame everytime I pass his grave out there at the end of the driveway where he used to sit and watch the world go by and jump down off the post to greet me the minute I pulled in the driveway.
Sometimes when I am reminded of him and how much I miss his being there to be "just a part of whatever is going on" I say aloud, "I miss you Puddintame" and I do and it somehow warms my heart to speak it because I feel all the love and hours and years that he was there right with me, and I know that is true and I love him just as much. It would be an insult to his furry loyalness to suppose that he was not also capable of transcending the physical if he wished.

This might be just me but once when I was on an airplane I looked out the window and saw thousands and thousands of individual clouds all packed together layer upon layer up in the sky, it was so calm and orderly, but also it was such a massive gathering, anyway I wasnt thinking about cats who died at all but the moment I saw those clouds a thought popped into my head and it was " Oh how lucky I am to get to see this and realize what it is" What it was was all the recently departed souls of animals, large and small, whoever wanted to be there on their way to ????(I call it brand new kitten bodies, as in what old souls sometimes come in.."Old cat souls in a brand new kitten body" the one who didn't care about chasing it;s tail just from the get go wanted to sit inthe sun and reflect)
Anyway it occured to me that day in the plane that they were all waiting there in queque for their turn to cross the sky as an ever changing playful, lazy, silly, whatever cloud. It was such a clear and totally novel thought that I didn't even take it as something I'd imagined, but more like something I was thankfully lucky enough to have witnessed and realized.
I'm sorry that you and your dog will have to miss each other.
In a way the closer you are to a soul while you are both together in life, the less far away they seem after death.
Another thing is that I have found pets have a wonderfully understanding and forgiving nature about them, they seem just as interested in your love and affection not being negated by death as they did in seeking it out whether or not they always got it in life. sometimes I think they are most proud to be yours when your feelings show so strongly in death. Just cause they're not right there doesn't mean that there not going "alllright! allright! he likes me he really likes me! haugh haugh drool haugh, stuff like that, cats aren't always so openly gluttonous about their affection for affection, then again I guess some dogs aren't either. In any event in such an uncertain thing as existence and all that we do not understand or have proof to believe in
don't close the door on the continued reciprocation of love and whatever you call it when someone wants to be near you just because.....That would be messed up! You can try checking the clouds, I hope that if you do he'll be there, just being himself.

I like animals so much better than people sometimes, alot...

is for you'll miss each other

is for you love each other!

God bless your dog and you~

Love winki
 #14 
Old 2001-05-07, 18:02
Ulysses Ulysses is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why

Raw deal, cancer.
Theres worse ways for your dog to die, although i know thats not much consolation.
we hasd to get my last dog put down because it contracted a strain of C.J.D.
Theres a srain of the disease found in all domesticated cats and one day my dog had a scrap with the little shit. Over the course of the next month he began to loose his hearing, then his eye sight, he wouldnt leave his bed, wouldnt make a sound, couldnt feed him self. The vets pissed us about saying it could be this or it could be that, then they told us it was a strain of mad cow disease. Nasty thing for a child to have to see.


Its just dawned on me some of you foriegners
may think that this is a joke, its not.
In ten years time Britain will be full of people suffering with C.J.D. walking around like zombies....oh yes.

[This message has been edited by Ulysses (edited 05-07-2001).]
 #15 
Old 2001-06-19, 16:23
sedqon sedqon is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why

angst-ridden teenager? wow, you people make me want to kill myself. i have already acheived more self-knowledge than you will ever hope to in this life. so you can go die.
 #16 
Old 2001-06-21, 21:21
Redrover Redrover is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why

Exactly, angst ridden teen-agers who are so arrogant to think that they have all the knowledge they need and that everybody older than them is stupid.
 #17 
Old 2001-06-25, 05:37
sykotic2001 sykotic2001 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why

I wonder if the ancient egyptians hadn't worshipped cats as god we wouldn't have such arrogant fucking felines today. I hate cats.

Sorry to hear about your dog, my dad killed my dog when he killed himself, but the dog had cancer anyway.
 #18 
Old 2001-06-25, 07:29
xerophythis xerophythis is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why

I feel for ya too...i have a dog who's 3 yrs. old nd can't bare to see the day when she dies

If you don't mind me asking and i'm sorry if someone else already did (didn't read through 'em all), how old was ur dog and wat kind was it? If it was old then you should have been expecting it...i just hope it wasn't in misery when it died. i have a friend who put their dog to sleep after it couldn't walk anymore. i remember, she called me late at night once and we just cried the whole time while talking about her dog. i think it's wrong to do that to a dog...i mean some people, me being one of them, think they're people too!

Also, i have this other friend who put their dog to sleep nd then came to school right after it and then told her friends wat had happened. She has this one friend, who is also my friend too, and in theology class he kept makin' fun of her dog being put to sleep! wat an insensative jerk! nd too, he has a dog! but i'm gettin' off the subject!

I hope you feel better and if you get another dog you'll be prepared! (sorry if that sounds kinda mean...i don't mean it to be that way!)
 #19 
Old 2001-06-26, 05:45
sedqon sedqon is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why

I AM god and you HUMANS are just jealous of my omnipotence. being an angst ridden teenager is far superior to being a complacent adult. FUKOFF
 #20 
Old 2001-06-26, 14:07
Drim Ba'hal Drim Ba'hal is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why

more like laughing at your intellectual impotence.
 #21 
Old 2001-06-26, 23:48
GothicTrash GothicTrash is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why

Great!, now you guys are making me think about my dalmation who almos died 2 weeks ago and is starting to get old...*cries*..

------------------
����䣧����|�������H��VV죣����VꮥVVH����Р�H��VV죣���������駅��VV��렆����H������Ϡ���VV��
 #22 
Old 2001-07-05, 23:38
Revelation Revelation is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why

quote:
posted by bar room hero: i taught him tricks like how to play dead


guess you taught him a little to well.


...my god i'm sorry thats horrible


just my infintile reaction to pain and sorrow.

I love you bar room

::gives the hero a hug::

::takes bar room aside and tells him if he tells anybody i hugged him i'll kill him::

::give bar room another hug::

[This message has been edited by Revelation (edited 07-07-2001).]
 #23 
Old 2001-07-08, 13:19
Dr.Fumanchu Dr.Fumanchu is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why

Hehe. Anyone remember that episode of Friends, where Ross asks "If you were omnipotent what would you do?" and Joey thinks he said impotent and replies "I'd kill myself". Then Ross says "No, no I said OMNI-potent". Then Joey says, "Oh, dude I'm so sorry" cause he thought he said I'm impotent....hehheh. Anyone? remember? heheh.......it's so quiet.

Anyhoo, I've got a great quote which incorperates animals with God.
2 for 1

"They (animals) do not make me sick discussing their duty to God"
-Walt Whitman(1819-1892)
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics