About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God For discussing any and all religious viewpoints. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Keeping your sense of humor is required. Posting messages about theological paradoxes is encouraged.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2001-03-29, 23:45
Student_Zer0 Student_Zer0 is offline
Regular
 
Default With Evolution nothing matters (intresting un-biased view)...nothing is wrong....

okay...to bad I cant use this idea because I have already chosen to be a Lutheran Orthodox Christian....but anyways

Evolution Theory. Boom. Worlds come into being, chance happens as matters colides to form our sun, and gases of the nature we know form around another rock later to be called earth, life develops and evoles into us.

Now look at it from this perspective. If you beleive in evolution, nothing you do is wrong, nothing you do is right, for what is the guide of that? There are no Gods that know what is best, there is no sin, there is no afterlife you need to earn (or allow it to be given to you) You need no conciense, guilt is a phase of mind. For nothing guides what is right and wrong exept the mindset of your society, therefore, there is no right, there is no wrong.

You can be as 'evil' as you please and still feel good about yourself for you have done nothing 'wrong'

Intresting...or so I think....
 #2 
Old 2001-03-30, 01:55
lostmind lostmind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: With Evolution nothing matters (intresting un-biased view)...nothing is wrong....

even with a god there is still no right or wrong.

what gives you divine providence to know what is "proper" conduct.

did god tell you; or did man.

and i personally believe if he was upset by what i do;

he would personally tell me.

i do things some people would consider wrong; different cultures have different values but with the same base principles.

but til god tells me to my face that i'm fucked up.

i won't take the word of man.

just keep putting that money in the collection plate on sunday if it helps you sleep at night.
 #3 
Old 2001-03-30, 03:13
Cirrocco Cirrocco is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: With Evolution nothing matters (intresting un-biased view)...nothing is wrong....

ok, it's like this: either you believe in God or not...and since you speak of God as though you believe in God, then here's the facts: God said to man, whatever you say goes on earth, will be true in heaven. (<- this is a BIG period!) If you don't get it yet, here's an example. The supreme court (or the pope, or whoever can be classed as a 'big wig') sez: "It's against the law to murder someone" then if you do, God will judge you accordingly. If the court sez: "It is of the utmost in illegal activities to pick your nose in your own home", and you do, you will rot in hell.
screwed up as it is, so it was written.

------------------
check my site:
http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/cirrocco
 #4 
Old 2001-03-30, 04:49
lostmind lostmind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: With Evolution nothing matters (intresting un-biased view)...nothing is wrong....

that's no god i believe in.

did you witness god speaking these words.

or do you take man's word for it.

i smoke pot.

so because i live in america where it's illegal i'll burn in hell;

but if i lived in amsterdam where it's legal; i'd have everlasting life in eternal happiness.

even though i'd be the exact same person.

that's just fucking wrong.

and no god with at least a 6th grade education would say it was right.

you keep putting that money in the collection plate on sundays as well.

i think i'm going to start a mother goose religion.

and humpty dumpty will be the messiah who paid the price for our sins.

and no matter how advanced we are we will never put him back together again.

so what we can do to atone for the damage of killing our god the goose's son who never matured past the embryo state;

i request a donation of all your gold to build the idol of our messiah and offer it to our god.

mother goose i pray to you to heal these heathen hearts.

twisted people twisting words to get you to follow a set way of life that THEY not god THEY support;

but i suppose telling primitive man that he should be monogamous was tough to do while basically an animal;

but the threat of eternal damnation and suffering for a few minutes of earthly pleasure was just the push they needed.

with all of our advances we have gained nothing if this is still what we need to be decent to one another.

i'd get into it more but;

the reality we perceive is determined solely by input from our senses; which our personality then translates into the appropriate definition of what has transpired.

there is no absolute reality that can be percieved;

you get input from stimulants in your environment;

two people can receive the exact same inputs but personality bias from beliefs and values that you've accrued from past inputs will determine the evaluation.

and even though the results may be similar; they will still differ.

what sticks out more for one person; tends to stay in the background for another.

that is the joy of life;

you build your own reality;

you can be negative and never really truly enjoy the good things that do happen that create a balance in your reality.

you can exist in fear because some other person in their own perceived reality has told you the things you do are evil; when they have no inkling of an idea of the reality you percieve.

you can LIVE enjoying everything that life throws at you from the extremely good to the downright terrible and realize that everything that happens shapes the reality you perceive basically your personality. and relish in the fact that the reality you perceive is unique and known only by you who lived it.

i think the only true sin is restricting another individual from the enjoyment of their reality;

whether it be by killing them or telling them that they have to change their evil ways.

no religion i know of worships the being i consider god;

in humpty's name i pray oh mother goose.

amen.
 #5 
Old 2001-03-30, 04:58
lostmind lostmind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: With Evolution nothing matters (intresting un-biased view)...nothing is wrong....

the lords prayer in my religion.

row, row, row your boat
gently down the stream
merrily, merrily, merrily
life is but a dream

one of the most profound things ever written by man;

life is but a dream

i love that
 #6 
Old 2001-03-30, 16:22
Cirrocco Cirrocco is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: With Evolution nothing matters (intresting un-biased view)...nothing is wrong....

It almost sounds like your crying.
and you sound like you take offense to what I said was written in the bible. I'm only the messenger, don't kill me. Just because I'm the messenger doesn't mean I believe it, understand it, or here to judge you about it.

just sit back and relapse.
the only reason why I post here is to take you on a journey. And the only reason why I read your posts is so you can take me on a journey as well.
expand your mind. Don't be affraid to educated or be educated or you will end up hating and being hated.

------------------
check my site:
http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/cirrocco
 #7 
Old 2001-03-30, 18:16
lostmind lostmind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: With Evolution nothing matters (intresting un-biased view)...nothing is wrong....

sounds like i was crying? like a baby.

i need to expand my mind? a closed mind has no intrusions.

i'm afraid of both educating and education?
** plugs mouth and ears so no evil knowledge can enter or leave my body i just leave my eyes open out of curiousity **

did you read what i wrote or the first couple lines.
 #8 
Old 2001-03-30, 18:41
Redrover Redrover is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: With Evolution nothing matters (intresting un-biased view)...nothing is wrong....

But then trought evolution, we have developped a sence of wrong and right. We don't have to do good, we just have to do it if we want to survive. It's the whole liberty of choice thing that god gave us.
 #9 
Old 2001-03-30, 19:20
Cirrocco Cirrocco is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: With Evolution nothing matters (intresting un-biased view)...nothing is wrong....

Of course I read all of it Lostmind, did you read all of mine?

------------------
check my site:
http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/cirrocco
 #10 
Old 2001-03-31, 00:09
winki winki is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: With Evolution nothing matters (intresting un-biased view)...nothing is wrong....

Well get down with you bad selves!!
That was hella funny, enlightening, rich!!!

Lostmind, run away with me! As you were posting that I was emailing PCthug to
point out the spendid state of awareness
that allows us to feast from the tables of both horror and glory. How we enjoy our meals all the more when savoring the qualities of each of the delicate seasonings only we,
as the cooks , can be sure we're tasting.

A toast to horror and glory , to ours and theirs , yours and his.......It makes my food taste better just watching everyone eating whatever it is they've cooked up.

Hey! pardon me but isn't that a cumino powder expression on your face?

Ooops!, gulp... talking w/ mouth full
-going to hell for sure now.....

Save me lostmind!

I quack to thee....on broken wing
Save me Mother Goose!
Teach me the golden verses to sing
Deliver me from this roost!

I am but an ugly duck, self-awareness be damned!
Please lay my evil ways to rest in alligator land!

now then, The king asked the queen and the queen asked the dairy maid,
may I have some butter for the royal slice of bread?
The dairy maid she curtsied and went and asked the alderny

alderny=religion

Keep on thinking good thoughts about bunny rabbits, even if they are long out of production, remember it's not just a VW,
It's a porsche!

A really odd concoction would be this thread and the one about time and space combined into goulasch, No! I've got it...go ahead and make the goulasch, but then! use it for filling ...Baked Bean Burrito Brilliance
with Bernaise sauce, hell anything tastes good with Bernaise sauce

On math tests, why does there have to be a right answer and a wrong answer? Instead,
Couldn't we call them impressions? and if you
got a different impression than someone else,
So What? Can't we all just get along?

Something like that anyways, Deep Thoughts

I liked your initial response, and then I scrolled down and didn't like it as much, but then I scrolled down even more and it sprang to life and tickled me, so then I loved it.

I found religion, I wrote a poem, I hate math
That's why I am certain it would be great in bed! Fuck Math!

btw-several months ago on the way to school my son and I came up with what was at the moment an idea so hilarious neither of us could hardly breath, so hysterical was the
visual...and it applies to this, more than it ever has to anything else,except that moment.

Picture a crowded auditorium ,a darkened stage..the lights go down, the curtain comes
up and a band of 4 soulful brother ducks , wings bent at the elbow fists clenched and dancing ala the temptations flapping in perfect unison, one in the forefront the other three in the back doing a combination of the funky chicken and the hustle-the front
man duck spinning and flapping backwards in perfect time to the beat as the next duck struts forward into the limelight. This is
performed to a booming rendition of Go Away

1st duck-*moves forward* "I'm doing the best I ever did"(in donald duck voice of course)
2nd duck-*moves forward* "I'm doing the best that I can"
3rd duck-*mvs.frwd.*"I'm doing the best I ever did"
4th duck*joins them* "So go away" the other three simultaneously spin backwards flapping in unison like the Ojays , and it continues like this "quack quackata quack quack quack quack quackquackata quackin quack quack quadkquack"
The name of the band is GODSQuack and I wish
I had mad animation skills, cause I swear to you it really was funny as Hell!

 #11 
Old 2001-03-31, 17:55
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: With Evolution nothing matters (intresting un-biased view)...nothing is wrong....

OMG.. between "and no god with at least a 6th grade education would say it was right." and Godsquack, I don't think I've seen a funnier thread on TOTSE.. I dunno, something about God on a short bus just rendered me speechless.
 #12 
Old 2001-03-31, 22:57
Student_Zer0 Student_Zer0 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: With Evolution nothing matters (intresting un-biased view)...nothing is wrong....

lol........dam, how things can wander off course......................
oh well, fuk it
---------------------------------------------
Life's to shot to be cynical
Ehh, it figures
 #13 
Old 2001-04-01, 04:52
winki winki is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: With Evolution nothing matters (intresting un-biased view)...nothing is wrong....

student - listen, I 'm sorry for what you might construe as negative intentions having takin this thread off topic.

I would, were I you, print this out and keep it. Well, if the printer was working and thn until I got in one of those "what is all this stuff?" cleaning moods.

someday, maybe sooner, maybe later, you will
realize the irony and be proud to have been a key in the founding of the Church of Mother Goose! It is no small occasion, of that you may be certain.

Now about the opening line of your opening post. Please, to get the most out of life and what life offers you, since you have decided to be a L.O.C., you owe it to yourself and your identity, which by choosing as you have is in some ways strengthened, still in others
it might seem diminished. But! since you have chosen as you have, please take a copy of your opening post to your minister sometime during the week, make an appointment or something. Show him the post and ask him for his honest thoughts on the theory.

Remember, he has likely had a number of years of eduction in the area of religion and philosophy and as the leader for the L.O.C. in your community, he ought to be glad and able to discuss with you this, such a compelling and as you've noted, interesting view of things.

Similarly CIROCCO might like to print out the entire thread for his records.

Please allow me to extend honorary memberships in the Church of mother goose to both of you. Although I have not consulted with BrotherLostmind on this matter I hope he will be in agreement that such is indicated.

Also just fyi , and not to be a bitch or anything, just in case you didn't know or remember...the word too when it refers to an excess or addition is too.

Do you know where you're going to?
Do you like the stuff you're knowing too?
How many horns on it's head now? Two
Ok.
 #14 
Old 2001-04-08, 20:27
Student_Zer0 Student_Zer0 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: With Evolution nothing matters (intresting un-biased view)...nothing is wrong....

Winki...wtf is wrong with you...mother goose? who the hell wants to worhip mother goose? ...Its father goose...yea...hes way cooler.....lol heh

...maybe I would take it to my paster....but
1)I dont like him as a human being. He pisses me off...hes one of those people you just dont talk to because they are bad company...
and 2) I am trying to get confirmed so I dont have to deal with as much shit from my parents....heh....
 #15 
Old 2001-04-17, 23:04
iota iota is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: With Evolution nothing matters (intresting un-biased view)...nothing is wrong....

Religion and cult. What is the difference? Taken from csj.org:
quote:

Religion re�li�gion

Pronunciation: ri-'li-j&n
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English religioun, from Latin religion-, religio supernatural constraint, sanction, religious practice, perhaps from religare to restrain, tie back -- more at RELY
Date: 13th century

a : the state of a religious <a nun in her 20th year of religion>
b (1) : the service and worship of God or the supernatural
(2) : commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance
a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices
archaic : scrupulous conformity : CONSCIENTIOUSNESS
a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith
- re�li�gion�less adjective

Synonyms creed, --> | cult | <---, faith, persuasion



Oh my gawd!

[This message has been edited by iota (edited 04-19-2001).]
 #16 
Old 2001-04-19, 05:46
L-i-q-u-i-d L-i-q-u-i-d is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: With Evolution nothing matters (intresting un-biased view)...nothing is wrong....

lostmind I feel ya man I to live in America and smoke pot and while society thinks well he smokes pot;hes going straight to Hell;do not pass goal;do not collect 200 dollars. Its your intentions for doing whatever you do in life and its about your personal relationship with god that counts to think that Im going to Hell cuz I smoke in america and Drugsy over in Amsterdam aint is Fuckin obsurred.
 #17 
Old 2001-04-24, 22:52
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: With Evolution nothing matters (intresting un-biased view)...nothing is wrong....

My brothers God father is a rabbi and we were over at their place for Passover when he gave me his annual God lecture, only this time he said something I actually hadn't thought of before. (Bare in mind, I do not speak for the Atheists here, because I am a fairly devoted Jew.) He asked me, first, what the difference between right and wrong was, and then he asked me if I knew when I was doing right or when I was doing wrong. Of course, I said I did and then he asked me how I know what is right and what is wrong, since God created us and he created the wind and the tides and the made the Earth rotate on it's axis. I mean, he created rhythm, thus creating rule and reason. Therefore, when you read the Torah (which is supposed to be the word of God and explain what the exact rules of life are) you read the true rules of right and wrong instead of your perception of right and wrong.

Now, I do not follow the rules of the Torah. In fact, I've never even read the Torah, if you want to know the truth. But, I do know my internal concience, and even though, perhaps that is not the true right and wrong, it's the rules I live by and I think I'm a good person.

The thing about Evoloution that gets me is there seems to be a missing link. This missing link is what really convincing me that God exists. It's that they use the theory of the Big Bang. They say that there were all these gases mingling up together until they just combusted and gizzed out the universe. But, here's my question: where did those gases come from and where were those gases? I mean, they had to have come from somewhere and they had to be somewhere.

Also, when you think about it, what do you get when you break down matter? Molecules. Atoms. Electron. Protons. Nuetrons. But, when it all boils down to it, all you have is energy. Light vibrations, and it's the same for everything. So, technically I am made out of the same stuff as this computer that I'm writing on this very minute. Only, the two of us have two different light vibrations. I find this the reason to why people can read minds - because mental waves are just a different type of energy vibration and if you can tap into that, you could read minds very simply.

One thing to think about, though, is that "matter cannot die, it can only be altered" which means that no molecules die and none are born. We have been given a finite ammount of molecules to work with in this universe and while humans and other being live and die, our bodies - in theory - never truly die. They only stop working.

Cheers,
Lost
 #18 
Old 2001-04-25, 02:15
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: With Evolution nothing matters (intresting un-biased view)...nothing is wrong....

LostCause.. droppin some Zen.. yeah..
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics