|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God For discussing any and all religious viewpoints. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Keeping your sense of humor is required. Posting messages about theological paradoxes is encouraged. |
 |
|
#1
 2000-10-08, 04:20
|
ana7 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Is There A God?
I pose the age old question: How can a God who is all powerful and all good allow such suffering and pain in this world. Every religion seeks to answer this question, and yet they seem to be somehow incomplete.
|
|
#2
 2000-10-08, 05:42
|
Z3m 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is There A God?
...because evil is good.
|
|
#3
 2000-10-08, 06:05
|
Evil_Mastermind 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is There A God?
thats what I always say
|
|
#4
 2000-10-08, 07:02
|
Spiffy McBang 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is There A God?
"So you see, Lonestar, evil will always triumph because good is dumb."
|
|
#5
 2000-10-08, 07:09
|
lostmind 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is There A God?
if there were no evil, how would you define good, and if there were no good how would you define evil?
i can accept the pain and suffering i feel for the joy and pleasure that i also feel. without one there is no way the other could be.
|
|
#6
 2000-10-08, 10:51
|
Z3m 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is There A God?
That's why heaven would suck and hell would be aight.
"I told you never to call me on this wall!"
|
|
#7
 2000-10-08, 10:55
|
lostmind 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is There A God?
"they've gone plaid!"
|
|
#8
 2000-10-08, 15:52
|
Spiffy McBang 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is There A God?
"It's MegaMaid! She's gone from suck to blow!"
Oh, wait, that should be in the Sex and Affection section, sorry. :lol
|
|
#9
 2000-10-09, 15:21
|
Trippy_McGee 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is There A God?
Yes there is a God. And he's me.
Rules are : If I like you, you go to heavan ; no matter how evil you are. Heaven consists of living in a huge mansion in a dream world and getting as much of anything you could possibly want, drugs with no comedowns, naked philipino sex slaves, food, cars, whatever the hell you want.
If I don't like you you go to hell and get your arse whumped by nazis 24/7.
Like some of the more popular "gods", I need your money. And money can buy affection. So send me money and I will pretend to like you until you die, then send you to hell and laugh hysterically.
|
|
#10
 2000-10-09, 22:33
|
soullace 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is There A God?
Trippy, i was going to write you a $1,000 check too. Now look you blew your chance.
|
|
#11
 2000-10-10, 00:33
|
lostmind 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is There A God?
hey trippy a pretty good summation of religious systems, not of god though, funny nonetheless.
|
|
#12
 2000-10-10, 22:07
|
|
|
Re: Is There A God?
hehe. better not let Enigma know... he may be angry that his position is being threatened.
trippy, how goes the no drug thing?
|
|
#13
 2000-10-11, 03:56
|
Jadedfool 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is There A God?
You trying to supercede my prior claims boy?
*pulls out bfk*
Throw down bitch...
|
|
#14
 2000-10-12, 17:03
|
Trippy_McGee 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is There A God?
Throw down? Never!
Thou shallt not correct mine grammatical errors, lest my temprement by fueled with the fire of frantic fury, and lest my heart by filled with the fortitude of fanatical frenzy. Thou shallt drop to thy knees and beg, lest I visit thy very house with mine flaming shotgun and rain sulpher and cordite apon ye, and burn ye with mine muzzle flares. For I am a God of pettyness, wrath and the occaisional mid-morning lunch, usually a sandwich with smoked turkey and expensive mustard 'tween it's bready walls. Bow to my priests, for they are my harbingers, they are my warriors, they are my very worldly essance (typed resumes only) Obey each and every word they utter, for their needs are imperitive and can not be denied e'en to tie a tourniquet o'er thy own gushing arteries. I am omnipotent, omnivescent, omnipresent, and all other words that bear the prefix uttered in the latter three adjectives pertaining to mine self. I fear no big fucking guns, I throw down to no jaded fools. To face me is to face the very face of my face. Offend my word and I willst bring plagues apon ye in the form of door-to-door salesmen and rank odours. I willst send archangels of doom to thy very door, to ring at thy doorbell and to leave flaming bags of excrement and cod. I willst sodomise you with a well-oiled hectapod. Try my tolerance, and thy shallt sample my wrath first-hand.
Thus Trippy hast spoken, and thus is is law.
|
|
#15
 2000-10-12, 20:44
|
Spiffy McBang 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is There A God?
He's breaking out the hectapod? This is serious.
|
|
#16
 2000-10-12, 20:51
|
Eldritch 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is There A God?
*SQUIZBIT*
|
|
#17
 2000-10-13, 12:17
|
Astro~Boy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is There A God?
Ana that is a tough question , I dont have a complete answer but do have some ideas .
Free will , this relates to Human generated evil and that if there was to be absolute good in our world then God must mute our free will ( or reality to prevent the action from effecting negative * evil * ripples into existence )
For a Christian attempt at explaining this problem maybe you'd be interested in reading my first reply in the * God and other illusions * thread .
|
|
#18
 2000-10-13, 18:51
|
Trippy_McGee 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is There A God?
WHAT? How many times do I have to tell you. I AM GOD. BOW TO ME. Or I'll send the Seraphim of Sodomy to sodomise anything starting with an "s".
|
|
#19
 2000-10-13, 19:00
|
sckbch 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is There A God?
Watch it. Or I'll have bapple make you his bitch. You'll be one divine bitch...trippy.
|
|
#20
 2000-10-14, 04:19
|
Trippy_McGee 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is There A God?
Relax Marius, you're perfectly safe. I'm a little concerned about Suz though.
|
|
#21
 2000-10-14, 04:56
|
Z3m 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is There A God?
I'm God. Say "hi" to God.
|
|
#22
 2000-10-14, 14:08
|
AltF4 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is There A God?
If you can believe there is an omnipotent being, couldn't you agree he might know something you don't? Therefore, who would you be to question him/her/it?
|
|
#23
 2000-10-15, 02:24
|
Z3m 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is There A God?
I know. You guys should really stop questioning me.
|
|
#24
 2000-10-15, 04:24
|
Trippy_McGee 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is There A God?
*sends the Seraphim of Sodomy down to sodomise sssZ3m*
|
|
#25
 2000-10-15, 13:11
|
winki 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is There A God?
C'mon Z3m sing us some old jim stafford! God does take requests you know
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|