|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Politics: Left, Right, and Center National, state, regional, and local politics. Who's doing what to whom, and what you can do about it. How-to-get-action messages are encouraged. "How the government fucked up my life" stories are encouraged. Sharing new methods for cheating on taxes is encouraged. Sample "letters to congresscritters" are encouraged. Apathy and "I can't do anything" posts are discouraged. Left, right, centrist, or any other form of political-economic systems are all up for discussion. Be prepared to defend yourself, or at least have a good line of bullshit ready. Extensive quoting of economists and philosophers is frowned upon. We want to hear what YOU have to say, not what some constipated, impotent, dead guy dreamt up while suffering from the DT's over a hundred years ago thought. |
 |
|
#1
 2003-01-07, 23:46
|
whazat 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Totse Member for President!
Your chance to nominate a member of this board for President of the United States of America. It can't be yourself. Give a reason.
However gets the most votes gets a Virtual Ticker Tape parade and inauguration.
No-one vote for me, I know I would get ousted by a popular revolution funded by the Motor Industry, Jewish Lobby, RIAA and Microsoft in about three weeks.
|
|
#2
 2003-01-08, 08:29
|
Nox 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Totse Member for President!
quote: Originally posted by whazat: I know I would get ousted by a popular revolution funded by the Motor Industry, Jewish Lobby, RIAA and Microsoft in about three weeks.
Not to mention the fact that you do not qualify. Nox
|
|
#3
 2003-01-08, 09:52
|
whazat 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Totse Member for President!
Could I be dual nationality and over 21? But does it really matter, this was supposed to be a light hearted way we could get to know about others poilitical views.
|
|
#4
 2003-01-08, 16:42
|
LebaneseFighter 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Totse Member for President!
I hereby nominate myself as the first presidsent with some arab blood lol
but in all seriousness, i think it would be cool to have a smart arab guy as president, not like a fundamentalist or any of that shit, but a respectable arab guy with a western education prolly will never happen but...
|
|
#5
 2003-01-08, 16:55
|
0 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Totse Member for President!
You dont have to have western education to be respectable !!! Many Presidents, Kings, Monarches are respectable without education !!!
|
|
#6
 2003-01-08, 19:31
|
NukeChild 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Totse Member for President!
And they killed anyone who said otherwise! 
|
|
#7
 2003-01-08, 19:37
|
Nox 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Totse Member for President!
quote: Originally posted by whazat: Could I be dual nationality and over 21? But does it really matter, this was supposed to be a light hearted way we could get to know about others poilitical views.
Indeed. Lighten up ... I too was making a joke. I think it's great that a Brit brought this subject up. Small point: 21 isn't good enough ... 35 is the magic number for President. Nox
|
|
#8
 2003-01-08, 21:27
|
|
|
Re: Totse Member for President!
Nox, obviously.
Because he used to post on LIA.
|
|
#9
 2003-01-09, 21:17
|
whazat 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Totse Member for President!
Nox. Damn. I'll have to get my fake passport changed, now.
|
|
#10
 2003-01-09, 21:23
|
Nox 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Totse Member for President!
///////////whazat for President//////////
Did I do that right Chucky?
Nox
|
|
#11
 2003-01-09, 21:27
|
eddie_in_flames 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Totse Member for President!
you could always try becoming Prime Minister, paying Oxford to change the meaning of certain words like and "freedom" and "nation" to render the declaration of independence invalid. (I'm sure they were still using OED definitions at the time.)
|
|
#12
 2003-01-09, 22:04
|
whazat 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Totse Member for President!
Could have posted a topic about who would people vote for prime minister.
But my mind conjured visions of people, saying "who would want to be prime minister of a faded imperial power with delusions of grandeur and I mean it rains all the time there, that would suck" so I thought heck why not do America. Who people would choose for "THE MOST POWERFUL MAN IN THE WORLD" as he is sometimes reffered to over here, would reveal insights into peoples minds.
Sorry eddie history ain't my strong point you've lost me.
Look Nox I said no-one vote for me, I don't want to end up a front page corpse with Donald Rumsfeld with a foot on my backwith logos of Microsoft and GM on his combat fatigues.
Just for that I will vote for Nox, just for the amusement value of him trying to deal with all the moaning liberals, without creating more moaning liberals.
/********VOTE FOR NOX*****************/
Isn't like this?
|
|
#13
 2003-01-09, 23:14
|
|
|
Re: Totse Member for President!
Nox for pres
Wintermute for First Lady
|
|
#14
 2003-01-09, 23:29
|
Nox 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Totse Member for President!
I absolutely refuse to have an "I Love Nox" thread. Quit trying to give me a coronary.
Nox
|
|
#15
 2003-01-10, 00:32
|
|
Regular
|
|
Mission Viejo CA USA
|
|
Re: Totse Member for President!
i would definately vote for nox
|
|
#16
 2003-01-10, 04:32
|
bootsauce 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Totse Member for President!
I'm out. I've smoked just enough dope to permanently disqualify myself from the indignity of being elected to public office. And yes, I inhaled.
|
|
#17
 2003-01-10, 06:50
|
Vox 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Totse Member for President!
Youthful indiscretion, my friend, youthful indiscretion. If you've found God since, you qualify, as long as your daddy's a former president and you don't mind being a punchline puppet.
|
|
#18
 2003-01-10, 15:06
|
ChuckStone 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Totse Member for President!
!!!!!!!!!!PrinceCharmant for President!!!!!!!
You need a leftwing president. 200 years of history and still no left wing president.
Whilst I agree that the average wage of the proletariat has risen gradually over the last 200 years (although it has dropped since the 70s), the wage of the bourgeoise has DRAMATICALLY risen. ANd it threatens to rise further and further. This of course needs to be stopped.
I would put myself forward for this but I am immensely unpopular (kinda like Dick Nixon). Plus you can't vote for yourself.
so...
!!!!!!!!!!PrinceCharmant for President!!!!!!!
[This message has been edited by ChuckStone (edited 01-10-2003).]
|
|
#19
 2003-01-10, 15:54
|
whazat 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Totse Member for President!
quote: Originally posted by ChuckStone: !!!!!!!!!!PrinceCharmant for President!!!!!!!
So thats how you do it. Well you live and learn, eh Nox.
|
|
#20
 2003-01-10, 18:34
|
Nox 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Totse Member for President!
quote: Originally posted by Nox: ///////////whazat for President//////////
quote: Originally posted by ChuckStone: !!!!!!!!!!PrinceCharmant for President!!!!!!!
quote: Originally posted by Nox: Did I do that right Chucky?
Obviously, I did not. Therefore: !!!!!!!!!!whazat for President!!!!!!! Nox [This message has been edited by ChuckStone (edited 01-10-2003).]
|
|
#21
 2003-01-11, 21:25
|
whazat 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Totse Member for President!
I declare this topic Closed.
The counts in reverse order were whazat 1 (disqualified for not wanting to do it) princecharmant 1 Nox 3
I hearby declare that Nox is the President of the US.
Unfortunately I have no authority to do that.
But jolly good show Nox.
Nobody gave a reason but never mind.....
|
|
#22
 2003-01-12, 09:20
|
SATURNROCKETX 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Totse Member for President!
I suggest any Totse user running for Head Corruption Turdling to use "I put the TOOT in Totse" in their campaigne slogan.
|
|
#23
 2003-01-12, 12:34
|
ChuckStone 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Totse Member for President!
I think there should be a Totse president. Who is appointed by the moderators to do Presidenty stuff... you know like tell people to shut the fuck up and stuff. And give them a sense of self-importance. Just like an important title to go under your name instead of "regular". So in this case, Nox would be the President, and PrinceCharmant would be the shadow leader. Who's job it is to tell Nox he is a bastard and the like. And it'd be Nox's job to tell Nox that he is no good at his job (obviously it is a little confusing if Nox is the President)
|
|
#24
 2003-01-12, 12:38
|
Nox 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Totse Member for President!
God Chucky, there are times you make sense. Unfortunately, this is not one of them.
Nox
|
|
#25
 2003-01-12, 15:41
|
|
|
Re: Totse Member for President!
How about "King" Nox??
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|