About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Politics: Left, Right, and Center
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Politics: Left, Right, and Center National, state, regional, and local politics. Who's doing what to whom, and what you can do about it. How-to-get-action messages are encouraged. "How the government fucked up my life" stories are encouraged. Sharing new methods for cheating on taxes is encouraged. Sample "letters to congresscritters" are encouraged. Apathy and "I can't do anything" posts are discouraged. Left, right, centrist, or any other form of political-economic systems are all up for discussion. Be prepared to defend yourself, or at least have a good line of bullshit ready. Extensive quoting of economists and philosophers is frowned upon. We want to hear what YOU have to say, not what some constipated, impotent, dead guy dreamt up while suffering from the DT's over a hundred years ago thought.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2003-01-03, 00:56
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Most people here are very dumb

These forums crack me up. Everyone is ripping on Bush, America, and everything with these bland innuendos and leftist rhetoric. I check once in a while to check on all the brainwashed idiots who believe everything and anything their agenda-driven professors and favorite media personalities told them.
It is so damn easy be Anti-American and claim that the "US holds itself above international law" and "should be inspected for weapons of mass destruction" (this just in - we got 'em).
Whether you want to admit it or not, taking the politically correct route and blaming America for everything is akin to taking the easy way out. Don't be sheep. Sheep are fucking boring.
 #2 
Old 2003-01-03, 01:38
Regular
 
eagan mn usa
Default Re: Most people here are very dumb

Baa??
 #3 
Old 2003-01-03, 01:45
Armed&Angry Armed&Angry is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Most people here are very dumb

Yeah, this is kind of sad. Ever look at that ChuckStone kid's posts? He basically survives on vague assertions and calling his opponent a racist. Call him on this stupid behavior, and he immediately claims to have concretely proven every single bullshit point he's tried to make. Pathetic.
 #4 
Old 2003-01-03, 02:48
Joe Boo Joe Boo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Most people here are very dumb

quote:
Originally posted by Lokil:
These forums crack me up. Everyone is ripping on Bush, America, and everything with these bland innuendos and leftist rhetoric. I check once in a while to check on all the brainwashed idiots who believe everything and anything their agenda-driven professors and favorite media personalities told them.
It is so damn easy be Anti-American and claim that the "US holds itself above international law" and "should be inspected for weapons of mass destruction" (this just in - we got 'em).
Whether you want to admit it or not, taking the politically correct route and blaming America for everything is akin to taking the easy way out. Don't be sheep. Sheep are fucking boring.



Correct, unfortunatly, I think you are tiring your fingers for no reason, It's like talking to yourself when you try to reason with these degenerate fuckwads.
 #5 
Old 2003-01-03, 03:14
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Most people here are very dumb

But Joe, you do it, why shouldn't Lokil?

Nox
 #6 
Old 2003-01-03, 03:25
Fascistsmasher Fascistsmasher is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Most people here are very dumb

Lokil you have a damn good point. And its sad really that that is how todays "left" represents itself. And people wonder why America is slowly sliding center-right. Oh well i guess that what happens when public education and the government itself discourages free thought. For the record I myself am a socialist not that it really needed to be noted
 #7 
Old 2003-01-03, 03:33
Dmac Dmac is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Most people here are very dumb

just cause bush is black
 #8 
Old 2003-01-03, 05:17
Joe Boo Joe Boo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Most people here are very dumb

quote:
Originally posted by Nox:
But Joe, you do it, why shouldn't Lokil?

Nox



Someone had to let Lokil know.
 #9 
Old 2003-01-03, 10:17
123Tool 123Tool is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Most people here are very dumb

International "Law" is simple. He with the biggest stick wins. How can America hold itself above such a law?
 #10 
Old 2003-01-03, 12:43
UnclNastyFingerz UnclNastyFingerz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Most people here are very dumb

I agree with this topic, although I find it annoying that it's author and others won't admit that the right wing has it's share of sheep, too.

Are you seriously telling me that all leftists are brainwashed idiots but your average flag waving jingoist church goer is an individual that sees through propaghanda.

All political ideals have propaghanda. Some people seem to think their ideals are correct, and are therefore shared by individuals and intellgient thinkers, but ideas they disagree with are wrong and everyone that believes them is a herd animal.
 #11 
Old 2003-01-03, 16:58
Armed&Angry Armed&Angry is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Most people here are very dumb

Of course the Right has its share of mindless dumbasses. One of them is in my physics class. And for the record, I don't count myself as a conservative (unless we're counting paleoconservatives...). But I recall going to a Young Democrats meeting once, just for kicks. It was full of aimless kids who knew only one thing - the rich suck and somebody is oppressing us, la di da. I find that the new generation of conservatives, while still short-sighted sometimes, at least give a little more thought to things. They're well read, they're well organized, and they explain their point of view with logic and reason, rather than screaming slogans and waving signs at each other. That's just my opinion, based on my experiences.

[This message has been edited by Armed&Angry (edited 01-03-2003).]
 #12 
Old 2003-01-03, 17:41
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Most people here are very dumb

You took the words from my keyboard ... that is my experience as well. If anyone wants to argue your point, I reference Paul Wellstone's funeral ... a totally sad commentary for the Democratic Party, its leadership (who organized it), and the surviving Wellstone children (who not only let it happen, but participated as well).

Nox
 #13 
Old 2003-01-03, 18:20
Armed&Angry Armed&Angry is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Most people here are very dumb

quote:
Originally posted by Nox:
You took the words from my keyboard ... that is my experience as well. If anyone wants to argue your point, I reference Paul Wellstone's funeral ... a totally sad commentary for the Democratic Party, its leadership (who organized it), and the surviving Wellstone children (who not only let it happen, but participated as well).

Nox



An excellent example of the Democrats shooting themselves in the foot with their self-righteous behavior. I can't name a single Democrat in my Political Science class who wasn't utterly appalled by that. If not for that spectacular 11th hour blunder, the Democrats might have another seat in the senate.
 #14 
Old 2003-01-03, 18:40
UnclNastyFingerz UnclNastyFingerz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Most people here are very dumb

Most intelligent, politically active right wingers I know are intelligent and thoughtful. I've actually noticed they're more open to new ideas then most leftists. The key words are intelligent and politically active.

The sheep I'm referring to are mostly middle aged investment bankers that live in suburban America. They're members of the NRA, they hunt, they wave American flags out their windows and stick them on their cars, and they claim that we're the greatest country ever, and go to church on sundays. If someone asks them what exactly is so great about America, they just stop functioning.

I can respect patriots. I'm a patriot myself in many ways, although I disagree with many of the government's policies. I have no problem with people that support these policies as long as they're capable and willing to discuss why. I'll respect anyone that listens and considers what I say as much as I listen to what they have to say. Several right wingers I know are completely incapable of this. They just assume that their coutnry's the greatest because Dick Cheney said so. I'm not denying the left has it's share of similar minded individuals (btw, by "left" I do not mean democrats), but before waving accusations at us in general you need to closely examine your average flag waiving blind jingoist.
 #15 
Old 2003-01-03, 21:42
Armed&Angry Armed&Angry is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Most people here are very dumb

I live in the suburbs. I don't hunt, but I would love to join the NRA someday, if only because they're the largest 2nd Amendment group in the country. I used to go to church on Sundays, until I abandoned it in favor of personal, private introspection (sleep). And I proudly display the American flag.

The fact that I do these things doesn't mean that I couldn't tell you why I do these things - I'd gladly do so, though only by specific request, as that isn't really the topic of the thread. And it certainly doesn't mean that I think everything is A-OK in America. Go to my website some time; it's just pages and pages of me and my friends bitching endlessly about what's wrong with this country.

I suppose the lesson here is that there are idiots on all sides of the political spectrum. But just because somebody does something you consider idiotic doesn't mean they don't have some very sensible reasoning behind it.
 #16 
Old 2003-01-03, 22:16
Regular
 
Default Re: Most people here are very dumb

Uncl is the kind of guy that Lokil is talking about. His charachterization of the surburban investment-banker is prime evidence. He also charachterizes all outdoor sportsmen as rednecks, probably due to an unfortunate and brutal incident, suffered on a float-trip.
 #17 
Old 2003-01-03, 22:19
MSW2006 MSW2006 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Most people here are very dumb

Well, I suppose that it is time for my two cents:

I'm not exactly anti-American, though I, at the current time, do not support the executive branch at the federal level (The White House/Bush). I supported Clinton partly, but not totally, because Clinton asked Attorney General Janet Reno to find a way 'around the constituition' when it came to the search of federal public housing projects in Chicago. Do some research, and you'll see.

As for why I don't support Bush, it's because he has made too many changes that favor the rich, which I disagree with. I'm hoping that the Democrat from one of the Carolinas who wants to run for president, gets to win and implements his promises in 2004 - those promises to help the common man. Of course, I'm working on the development of a new country, but I suppose that's beside the point.

Maybe for once, a campaigner will keep his promises. Then, he would, deserve to be elected.
 #18 
Old 2003-01-03, 23:01
Regular
 
VA
Default Re: Most people here are very dumb

Righist sheep are typically silent.
 #19 
Old 2003-01-04, 01:39
punkrawkerstonershit punkrawkerstonershit is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Most people here are very dumb

I doubt that the senator will do that. HE is a millionare lawyer. Just like Bush who is a millionare. The rich will always support the rich because they are the ones who fund their campaign. I want a hard working middle-class person in the White House.
 #20 
Old 2003-01-04, 01:48
Regular
 
Default Re: Most people here are very dumb

Why? because you're hard-working middle-class?
 #21 
Old 2003-01-04, 03:23
Armed&Angry Armed&Angry is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Most people here are very dumb

You're too wrapped up in the money. Remember, politicians aren't just your run of the mill whores; they're also massive vote whores. For the most part, they go where the voters take them.

(And my deepest apologies to all the whores who may have been hurt by the comparison.)

[This message has been edited by Armed&Angry (edited 01-04-2003).]
 #22 
Old 2003-01-04, 04:30
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Most people here are very dumb

quote:
Originally posted by user X:
probably due to an unfortunate and brutal incident, suffered on a float-trip.


*Banjo music rings in Noxs' ears*

Nox
 #23 
Old 2003-01-04, 05:40
Armed&Angry Armed&Angry is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Most people here are very dumb

*Screams as the thought sears his mind*
 #24 
Old 2003-01-04, 11:45
UnclNastyFingerz UnclNastyFingerz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Most people here are very dumb

I live in the suburbs, and I put up an American flag on Independence Day. Michael Moore hunts, and is a member of the NRA.

I'm simply referring to a type of person that think's America is the greatest country in the world but doesn't know why.
 #25 
Old 2003-01-04, 20:27
Regular
 
VA
Default Re: Most people here are very dumb

They shouldn't have to know why. That's not their job.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics