About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Politics: Left, Right, and Center
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Politics: Left, Right, and Center National, state, regional, and local politics. Who's doing what to whom, and what you can do about it. How-to-get-action messages are encouraged. "How the government fucked up my life" stories are encouraged. Sharing new methods for cheating on taxes is encouraged. Sample "letters to congresscritters" are encouraged. Apathy and "I can't do anything" posts are discouraged. Left, right, centrist, or any other form of political-economic systems are all up for discussion. Be prepared to defend yourself, or at least have a good line of bullshit ready. Extensive quoting of economists and philosophers is frowned upon. We want to hear what YOU have to say, not what some constipated, impotent, dead guy dreamt up while suffering from the DT's over a hundred years ago thought.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-31, 04:49
Genital-Warfare Genital-Warfare is offline
Regular
 
Default Liberals: Please Explain

I want some to tell me how liberals think they solve anything by making more laws...or banning somthing.

I cant get over how dumb they are, first off they are pro choice, wich is a fine veiwpoint which i can understand although i dont like it with some exptions; but then they say the dont like guns cause they kill people...!?!?

I just cant comprehend it, if they want to save lives, sponcer some gun safty schools not just say something illegal, that wont stop anything. They make bans on asult weapons wich is a pistol with a magizine in a different spot or a .223 varmit rifle that looks like military gun so now it illegal, like that ban will stop a criminal whose gonna kill someone, ya right. These people are striping our rights a little bit at a time.

Now california is banning handguns!!! Although they have a small list of state aproved guns; the list will grow smaller by the days,I have like one day left to get one before price soar out of my range,

The worst part is that they say they're doing it for our safty, like australia did before violent crime jumped 800%. Why dont these people look at places like scandinavia where everyone is required to keep a gun in their homes, and crime is at the lowest in the entire world. This isnt the kind of safty i want,

We have people like michel moore, what a joke he is, saying if guns were illegal their would be no crime,bullshit their would be no deturent; criminals would walk all over us. Critizising the NRA for being a minoritie, but then critizing gun owners for being rasist! He blamed guns for Columbine, instaed of blaming the fuck ups who harast hazed and bulied some poor kids into comiting the ultimate crime.

There should be one gun law: comite any violent crime or felony with a gun 5 years, pull it 10 years, pull the trigger 15, hit someone 25 to life. Thats all you need, every other gun law hurt honest citizens and harm the criminals none.

I posted this in RTBA but i want to see this from a political point of view, mabey Nox can clear some stuff up for me...

CTR
 #2 
Old 2002-12-31, 20:29
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Liberals: Please Explain

quote:
Originally posted by Genital-Warfare:
I want some to tell me how liberals think they solve anything by making more laws...or banning somthing.

mabey Nox can clear some stuff up for me...



I do not intend to trivialize or demean but as near as I can figure the Liberal 'philosophy' is that gubment (spelling intentional) can solve all our problems.

My personal feelings are that 'gubments' cause most of our problems.

Hope that helps.

Nox
 #3 
Old 2002-12-31, 21:47
Regular
 
Default Re: Liberals: Please Explain

It never ceases to amuse me how many American consider firearm regulations to be the primary indicator of freedom.
 #4 
Old 2002-12-31, 21:56
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Liberals: Please Explain

Nor do I.

Nox
 #5 
Old 2003-01-01, 21:15
Genital-Warfare Genital-Warfare is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Liberals: Please Explain

If i made any errors spelling im sorry, its not my thing to proofred for an internet community. I hope the thoughts and veiwpoints i have will show my intelgence more than my spelling.

As for firearm regulations to be the primary indicator of freedom thats not my point, it that there is no reason they should be banned(it make as much sence as banning cars because car acidents kill people) and that more people lives would be saved if guns were more acesible, and money went to education programs not enfocrement of stupid laws.

CTR
 #6 
Old 2003-01-02, 07:33
Iscariot Iscariot is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Liberals: Please Explain

Genital Warfare - "it that there is no reason they should be banned(it make as much sence as banning cars because car acidents kill people)"

No thats not even close to what the point may be.
The true intent of a car is to get around. The true intent of a gun, whether it be defensive or offensive, is to KILL.

You want education programs for GUNS?
Whatever do you mean by this? That every citizen in the US is required to have a gun?
Do you really want a world where the everyday accessories for a person is a wallet, a cellphone and a GUN?
Think morally here.

Yes places like Scandinavia may have the lowest crime rate in the world thanks to guns (I don't know this for sure but I'll trust you on this one) but I wouldn't want to live in a world where I would have to fear my neighboor. Honestly I would be scared shitless of every person even if I carried a gun or not.

[This message has been edited by Iscariot (edited 01-02-2003).]
 #7 
Old 2003-01-02, 16:09
Armed&Angry Armed&Angry is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Liberals: Please Explain

People in Switzerland and places like that DON'T fear guns, because guns are more common and they don't feel a need to freak out around them. Think critically here. Why is it that the simple possession of a firearm would turn your neighbor into something to be feared?

The Simpsons is a great show, but it isn't the best source for gun control facts, m'kay?
 #8 
Old 2003-01-02, 16:29
TheMouse TheMouse is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Liberals: Please Explain

If I lived in a high crime area, damn right I'd be packing a gun. Yes, the point of a gun is to kill. Good. If someone tried to rape or mug me, I'd want to kill them.
 #9 
Old 2003-01-02, 17:54
Genital-Warfare Genital-Warfare is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Liberals: Please Explain

The intent of a gun is the same a s the intent of a car, they cant do anything to harm someone without an idiot to do it.

CTR
 #10 
Old 2003-01-02, 18:13
Joe Boo Joe Boo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Liberals: Please Explain

I don't see why some cops are for gun control, they must not mind paper work, the risk of arresting someone, and their coffee and donut break interupted.
 #11 
Old 2003-01-02, 22:48
Regular
 
Default Re: Liberals: Please Explain

quote:
Originally posted by FuckOffandDie:
It never ceases to amuse me how many American consider firearm regulations to be the primary indicator of freedom.


What the fuck FOAD? We were birthed in armed insurgency. It's in our blood. What would you use to overthrow the King? I'll bet that slingshots aren't even legal over there. Nevermind the oil, just pray that the lead and sulphur never run out.
 #12 
Old 2003-01-03, 02:42
13.0.0.0.0 13.0.0.0.0 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Liberals: Please Explain

When you outlaw guns, the only people that have guns are the outlaws.
 #13 
Old 2003-01-03, 04:10
Genital-Warfare Genital-Warfare is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Liberals: Please Explain

quote:
Originally posted by 13.0.0.0.0:
When you outlaw guns, the only people that have guns are the outlaws.
You couldnt be more correct,

I was trying to gat a politcal veiw on liberals, the same post is in RTBA that is were the posts about guns should go.

CTR

 #14 
Old 2003-01-03, 04:11
Regular
 
Default Re: Liberals: Please Explain

quote:
Originally posted by 13.0.0.0.0:
When you outlaw guns, the only people that have guns are the outlaws.


How enlightening.

The funniest bit is that the anti-gun lobby have got you calling them liberals.

If I understood FOAD correctly, he has a good point. The Patriot Act is much more frightening than any legislation to take your weapons away.
 #15 
Old 2003-01-03, 08:37
Iscariot Iscariot is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Liberals: Please Explain

It would be nice to live in a world without guns wouldn't it.
Man I feel like a hippie. But I hope one day...
 #16 
Old 2003-01-03, 17:03
Armed&Angry Armed&Angry is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Liberals: Please Explain

I wouldn't say that guns are an indicator of our level of freedom, at least not in every situation. The destruction of the rest of the Bill of Rights can be done (and has been done) without dealing directly with the 2nd Amendment.

On the other hand, guns are the final defense against a government that has grown out of control. If a government wanted to take away firearms of every kind, even for law-abiding citizens, I would be very suspicious indeed.
 #17 
Old 2003-01-03, 17:35
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Liberals: Please Explain

quote:
Originally posted by Craftian:
The Patriot Act is much more frightening than any legislation to take your weapons away.


I laugh everytime someone talks about the Patriot Act.

Craftian, how would you accomplish homeland security?

Nox
 #18 
Old 2003-01-03, 19:09
Regular
 
Default Re: Liberals: Please Explain

Rest assured, when there's popular support for an overthrow of the govt, the guns materialise. The IRA, for example, boasts an impressive arsenal, and it doesn't even boast majority support, simply the backing of a significant minority. Of course, legal guns can be used to support a coup d'etat conducted on behalf of a tiny minority, or for an individual to resist the govt's enforcement of law. But I'm sure you woldn't advocate that.

I'd expect one's objections to "liberals" to be based on issues which have a more significant effect on daily lives i.e. taxation, restrictions on freedom of speech, "affirmative action" etc. But then, one of the disadvantages of living in Europe is not being attuned with the American mentality

http://www.epic.org/privacy/terrorism/hr3162.html

This link appears to contain the full text of the Patriot Act. Some of its provisions appear to have no obvious use, others appear to violate constitutionally granted rights. Still, you've got the Supreme Court to appeal to on that basis. I'd study it more carefully, but it really doesn't apply to me. Still, when it comes to accomplishing homeland security profiling doesn't work.
 #19 
Old 2003-01-03, 19:38
JakeTakeoko JakeTakeoko is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Liberals: Please Explain

When I turn 21, I am going to have an arsonel in my closet.

What I think is the most riddiculous, is the fact that they think laws are going to change something. It is illegal to rape a kid, but our priests still do it. It is illegal to steal from a store, but our kids still do it (^^ . It is illegal to shoot someone without reason with a gun. But it still happens.

THis is what I think:

If you commit a crime, you are executed. You have a trial, followed by a polygraph test, then you may have another trial at a different court if you wish. Even if you steal a candy bar, you have to face time in jail/juvinile-hall(sp). That would scare anybody into commiting crimes. THe only laws you need to obey are ones that will dramatically affect another person, or ones that relate to theft. That's about all there needs to be.

Kindof harsh, and very choppy, but who would want to commit a crime if they would be executed for it?
 #20 
Old 2003-01-03, 19:51
preying mantis preying mantis is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Liberals: Please Explain

Here's a recent news item for those who think outlawing guns is a good thing. Here in Britian, owning a handgun is illegal and the number of crimes involing guns is rising very fast.
http://www.btopenworld.com/news/topstories/0,,csn=646|csr=3340141,00.html
 #21 
Old 2003-01-03, 19:51
UnclNastyFingerz UnclNastyFingerz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Liberals: Please Explain

It's illegal to carry a concealed weapon in Switzerland.

It's also illegal to own a pistol in Switzerland.

It's illegal to keep any firearm in your house in most of Switzerland.

Each Swiss down has a firearms depo, and the people own keys. They're only allowed to use their weapons if their country is being invaded.

If you're gonna use an example, don't use Switzerland.
 #22 
Old 2003-01-03, 20:49
Regular
 
Default Re: Liberals: Please Explain

preying mantis

Read the article more carefully. The two teenage girls were in a public place at a time, hardly somewhere they'd expect to be carrying a handgun for self defence. The point is moot anyway, since they were killed by someone wielding a submachine gun. You don't get many chances against a "hail of bullets" fired by a submachine gun at a party, whether you've got a handgun in your pocket or not.

I don't think submachine guns are legal, even in America.

JakeTakeoko.
Polygraph tests don't work. Pretty poor pretext for executing someone, particularly for a misdemeanour...

Uncl
Swiss army members are legally required to keep their rifles at home in order to create a militia. Shooting competitions, including juveniles, are widespread, with lax security. Having said that, Swiss citizens must otherwise cite a precise reason in order to keep a gun at home.
 #23 
Old 2003-01-03, 20:51
Genital-Warfare Genital-Warfare is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Liberals: Please Explain

quote:
Originally posted by UnclNastyFingerz:
It's illegal to carry a concealed weapon in Switzerland.

It's also illegal to own a pistol in Switzerland.

It's illegal to keep any firearm in your house in most of Switzerland.

Each Swiss down has a firearms depo, and the people own keys. They're only allowed to use their weapons if their country is being invaded.

If you're gonna use an example, don't use Switzerland.


I dont think i did, im not sure exatly where but i think the general are is the area of Scandinavia its been a long time since i acualy reasearched this so hang in there.

CTR
 #24 
Old 2003-01-03, 21:29
Armed&Angry Armed&Angry is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Liberals: Please Explain

^ My bad. Would you believe I meant "Vermont?"
 #25 
Old 2003-01-03, 22:05
Regular
 
Default Re: Liberals: Please Explain

quote:
Originally posted by FuckOffandDie:
when there's popular support for an overthrow of the govt, the guns materialise.


Maybe, but this is no reason to give them up.

quote:
The IRA, for example, boasts an impressive arsenal


Actually winning their protracted turf-war would be much more impressive.

quote:
guns can be used to support a coup d'etat conducted on behalf of a tiny minority, or for an individual to resist the govt's enforcement of law. But I'm sure you woldn't advocate that.


Generally, I wouldn't. But there are exceptions.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics